• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Abou Diaby - Broken Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glovegun

Established Member
Enfield said:
TBH there is a lot of guys out there in their 20's and 30's who are getting royally screwed over by their banks/goverment/angela Merkel etc. They are struggling to put a roof over their families head and food on the table. They will get my pity over a multi-millionaire footballer who will probably get plenty chances to stay in football via coaching etc

Completely agree. Still feel for him though.

alboots101

Established Member
For the record....I like Abou.

I know it was heresay but i was just highlighting a microcosm of the views of some Arsenal fans.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I still think it's ****ing wack that people use money as a reason not to feel sorry for someone. Who's to say Diaby even gives a flying **** about how rich he is?

It's cliché-d and ****ing tired.

evoh_1

Established Member
For those who feel bad think of the 100s of young players who you never had the chance to feel sorry for whose careers have been cut short of starting by these sort of injuries. Abou at least has made enough money that he will never have to work a hard day in his life or claim incapacity benefit at any point, your not going to see him standing outside a job club anytime soon.

I wish him well but hope he does that away from the club as he has held the team back for far too long and the primacy of the club is to look after the team as a whole not just the ins and outs of one player who is unable to perform his role in the squad. I expect us to be classy about how he leaves but he must seriously be on his way out.

Glovegun

Established Member
Quicker than Walcott said:
I still think it's ******* wack that people use money as a reason not to feel sorry for someone. Who's to say Diaby even gives a flying **** about how rich he is?

It's cliché-d and ******* tired.

It's more that quite often people fill more empathy with the rich and famous than with those who live side by side with them. Just worth bearing in mind that the guy at the very least has financial security, which a hell of a lot of people who pay to watch him don't.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Its not that people don't feel sorry for him, its that some people make it out that its a tragedy that Abou has had an injury stricken career when there are people far, far worse off than him. I feel bad for Abou, but he still has a good quality of life, people can just go a bit overboard at times.

evoh_1

Established Member
Quicker than Walcott said:
I still think it's ******* wack that people use money as a reason not to feel sorry for someone. Who's to say Diaby even gives a flying **** about how rich he is?

It's cliché-d and ******* tired.

I'm sure having the money to fall back on is alot better for diaby then not having it so in reality i'm sure he is ****ing glad he has been paid £2.5 mil a year to have some money to live very well whether he manages to rescue some sort of career or not. That is why people are tempering their sorrow for him as the fall isn't going to spank him into the welfare state.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think it is fair to sympathize with and have empathy for someone whose career has unfortunately been ruined, while still acknowledging that his entire life hasn't been ruined.

I think everyone feels that Diaby isn't going to become homeless anytime soon, and from most reports he sounds like a smart, level headed guy so hopefully he'll use his money and temperament to do something constructive, but that doesn't mean that his injuries and ruined career aren't unfortunate.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Now I don't pretend to know about Abou or how he grew up, but most professional athletes sacrifice their teenage life to play the sport they love. So while he did get rewarded with money, I'm sure he'd give all away if it meant he could play all these years that he has been on the treatment table.

Of course there are different kinds of people out there, merchants exist as well, but Abou strikes me as a down-to-earth kind of guy.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
People need to remember his footballing career isn't finished. He'll come back again.....most probably for us....and he'll continue playing football - a game he loves - and will continue getting paid a kings ransom for doing so. He can dry his eyes with his Sp**s shirt.

:cry:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I really can't fathom why this has become an issue of money? One of our own has suffereda career threatening injury. so if a multi millionaire gets hit by a car but survives should we not show compassion simply because he is rich and there are poor people in the world in bad situations? Humanity is dying. Sad times.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Accept it isn't any more 'career threatening' than any other torn cruciate injury that hasn't ended anyones career! He's injured again. Simple. He's had as much 'compassion' as anyone can give beyond plain going OTT! And he hasn't had the misfortune to get injured by a car in the street, either. He was injured at work ffs. 'Humanity is dying'? :lol: No, humanities brains are going to mush and need a reality check.

People have shown sympathy. Some have dared to put it into perspective, though, which is healthy, and refuse to indulge in the faux devastation.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
This sums up the Diaby situation most for me...

tumblr_mgs6s7jCUN1qhmpnlo1_500.jpg

Maxim

Horrific bump, I know...but I just had to.

10 years ago tomorrow, on the 13 January 2006 - Arsenal signed Abou Diaby.

03C69A070000044D-0-image-a-45_1425642131485.jpg

He's currently at Marseille but has already been ruled out of playing for the rest of this season due to yet more injuries.

What an absolute nightmare poor Abou has had and what a player he could have been! Really feel for him.

You're my boy Abou...

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Dan ****ing Smith....

He's now a CCTV security salesmen in Brisbane, and he blames his own tackle for ****ing up his own career. Nothing to do with him being a ****ing useless piss stain.

"I think about what might have happened to my career if it were not for that tackle, probably every day...".

--Dan Smith

Unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom