• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Something does seem off though, no denying that.

He’s had two decent seasons and you can’t say they were both flukes. That is his level but he is currently performing a long way below it and fan or not, you have to admit he’s not the championship level striker he looks like these days.

Might just be bad form but if we found out in future that he had been injured then I wouldn’t be surprised.

I’ll accept that, something looks off. You think his hunger or desire might be compromised? He got his big move and big contract, France aren’t interested in him and Arsenal are treading water, wonder if everything has made him take the foot off the gas.

He’s never been the main man here either at CF, that’s always been Auba.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I don’t think he’s as bad as some say, he defo should be at a Champions league club, despite obviously not being world class.

I have no idea why he’s been poor infront of goal - we don’t create many chances under Arteta, but we haven’t for years and that didn’t stop him being super clinical or creating his own chances in his first 2 seasons.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I’ll accept that, something looks off. You think his hunger or desire might be compromised? He got his big move and big contract, France aren’t interested in him and Arsenal are treading water, wonder if everything has made him take the foot off the gas.

He’s never been the main man here either at CF, that’s always been Auba.
Yeah could be that too. Such a rapid decline is unheard of, in cases like this you usually find out later on that the player was unsettled/injured.

He does seem extremely frustrated on the pitch these days as well.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

For me he’s never looked good for Arsenal, the odd game aside.

He’s never had a 3-6 month period where he’s been brilliant and a killer striker.
I’ve never thought that too. Last season kind of confirmed it, his physical/technical limitations mean he doesn’t get many shots off and then he misses a few too many of the shots he does get off anyway.

He’s good enough for a top club if he’s supporting a better striker like Auba, although this season he’s even been short of that level.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

For me he’s never looked good for Arsenal, the odd game aside.

He’s never had a 3-6 month period where he’s been brilliant and a killer striker.

Just to argue that, no one has but probably Aubameyang. The team as a whole hasn't.

No consistency since Wenger left, from anyone, from players, to staff, to fans, to forum posters.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Dude's having a bad season, it ain't rocket science. We paid 50 million for him cos he was banging in goals for Lyon, not cos he worked hard or had good link-up play.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
EQL0lX9WsAAP3hv

progman07

Established Member
Part of his problem is that we aren't playing high enough on the pitch. He is not the fastest around and if he has to track back a lot, he spends too much time in the wrong areas of the pitch (just look at his heatmap, he takes so many touches away from goal).

Reactions: roz

roz

Fake News Merchant
Part of his problem is that we aren't playing high enough on the pitch. He is not the fastest around and if he has to track back a lot, he spends too much time in the wrong areas of the pitch (just look at his heatmap, he takes so many touches away from goal).
This is true but credit to Lacazette for realising we aren’t creating which is probably why he’s doing this. We dont have a CM that can do damage further up the pitch.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
In a team where we've had Özil, Sanchez, Cazorla and Walcott, I think he would be amazing there, but this is a mid table team and we need someone to blame for our overall poverty. Özil and Laca are perfect for that, easy targets.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
They're easy targets cos they're both playing sh*te mate.
I was in that camp for far too long. Özil basically turned to **** once he lost Cazorla and Sanchez, his game still looks the same.
Laca never even had the opportunity to play in front of a proper midfield. The creative force behind him for the last 2 years were Kolasinac, Iwobi and Auba which is a complete joke. He plays more like a midfielder than a CF for us just because of the broken system we have.
Not saying he is playing well, but we should think more about the reasons behind that

thierrytheking14

I was in that camp for far too long. Özil basically turned to **** once he lost Cazorla and Sanchez, his game still looks the same.
Laca never even had the opportunity to play in front of a proper midfield. The creative force behind him for the last 2 years were Kolasinac, Iwobi and Auba which is a complete joke. He plays more like a midfielder than a CF for us just because of the broken system we have.
Not saying he is playing well, but we should think more about the reasons behind that
I hear what you're saying and I agree to an extent.

Yes the system/setup doesn't get the best out of either. I doubt Lacazette wants to come as deep as he does and Özil would want more runners around him.

But what I can't really forgive (especially for Özil) is just turning up, rolling out an average performance, playing it safe and not taking any risks. I'm not going to take the jam outta a guys doughnut for taking a few risks and trying something different. But the Özil I'm watching this season isn't the Özil of old - and its hard to watch. There's little to no invention there, very little guile or spark.

Lacazette whilst he's busting his ass running around and looking busy looks slower and more cumbersome than he ever has in the past. His finishing (arguably the strongest part of his game) is so wayward this year.

I think a better system with more suitable players around them would get more outta both, but there has to be more personal responsibility in both.

Both are underperforming.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Wonder if this could work:

-------------Aubameyang------Lacazette

Saka------------Xhaka-----------Torreira------------Pepe

Kolasinac--------Luiz------------Sokratis--------Bellerin

---------------------------Leno

No box-to-box midfielder there, but perhaps Joe could grab an opportunity.

Wonder if this could work:

-------------Aubameyang------Lacazette

Saka------------Xhaka-----------Torreira------------Pepe

Kolasinac--------Luiz------------Sokratis--------Bellerin

---------------------------Leno

No box-to-box midfielder there, but perhaps Joe could grab an opportunity.

Doubt it. Auba and Laca lack creativity and hold up play(yes Lacazette is not good at hold up play). Xhaka is error prone and Torreira has tiny legs. Also in this system Pepe would be even further away from the goal which I think his lovers say is his biggest problem.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Any chance of just doing a simple player swap, maybe offer a bit of money aswell to be on the safe side. What about Lacazette for Richarlison from Everton, anyone else like that idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom