• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Isak

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
That's taking the assumption that Isak costs only 85 million, when they paid 63 million for him and he has 4 years left. Newcastle isn't stupid. Everything matters regarding FFP.

So it's quite certain that Arsenal could rather get Luiz & Gyökeres vs. Zubimendi/Onana & Isak. My choice is the better midfielder. Both Luiz & Gyökeres are proven durable players.

Isak has 13,3% aerial win percentage, and 14,3% tackle success rate this season. Not exactly giving confidence he can be a target man like Havertz.

If I remember correctly (I'm not an economist, so maybe someone else can confirm or deny), he has a contract that spans six years and four years remain. He went for 60 million pounds, so in Newcastle's accounting, the value affecting FFP will probably be 40 million pounds? A sale for 90 million pounds, in this case, would do a lot for them in relation to FFP.

Regarding the fee, I think we actually have the upper hand in a negotiation; all clubs know they need to sell, which players can bring in a large transfer sum? Only Bruno G and Isak really? Which clubs have the ability to spend those amounts this summer on any of these players? Possibly PSG and clubs in the Premier League.

I believe it's possible to get him for 85 million pounds, but the realistic figure is around 90-95 million pounds, alternatively, they could sell Bruno G instead since he contributes more to their accounting regarding FFP.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If I remember correctly (I'm not an economist, so maybe someone else can confirm or deny), he has a contract that spans six years and four years remain. He went for 60 million pounds, so in Newcastle's accounting, the value affecting FFP will probably be 40 million pounds? A sale for 90 million pounds, in this case, would do a lot for them in relation to FFP.

Regarding the fee, I think we actually have the upper hand in a negotiation; all clubs know they need to sell, which players can bring in a large transfer sum? Only Bruno G and Isak really? Which clubs have the ability to spend those amounts this summer on any of these players? Possibly PSG and clubs in the Premier League.

I believe it's possible to get him for 85 million pounds, but the realistic figure is around 90-95 million pounds, alternatively, they could sell Bruno G instead since he contributes more to their accounting regarding FFP.
Both Bruno and Isak have 4 years left, and are crucial players. It depends on how much money they need to raise. They can sell Almiron, Joelinton and Wilson for example, rather than their most important players for a bargain price.

Isak's contract has a 5 million + 10% clause from the next sale which further complicates the price.
"The agreement will also reportedly include a further €5m in future fees, as well as a clause that will earn Sociedad 10 percent of any future sales."

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Both Bruno and Isak have 4 years left, and are crucial players. It depends on how much money they need to raise. They can sell Almiron, Joelinton and Wilson for example, rather than their most important players for a bargain price.

Isak's contract has a 5 million + 10% clause from the next sale which further complicates the price.

Yeah, It'll be difficult to get him for the right fee, no doubt about that. I hope we try to negotiate up to a maximum fee of like 90/95 million with addons, but not more than that.

What seems to make things easier is that they are, crazily enough, interested in Ramsdale. We'll just have to wait and see what happens this summer but could make negotiations easier.

drippin

What worries me is his Padj Defensive Actions, and Aerials Won. Does he do enough defensive work which Arteta requires? Are these affected by him avoiding injuries this season? What if he starts to play more physically, can he stay fit?

And those playmaking stats aren't the best either, which is a bit weird.

You can also see that his NP xG is 0.59, and NP Goals is 0.53, so he hasn't equaled his xG in his finishing, only almost.

GKLnqsZbkAERl5u

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
It's just an example of a attacker who can play all across the attack and is available for half the price. In the long run Malen would be an upgrade over Trossard, being faster and younger, so much more fitting to play on the wings.

My clear preference is buying the best DMF/CMF available, which for me is Luiz with 2 years left. And I would buy Gyökeres over Isak as a target man. Gyökeres earns like half as much as Isak currently, so over the contract period it's likely 13-26 million pounds more wages for Isak, as he would earn minimum 50k per week more.

I don't see why we can't get Luiz and Isak. We just spent 234m Euros without CL football. We should be adding 70m Euros at least in income to our revenue. We don't need to play moneyball anymore

drippin

I don't see why we can't get Luiz and Isak. We just spent 234m Euros without CL football. We should be adding 70m Euros at least in income to our revenue. We don't need to play moneyball anymore
It's not just about getting Luiz and Isak. Arsenal would need in addition a winger like Williams, a CB, a LB and a GK in addition to complete the squad.

Everything matters for FFP, spending now will affect future spending capability. So you don't want to overpay.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
It's not just about getting Luiz and Isak. Arsenal would need in addition a winger like Williams, a CB, a LB and a GK in addition to complete the squad.

Everything matters for FFP, spending now will affect future spending capability. So you don't want to overpay.

Tbf if we get Isak (and if he stays fit which I’m not convinced he can … ) we don’t need another winger as he can play across the front line.

I’m also not convinced we need anyone in defence with Timber back. If we say sell Zinny/Tomi then yeah different story. I’d like a defender sure but “need” is a different thing altogether.

Basically I want quality over quantity this summer.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can’t see Arteta going for a non aerial threat, even Jesus wins a surprising amount here.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Guy is super overrated on here. He’s good, but he’s being made out to be the X factor player when he really isn’t.

Also built like a stick and has a broken body. Already red flags as to if he’d cope with the intensity of playing regularly for us, almost no chance. Overall would be a very stupid signing.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom