• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Did AMN play in pre-season? Because if it's him I'm thinking about he was dreadful, nice to see he's proved me wrong.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He has a really sophisticated choice of pass and execution of said pass. He's done incredibly well to make this a strength of his, considering his past as a quick, incisive winger at U18 level.

I think he's done pretty well to adapt to left full/wingback against PL opposition, particularly against two top 6 teams so far. Used his pace well, and maintained that limitless composure. He really only made one mistake all game and it was unfortunately punished. Zappacosta only got half a yard on him too.

I would like to see Wenger make use of AMN's athleticism, smart passing, dribbling skill and ball-winning ability in central midfield. He would at least give our midfield a good balance of speed and good possession.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Convinced me today. Was class.
Think his future will be in midfield, he has everything for it.

IslingtonBornandbred

Put's a lot of our current players to shame. So calm and composed on the ball in all areas. Makes it look easy. Some of our boys look so nervous when they get the ball, he plays like he's in third gear.

I'd stick him in the DM/DLP role and see how he does. Perfect for a player so calm. Would be a piece of cake receiving the ball and moving it forward to Özil.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Put's a lot of our current players to shame. So calm and composed on the ball in all areas. Makes it look easy. Some of our boys look so nervous when they get the ball, he plays like he's in third gear.

I'd stick him in the DM/DLP role and see how he does. Perfect for a player so calm. Would be a piece of cake receiving the ball and moving it forward to Özil.
Our midfield gives the ball away a tad too much for my liking. Xhaka's had some silly giveaways this season. AMN in tight spaces is very secure and we need someone to make the ball stick in that middle 3rd. I also think his quick/first time passing can help us on transitions and counter attacks.

skip spence

Just think his talents are a bit wasted out there. Looks superb keeping the ball in tight spaces, and he can actually cause chaos going against the defense.

Considering you have Özil providing so much playmaking out wide, I think a midfield of Xhaka - Wilshere - AMN would be really interesting to see. Both AMN and Wilshere are the type of players Xhaka thrives next to, player who can ride off pressure and bring the ball forward.
Think I'd prefer a AMN/Ramsey midfield myself. But maybe AMN's pace is a bit wasted at DM? And I'm not sure he's that great a distributor. The few times I've seen him play in midfield he hasn't looked it. But very impressed with the lad tonight! Took the ball off Hazard just about every time he tried to if I'm not mistaken.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He looks like a very good football player. Let's not fret overly at present as to his best position, but rejoice that we have a very good young football player in our ranks.

Tom349

Why does everyone want him to become a midfielder. I mean what is wrong with having someone who can develop into an elite fullback. Phillip Lahm and David Alaba could have been good or very good midfielders but instead they were developed into elite fullbacks. I see no reason to try and develop AMN into a good or very midfielder (doubt he become elite) when he has the potential to be an elite fullback.

I would much rather go out and buy the Serbian lad from Lazio for 50m then play AMN in midfield.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I would like to see Wenger make use of AMN's athleticism, smart passing, dribbling skill and ball-winning ability in central midfield. He would at least give our midfield a good balance of speed and good possession.

I’d love to see a midfield three of AMN, Wilshere and Ramsey at least once this season.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Wasn't sure what to make of him previously in the Cup games, but he's very talented. Think he's benefiting from linking up with better players.

I hear everyone say he's a central player, but he looks comfortable out wide, and his skill set looks suited to the wing. He's quick, skillful, a good dribbler. I'm curious to see him in the middle though.

BobP

Memri Fan
Wasn't sure what to make of him previously in the Cup games, but he's very talented. Think he's benefiting from linking up with better players.

I hear everyone say he's a central player, but he looks comfortable out wide, and his skill set looks suited to the wing. He's quick, skillful, a good dribbler. I'm curious to see him in the middle though.

He looks like a very modern player in the sense that his skillset could see him deployed all across the pitch.

He reminds me of an Alaba or a Lahm in that sense. I'm not saying that he'll reach their level but he'll turn out to be a player in that mould.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
I like his pace, urgency and his commitment. I hope we continues to improve. I know some people say he was at fault for their second goal, but there was still a lot of work for Chelsea to do when the ball went in the box, Lee Dixon said that as a defender you don't let a player get in from of you as Mustafi it was I think did.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
He looks like a very modern player in the sense that his skillset could see him deployed all across the pitch.

He reminds me of an Alaba or a Lahm in that sense. I'm not saying that he'll reach their level but he'll turn out to be a player in that mould.
I'd rather that we eventually find him a position that he can play week in week out. It's early days but I think we all know that he won't be a left back for his career.

Jojoba

Didn't Ainsley's mum say he was going to beWorld Class ages ago? She should join our scouting team.
Every desperate / pushy soccer mum says that about their kid. We can go through the list and nearly all of them keep saying their sons are so good and will become world class. But more than 97% of them end up in league one or back to the 5 to 9 day jobs like the rest of us. Lol

But we should sign AMN’s mother, right now we need all the help we can get. Lol :lol:

Jojoba

TRY him in the Xhaka position here and there. I like his calmness.

Does AMN ever crack a smile? He just seems so focused and don’t deal on emotions :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom