• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
I just don’t see how it’s an overreaction? He has about 6 goals away from home for us in the league.
That’s absolutely diabolical.
Absolutely shocking stats for a guy we push Auba out wide for.
People claiming this is down to " rustiness ", genuinely not sure if they're talking about today or this season as a whole, because he's been very poor for months.

Last edited:

Malky

Established Member
Its just. For me. Auba and Laca can score and assists decently like they do. But it just doesnt feel like Arsenal attack with them in front 3.
People can go on about the Auba/Laca bromance all they like, but on the pitch there's no chemistry between the two, they don't work together.
A fit front 3 of Martinelli/Auba/Pepe and I'm convinced we would of won that game comfortably.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Absolutely shocking stats for a guy we push Auba out wide for.
People claiming this is down to " rustiness ", genuinely not sure if they're talking about today or this season as a whole, because he's been very poor for months.
Agreed. I can’t get over how bad his stats are tbh. It’s just not good enough. He hasn’t got pace so he isn’t helping us there, not contributing a whole lot to our build up play, can’t beat a man, doesn’t really keep possession either.. I genuinely see no benefit of playing him away from home particularly.
I understand bias’ towards players as I have favourites but Lacazette gets away with so much and I have no idea why

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Doesn’t this suggest that the team has a serious problem away from home but Auba is just that good?

We’ve also seen that other strikers also have crazy home/away goal splits.

Laca is a good (not world class) striker. His away goal record is normal for a team that struggles away from home.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Not bothered much with those away goal numbers. Our team has been dire in away matches and if you take into account his assists, they look a bit decent.
Having said that, his form has been so poor ever since he came back. His first touch and decision making in the box leave a lot to be desired. His work rate is still good and he managed a couple of goals here and there. But he cannot continue playing like this. Hopefully he turns it around in the next couple of games.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Laca#s biggest problem and it always has been since he's joined the club is that he takes too long to pull the trigger. He always waits for the perfect opportunity to shoot, but in this league you're not offered that luxury, if you get half a chance, you just need to crack it!

He's been here for 3 seasons now, I don't think he'll ever learn, unfortunately.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I really don't want to see him and Auba playing together, especially when you have a Martinelli who offers so much more.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yesterday Lacazzette seemed lose his composure in front of the goal. He could have done a dummy to create space for a better scoring chance.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Laca#s biggest problem and it always has been since he's joined the club is that he takes too long to pull the trigger. He always waits for the perfect opportunity to shoot, but in this league you're not offered that luxury, if you get half a chance, you just need to crack it!

He's been here for 3 seasons now, I don't think he'll ever learn, unfortunately.

Really? Odd thing is. Most of Lacazettes goals come from half chances. He doesn't really score goals running through 1 on 1. He gets his goals in the penalty area scoring from tight angles and on the turn.

Problem with Lacazette is that is all he is really good for. If he isn't scoring goals in that area he isn't really doing much else. He is better back to goal than Auba, but he doesn't see a pass and he takes so long to get the ball under control.

Auba on the other hand practically does nothing apart from score. He struggles with build up play and back to goal.

We need a striker who is good back to goal, good in the air, able to link and see a pass, able to run in behind while also having the movement inside the box to score goals.

That striker is not available in world football. We are better off developing Martinelli this season as a CF and seeing how he kicks on.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
We need a striker who is good back to goal, good in the air, able to link and see a pass, able to run in behind while also having the movement inside the box to score goals.

That striker is not available in world football.
We are better off developing Martinelli this season as a CF and seeing how he kicks on.

We had one with the qualities (in bold), but we decided to "upgrade" with Laca

GettyImages.601889686.jpg

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom