• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Might as well chime in after a break from the forums. He has been pretty awful recently, but astonished about the fans here again.

People are licking Auba's balls and hating Laca, eventhough clearly both have different attributes. A comparison update adding to last season when both had similar point per game in EPL (about ~point per 120 minutes without penalties) and Laca got Player of the Season from fans.

Now it is:

Lacazette in EPL this season: 20 games 7+3=10, POINT PER 132 minutes.

Aubameyang in EPL this season: 26 games 17 (one penalty)+1=18, POINT PER 128 minutes. Without penalty point per 135 minutes.

Now, while Laca clearly has been off-form, he is putting similar numbers as Auba (AGAIN like last season), so we can imagine how it can be when he is on-form.

One is playing as wide-forward and other as striker. Why are you comparing them? :lol:

Because of tactics. Auba is not a LW, but cuts in very much and is often like a striker. And Laca is coming back in the meanwhile. This was similar with Emery.

Auba is LW. You see him constantly dribbling on the left wing during matches. Yes he cut inside a lot but he is LW first and most, that is his starting position when we win the ball back. He also use a lot more energy during matches having to defend deeper.

Lacazette is then striker and has scored all his goals from there.

No way they should be compared given they are not playing same role or even same position. If anything Auba outscoring Laca from the wing just show how bad Laca is.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Auba is LW. You see him constantly dribbling on the left wing during matches. Yes he cut inside a lot but he is LW first and most, that is his starting position when we win the ball back. He also use a lot more energy during matches having to defend deeper.

No way they should be compared given they are not playing same role or even same position. If anything Auba outscoring Laca from the wing just show how bad Laca is.

I agree that Auba is better, but he is not very much better like people claim here. And like I have said earlier, Lacazette has his uses against certain opposition and Auba in away matches as CF and against tougher opposition in counter-attacks. Auba has not much use against busses compared to Lacazette.

Everyone's favourite Firmino has point per 160 minutes this season in EPL, and he is in a team that has 1 draw and 1 loss this season.

I agree that Auba is better, but he is not very much better like people claim here. And like I have said earlier, Lacazette has his uses against certain opposition and Auba in away matches as CF and against tougher opposition in counter-attacks. Auba has not much use against busses.

Everyone's favourite Firmino has point per 160 minutes this season in EPL, and he is in a team that has 1 draw and 1 loss this season.

Not sure what your aim is here. Surely you are not defending Laca performances this season? Even Lacazette biggest jerk offers have admit he has been terrible this season.

Auba is a wide forward in our system. Laca being on similar goal per minute ratio just show how bad Laca really is.

drippin

Not sure what your aim is here. Surely you are not defending Laca performances this season? Even Lacazette biggest jerk offers have admit he has been terrible this season.

Auba is a wide forward in our system. Laca being on similar goal per minute ratio just show how bad Laca really is.

Can you read? I said he has "clearly been off-form"? Still he has same numbers per minute as Auba and better than Firmino for example.

Just bringing in some perspective here that people clearly lack. Such great fans, cheering the players on to better performances and acknowledging their good contributions. Luckily the match-going fans are not like this forum.

Can you read? I said he has "clearly been off-form"? Still he has same numbers per minute as Auba and better than Firmino for example.

Just bringing in some perspective here that people clearly lack. Such great fans, cheering the players on to better performances and acknowledging their good contributions. Luckily the match-going fans are not like this forum.

Auba is wide forward. There shouldn't be comparison between him and Laca. If anything it makes Laca look even worse than he has since he joined us.

drippin

Auba is wide forward. There shouldn't be comparison between him and Laca. If anything it makes Laca look even worse than he has since he joined us.

Sure, I have said what I need to, you have your views. Arsenal won. Happy times. :)

pacstud

Instant boost today.

Eddie just can't hold up...at all. Laca could and that was the difference.

Then being able to smoothly slide in three points...well that's handy.

Like so many others I'm curious to see who Arteta is going to improve next.

drippin

Yeah happy times! Glad to have you back mate! Hopefully Laca can score more goals so we get more of you!

He has been pretty horrible from what I have seen recently, until last couple of games. Nketiah is not ready yet eventhough I liked that Arteta gave him a start today.

He has been pretty horrible from what I have seen recently, until last couple of games. Nketiah is not ready yet eventhough I liked that Arteta gave him a start today.

Laca has got goals in last few games tbf but otherwise been bang way below average, his overall game. Also barely had a look in, in a vital game against Olympiacos. Most of his passes were to defenders. Think Trilly one of his biggest fan called it worst striker performance ever.

drippin

Laca has got goals in last few games tbf but otherwise been bang way below average, his overall game. Also barely had a look in, in a vital game against Olympiacos. Most of his passes were to defenders. Think Trilly one of his biggest fan called it worst striker performance ever.

Yes he has been the worst recently that I have ever seen him. But even when he wasn't people were on him here.

And even now when he has point per 132 minutes in EPL compared to Firmino point per 160 minutes, people here seem to say he is one of the worst strikers. :)

Yes he has been the worst recently that I have ever seen him. But even when he wasn't people were on him here.

And even now when he has point per 132 minutes in EPL compared to Firmino point per 160 minutes, people here seem to say he is one of the worst strikers. :)

I don't rate Laca at all. His overall ability is hugely overrated on here. If he isn't scoring goals he just is barely a mid-table level striker. One of the players I will actually celebrate when we sell him! :)

drippin

I don't rate Laca at all. His overall ability is hugely overrated on here. If he isn't scoring goals he just is barely a mid-table level striker. One of the players I will actually celebrate when we sell him! :)

I know. Anyway let's hope he improves, as he has to, even if we get to sell him for a good price.

Not many top strikers will come to a club with 3rd year in a row in Europa League though. (I haven't given up on UCL yet of course.)

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Thought he injected energy when he came on, and moved the ball quicker than all of our other attackers. The deep block was making it hard for us to create chances.

Upping the pace and playing the ball first time increases our chances to get through. He did that today, so I was happy with his contribution.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Been in a slump for the longest time (thanks for selling him out for some $ Funda:mad:) Came on, played well, with us seeing immediate improvement in attack. The pass to Özil in the box was a peach - shooot Özil dammit!

nick gould

You have anger and hatred issues young man that seem to cloud your judgement. You do no that you can praise one player without trashing the other don't you. Aubameyang outscores everyone in this league. If we use your flawed logic, every central striker is bad. There was a time when CR7 predominantly played from the left wing and outscored everyone in the whole world. Again your flawed logic will make every central striker trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom