• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey - Stick or Twist?

Stick Or Twist?

• Stick

Votes: 44 48.4%
  • Twist

Votes: 47 51.6%

• Total voters

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
HollandGooner said:
patrick42uk said:
For me, Ramsey playing at AM is the single most important detrimental factor to our offensive game. Has been all season. He is not a AM, he's not technically good enough.

I agreed, what about Arshavin? I rate him very highly in a AM position but he has never played in his natural position.

completely scratching my head as to why this has never happened this season. Sad thing is if we were to do it now it would be too late but may make Arshavin coveted by europes elite again.

GOONER1991

Established Member
I don't understand why Arshavin hasn't been given a run in AM either. Yes, his workrate won't be the best, but we play with two deep midfielders, they should be able to cover the ground for him, no? The AM's job should be to create, and Ramsey simply isn't doing that.

Wenger's been prepared to play Arshavin on the left, right and as a freaking striker, but never in his natural position which is ludicrous considering he's probably our move creative player, bar Van Persie.

I know there's a lot of sentiment surrounding Ramsey, with his injury, and his case is unlike that of say Denilson who lacked both quality and effort. Ramsey clearly shows the effort, however he's simply not good enough. We're Arsenal, and trying hard is simply not good enough. I guarantee you if you played me as Arsenal's AM, I would "try hard".

I do feel sorry for Ramsey, as Wenger has grossly mismanaged him. However right now, he is a cancer to our attacking play and we need to try something new.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
GOONER1991 said:
I don't understand why Arshavin hasn't been given a run in AM either.

He has ..... against Bolton in the CC, he played behind Park and scored one and assisted the other with a great through ball.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDWY56bkRiM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDWY56bkRiM</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arshavin at CF, shows it all in the first minute sorry for the crappy music but hey it's not my vid.

Outliar

DiamondGooner said:
GOONER1991 said:

He has ..... against Bolton in the CC, he played behind Park and scored one and assisted the other with a great through ball.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDWY56bkRiM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDWY56bkRiM</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arshavin at CF, shows it all in the first minute sorry for the crappy music but hey it's not my vid.

Then again, by that first minute alone Park should be ahead in the pecking order in front of Chamakh and Walcott for that forward spot.

Mastadon

Established Member
Arshavin is the best choice for the AMC/SS role and has been ever since Cesc left. Not saying that he is an amazing player but the alternatives are just so much worse. He is creative and will create a hell of a lot more going forward than the others. His work rate is alright and I dont think a player in that position needs to track back all the time. Would definitely be worth playing him there for a spell to see what happens.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Mastadon said:
Arshavin is the best choice for the AMC/SS role and has been ever since Cesc left. Not saying that he is an amazing player but the alternatives are just so much worse. He is creative and will create a hell of a lot more going forward than the others. His work rate is alright and I dont think a player in that position needs to track back all the time. Would definitely be worth playing him there for a spell to see what happens.
Nah, it really isn't.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
Arshavin struggles to make basic 10 yard passes at the best of times, in such a pivitol position as an AM, he would break down too many moves. Unless we want to suffer with constant counterattacks against us, it would be better to bin this notion that Arshavin should be our AM.

His pass completion rate for the PL this year is a pretty pathetic 74.4% per game. In comparison, Ramsey's is 86.8%.

eye4goal

Established Member
Arshavin deserves a chance in the position. His final ball is still better than both Rosicky and Ramsey for me. I don't think he gets on with RVP, or anyone else for that matter and it looks like Wenger has frozen him out totally since the Utd game

Vela

Established Member
I wouldn't find seeing Arshavin getting a chance in his preferred position. Ramsey is injured at the moment and is out of form as well. I don't even know if that's Ramsey best position. Don't know what Rosicky offers in the CAM role anyway? You can't say Arshavin playing their wouldn't work when we haven't seen it yet.

We can't keep playing Rosicky and Ramsey their, it isn't working. Why not give Yossi a game their or change the formation to 4-4-2?

Yaya

Established Member
AFC-Phil said:
Arshavin struggles to make basic 10 yard passes at the best of times, in such a pivitol position as an AM, he would break down too many moves. Unless we want to suffer with constant counterattacks against us, it would be better to bin this notion that Arshavin should be our AM.

His pass completion rate for the PL this year is a pretty pathetic 74.4% per game. In comparison, Ramsey's is 86.8%.

Well, Ramsey gets dispossed of the ball literally 9 out of 10 times, the number of times this has happened is ridiculous. Then there's Arshavin who has as you've mentioned pretty pathetic pass completion. I want neither of them tbh.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
AFC-Phil said:

He is a good dribbler which means he can take players on. His final ball is better than both rosicky & ramsey and he can actually shoot on target unlike the other two.

Ramsey is one of the main reasons teams get counter attacks against us. Never mind the fact that he can shoot, pass or dribble he constantly miss controls simple passes and gives the ball away in the final third.

Nothing can be worse than Ramsey as an AM atm. Hell I've seen Song bypass Ramsey with a thru ball that lands straight at RVPs feet. He is simply a shocking CAM

ArsenalDNA

Outliar said:
DiamondGooner said:
GOONER1991 said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDWY56bkRiM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDWY56bkRiM</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then again, by that first minute alone Park should be ahead in the pecking order in front of Chamakh and Walcott for that forward spot.

I remember watching the Park compilation after the Bolton game and thinking that he looked decent.

He only scored once but most/all of his shots were on target and took decent saves to keep them out. I've honestly got no idea why he hasn't been given any time. He must be rubbish at training.

The one time Arshavin gets game time at CAM and he scores one and sets the other up. Wtf is Wenger thinking by not giving him any other time there? Defies logic.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
^ Wenger even said after the game that Arshavin say's he prefers that position and that it might be "tempting to play him there" I swear Arsenes problem sometimes is that he hates for people to say "I told you so"?

Anyway I don't mind letting Theo have another chance up front maybe this time someone will actually be able to pass him the ball.

The fact that he only got one pass through RVP showed the real impotency of this midfield, a CF and a ST to aim for and neither player could buy a pass from our midfield.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004
Top Bottom