• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alberto Aquilani

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
He ran the show ewhen roma went to the bernabeu.

Anyway Im sure sylvain armand of PSG is out of contract in the summer, hed do a good job as cover left back but signing barry would be much better as he can play in many positions

Glovegun

Established Member
Aquilani looks like a very good central playmaker, so we can expect to see him on the wing for us next season.

But seriously I think our new wide-men will be more in the Aquilani/Arshavin/Arteta/Kranjcar mould than Ben Arfa or Quaresma.

arsmile

Established Member
more interested in grimandi being director of football...he seems like a great scout....but the role is more than that...hell, would be intersting to see an in-house promotion.....(just not in CM!)

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Re: Aquilani linked

Aquilani, a young midfielder from AS Roma, is in the viewfinder Arsenal could soon lose Alexander Hleb, bound for Inter. The information was confirmed Sunday evening by the Italian agent, Vincenzo Morabito. "We are currently negotiating with Arsenal. It remains to be seen whether Roma will retain its young jewels, "said the agent in the issuance Italia Uno.
www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2008/2008 ... l_Dev.html

Zico

Established Member

GoonerGurjit said:
Aquilani, a young midfielder from AS Roma, is in the viewfinder Arsenal could soon lose Alexander Hleb, bound for Inter. The information was confirmed Sunday evening by the Italian agent, Vincenzo Morabito. "We are currently negotiating with Arsenal. It remains to be seen whether Roma will retain its young jewels, "said the agent in the issuance Italia Uno.
http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves20 ... l_Dev.html

That really sounds like Vincenzo is bargaining. He's threatening to take his player away if Roma do not bump up his contract.

FIFA needs to introduce a draconian contract that forbids agents from talking to the media about their players' contract situations. It's distracting and it gets Arsène-Mania unnecessarily excited.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

quincy42 said:
GoonerGurjit said:
http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves20 ... l_Dev.html

That really sounds like Vincenzo is bargaining. He's threatening to take his player away if Roma do not bump up his contract.

FIFA needs to introduce a draconian contract that forbids agents from talking to the media about their players' contract situations. It's distracting and it gets Arsène-Mania unnecessarily excited.
It does. I am excited, don't you?

asajoseph

Established Member

Pretty much spot on there Quincy - it's just agent talk.

Absolutely nothing in this, I think.

patrick42uk

Established Member

I'm pretty certain Aquilani is on Wenger's list of potential replacements for Hleb. But will only happen should we fail to land one of Nasri, Kranjcar or Diego.

Zico

Established Member

entropy13 said:
How in the world did this forum become Arsène-Mania? lol

Oops, my bad. However, just try suggesting Wenger should step down and then you'll see the alternative name fits.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

A comment like 'I know Aquilani is a good player but I am not in for him' from Wenger will kill this rumour.

However, a comment like 'I know Aquilani's quality but I already have Eboue' will entirely kill the chance for the agent to get a raise from Roma. LOL

beepos

Aquilani..Is it just me or are we linked to more players this year than ever before?

beepos

Oh,by the way, I'm not sure that is his real agent. If i remember correctly,Vincenzo Morabito, his supposed agent, was the one who claimed that Milan and Juventus were looking for Adebayor, and he said some false stuff.

bertlb2

I don't trust any agent. They say a lot of things. Few of them actually happen. According to the ever-reliable transfermarket, Morabito is the agent of a fair number of players, but not of Aquilani. They don't say who is Aquilani's agent. Morabito sure talks a lot.

McIntyre

Established Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.j ... ars120.xml

Note in this article how Aquilani's agent says, "Aquilani is speaking to Arsenal. We will have to see if Roma will be able to match his demands." The bit about Roma matching his demands makes me wonder if we're just being used to get him a wage rise at Roma. Typical of an agent to talk up a move to coax an improved contract out of his current club. I can see this speculation continuing maybe a week or so longer, then he'll sign a new, improved contract with Roma, saying how difficult it would be for him to leave.

He'll probably sign for us tomorrow now I've said that. :lol:

scytheavatar

Established Member

This guy's more injury-prone than Rosicky, that's reason enough why we shouldn't get him. But from what I'm hearing he might be a possible replacement for Flamini, cause he's very similar to Cesc.

longrufus

Established Member

Feels like agent talk to me, trying to get better wages for his client. Dont see this happening to be honest.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom