• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Just to be clear, I don't hate Laca and acknowledge you didn't say I did. I'm just very disappointed as what appears to be a massive outlay (transfer fee is mot Laca's fault) for a player who overall isn't more effective than Giroud. He's scored the most in a dire season performance wise, but unlike Auba and Pepe, I don't see an upside for him at his very best. Auba we know can score for fun and even though I doubt Pepe, I can't deny that if he fires, he'll be great. Laca has never had that level.
At least you answered. I agree Lacazette is definitely on the way down and you won’t catch me arguing otherwise.

I liked your formation idea as well, I’d prefer Auba upfront myself but certainly worth a try.

If it makes you guys feel better anyways I am pretty sure this is Lacazette’s last season.

If you listen to how Arteta talks about him, he’s very careful in that he lavishes him with praise but never actually calls him good or openly declares his desire for him to stay.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
At least you answered. I agree Lacazette is definitely on the way down and you won’t catch me arguing otherwise.

I liked your formation idea as well, I’d prefer Auba upfront myself but certainly worth a try.

If it makes you guys feel better anyways I am pretty sure this is Lacazette’s last season.

If you listen to how Arteta talks about him, he’s very careful in that he lavishes him with praise but never actually calls him good or openly declares his desire for him to stay.
I can understand the reluctance to play Auba up front but more than anything, I'd like to see the front three interchanging a bit more if only for 20 minutes or so when things aren't working.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Ive said it in the Summer we should have sc old him for even 8 million. No one will give us a good transfer fee consider the crazy wages he is on.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Neeks who have no business mocking anybody is nothing new. Fkhange is an idiot.

I hear Giroud is available again, I’m sure most of you would jump at the chance since we love rummaging through Chelsea’s bins for elderly players.

Kav

Established Member
Can't believe people celebrated when we were said to be offering him a new contract. Let's hope it was fake news. Worst striker in the history of Arsenal I think.

Nah man. We’ve had Jeffers and in case you forgot we had Bendtner (Mind you he had way more talent than lacazette but just wasted his away).

Lacazette is not a bad player stats wise. He’s scored 40 goals in about 100 appearances. Perhaps both Emery and Arteta have not been utilizing him to his strengths?

I will be honest I was never a fan of him coming here and the only reason I did like the idea was because I thought there was no way that he would be slower than Giroud. Our forward line needed a fast striker at the time but as it turns out they have the same speed. -_-

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Nah man. We’ve had Jeffers and in case you forgot we had Bendtner (Mind you he had way more talent than lacazette but just wasted his away).

Lacazette is not a bad player stats wise. He’s scored 40 goals in about 100 appearances. Perhaps both Emery and Arteta have not been utilizing him to his strengths?

I will be honest I was never a fan of him coming here and the only reason I did like the idea was because I thought there was no way that he would be slower than Giroud. Our forward line needed a fast striker at the time but as it turns out they have the same speed. -_-

Nah. I saw Giroud for France. He is the faster one now.:(:lol:

Reactions: Kav

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Misses over the last four or so years. Harsh.:lol:
Lol I’ve seen more miss complilations for this guy than good ones from our fanbase.

Im gonna make one from this and last season soon.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
People still tryna convince us Lacazette is good in 2020, I have to respect the resilience tbh. That one dancing celebration really left a mark on certain guys.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

People still tryna convince us Lacazette is good in 2020, I have to respect the resilience tbh. That one dancing celebration really left a mark on certain guys.
Just pointing out that the same guys complaining about Lacazette, were the same people complaining about Giroud, Wenger, Emery, Ramsey, etc not even realising that even if you remove them away from the equation the club is still sh*t basically.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Just pointing out that the same guys complaining about Lacazette, were the same people complaining about Giroud, Wenger, Emery, Ramsey, etc not even realising that even if you remove them away from the equation the club is still sh*t basically.

All it really take is winning games and good form to stop the moaning though, hopefully we can do it soon.

carlito'sway

Established Member

This sums it all up, even tho bizarrely the person who tweeted this is using this poor record as a way to back him.

For £55 million as a striker at a club like Arsenal, to have that sort of record is really really poor.

We got taken to the cleaners by Aulas on this. He must have laughed all the way to the bank.
That may be an unpopular opinion here but Giroud is a better striker than Laca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom