• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He does so much that just makes me think he is not bright enough for this level. I want us to cut out the error prone players and he is one of them.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Soft but warranted, I wouldn’t be happy with that happening to Auba.

It’s reckless and shows a lack of positional awareness to have to slide in like that.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Soft but warranted, I wouldn’t be happy with that happening to Auba.

It’s reckless and shows a lack of positional awareness to have to slide in like that.
Well said, that happens quickly and creates the impression , for the ref, that it is hugely wreck-less.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I still don't understand how he got booked for not only getting to the ball but clearing it before making contact with the defender.

Are we going to start booking strikers who take a shot but happen to kick a defender with their follow through? Makes no sense.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I still don't understand how he got booked for not only getting to the ball but clearing it before making contact with the defender.

Are we going to start booking strikers who take a shot but happen to kick a defender with their follow through? Makes no sense.

I think the issue was that his foot was like 30-40 cm high when sliding, while going hard for the ball, looked bad to the ref.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

I think the issue was that his foot was like 30-40 cm high when sliding, while going hard for the ball, looked bad to the ref.
There is your answer Trilly. The ref's interpretation is hard to argue. In the moment, from where he is, with the rashness already displayed by the player in question, he's giving it. I have to say, as soon as I saw it I thought "here's the second yellow". Also a game in which after the first ten minutes you could see we weren't finishing that game with 11 bodies on the pitch. The atmosphere and momentum of the game can skew the ref's perspective.

As for this very valid question.
Are we going to start booking strikers who take a shot but happen to kick a defender with their follow through? Makes no sense
It does make sense. No we aren't going to card that but a tackle has intent. When the ball is played it must be played cleanly. The rules of the game are designed to avoid serious injury to other players. His challenge resulted in both him and the opposition player being injured. Him more so, unfortunately. The boot off the ground and the intent at which he comes in makes it look much worse to the ref. And he should know that!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

There is your answer Trilly. The ref's interpretation is hard to argue. In the moment, from where he is, with the rashness already displayed by the player in question, he's giving it. I have to say, as soon as I saw it I thought "here's the second yellow". Also a game in which after the first ten minutes you could see we weren't finishing that game with 11 bodies on the pitch. The atmosphere and momentum of the game can skew the ref's perspective.

Are we going to start booking strikers who take a shot but happen to kick a defender with their follow through? Makes no sense
It does make sense. No we aren't going to card that but a tackle has intent. When the ball is played it must be played cleanly. The rules of the game are designed to avoid serious injury to other players. His challenge resulted in both him and the opposition player being injured. Him more so, unfortunately. The boot off the ground and the intent at which he comes in makes it look much worse to the ref. And he should know that!
Fair enough, regardless I’m completely done with him.

We’ve literally gone a year without a RB. Crazy.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Well said. I really think the biggest issue was that after getting the ball, he kept his feet up high, 30-40 cm, spikes pointing kind of towards the opposition player.

He should have kept it to ground, but really he should have not slided at all with a yellow near the sidelines with no threat.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Jon Moss is a fat prick who needs no invitation to book our players. But AMN should know better, he got sent off against Leicester in a similar vein- two first half yellows.

Delighted Bellerin is nearing full fitness. We’ll look 100x better with him in the squad.
Nah mate, this was all on moss today. Also, the game against Leicester, it was 2 soft yellow cards again. 2 fouls, 2 yellows. Maddison dived for one of the cards. Moss needs demoting to the conference.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Think the only defence you can make is that perhaps with VAR you give him a final warning.

Don’t often see second yellows given.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

vxy796.png

Look at his position on the pitch and the players around him. Why would you dive in like that, in that situation? Even worse, already on a yellow.

Brainless.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He’s talented, people on here making out like he’s Armand Traore or something.

When he gets up and around the box he can make things happen from the wing or in the middle, there’s a role for him away from RB.

Iceman10

Established Member
He’s talented, people on here making out like he’s Armand Traore or something.

When he gets up and around the box he can make things happen from the wing or in the middle, there’s a role for him away from RB.

Probably has a role to play as a squad player. I'm questioning more and more nowadays whether "talent" and "potential" blind out mental attributes that may never change, but it is possible maturity will bring about better judgment, just not sure about 100% focus/concentration over 90+ minutes.

Kav

Established Member
vxy796.png

Look at his position on the pitch and the players around him. Why would you dive in like that, in that situation? Even worse, already on a yellow.

Brainless.

Actually if you are being objective you could understand him going for the ball, it is in fact nearer to him than the opponent. What he should have done was shield the ball by putting his body between the ball and the player or just make a standing tackle. The dive was not the wisest thing.

That being said he 100% cleared the ball before make contact and the trailing leg caught the player. Now Law 12 allows the ref to card AMN if he feels that he made a play that was either reckless or with excessive force for example. Thats how Moss interpreted it, you can understand how it was given and you can also argue against it. The ref does have the freedom to use his discretion here but refused to. That is another story...

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
vxy796.png

Brainless.
It’s never a foul though bro, let alone a yellow. Shocking officiating.

razörist

Actually if you are being objective you could understand him going for the ball, it is in fact nearer to him than the opponent. What he should have done was shield the ball by putting his body between the ball and the player or just make a standing tackle. The dive was not the wisest thing.

That being said he 100% cleared the ball before make contact and the trailing leg caught the player. Now Law 12 allows the ref to card AMN if he feels that he made a play that was either reckless or with excessive force for example. Thats how Moss interpreted it, you can understand how it was given and you can also argue against it. The ref does have the freedom to use his discretion here but refused to. That is another story...
Bal was moving away from him don’t forget that

razörist

It’s never a foul though bro, let alone a yellow. Shocking officiating.
That’s no discussion for me but the player should know better. He gives him the chance to send him off, and for what? To win a ball in a non-dangerous situation with no idea where the ball would end up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury
Top Bottom