• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Likemusic

What kind of argument is that? Based on your logic we shouldn't buy anyone from outside Premier League, because we won't know if they'll perform? Lacazette is entering his prime, and has proved for four consecutive seasons that he is a goal scoring machine. Morata, Lukaku and Belotti are going for minimum £70m. I think £50m(+) is a great price, and I'm sure that he will deliever the goods. Imagine the passes from Alexis, Özil and Xhaka. With his conversion rate, he will score goals.
It's not that we shouldn't sign players from other leagues.
The point is we should sign player according to their attributes, not performance.

Performing well in a much weaker league is easy, and does not guarantee success when moving to a good league.

Buying player according to their attribute will almost guarantee success. If u find a player who can do tricks like Ronaldinho, run like Walcott, and strong like Drogba, he would be the best player in any league.

TH14

It's not that we shouldn't sign players from other leagues.
The point is we should sign player according to their attributes, not performance.

What's wrong with Lacazettes attributes? And how much have you actually seen of him?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The reason we buy them is because of their quality, not because of their performance in the league that they are coming from.
That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You think Lacazette has scored 100 goals because he practices black magic and performs ritualistic sacrifices to Satan? Performance and quality go hand in hand. In fact performing well is the most comprehensive proof that the player has quality.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The more I read, the more excited I get about him joining. tbh after not getting him last summer I thought we would no longer be interested as his price has shot up. Last season though he seems to have added more to his game so I can understand Wenger focusing on him as our CF even if it did mean smashing our record fee. As for price, I guess they are all shooting up, Utd £70m+ for Lukaku shows that. Personally, I prefer Lacaz any day.

Likemusic

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You think Lacazette has scored 100 goals because he practices black magic and performs ritualistic sacrifices to Satan? Performance and quality go hand in hand. In fact performing well is the most comprehensive proof that the player has quality.

Here is an extreme example:

Assumptions:
1) shooting power is the only attribute to consider in this example.
2) The figures are made up

The example:
1) Lacazette can shoot a ball at 100km/h.
2) Goalie in the French league have reaction time much slower than they can handle this speed.
3) As a result, he scores on every attempt in the French league.
4) Goalie in the PL has a much quicker reaction time.
5) As a result, he doesn't score on any attempt in the PL

Conclusion:
Performance and quality do not always go hand in hand. In the above example, the amazing performances of Lacazette in the French league is because of the low level of the league. The fact is that, he doesn't really have much quality.
Therefore, when buying a player, we should look at his attributes instead of how he perform. In the above example, the solution is to buy players that can shoot the ball at a speed, that will definitely beat PL goalies, regardless of what league he is from or how he perform.

Last edited:

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Assumptions:

The example:
2) Goalie in the French league have reaction time much slower than they can handle this speed.

Conclusion:
Performance and quality do not always go hand in hand. In the above example, his amazing performance in the French league is due to the low level of the league. The fact is, he doesn't have much quality.
Therefore, when buying a player, we should look at his attributes instead of how he perform. In the above example, the solution is to buy players that can shoot the ball at a speed, that will definitely beat PL goalies, regardless of what league he is from or how he perform.

Have a day off mate, can't believe I wasted my time reading that absolute rubbish. Buy a player who can shoot the ball at a speed to beat a PL goalie. :lol::lol::lol:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Assumptions:

The example:

Conclusion:
Performance and quality do not always go hand in hand. In the above example, his amazing performance in the French league is due to the low level of the league. The fact is, he doesn't have much quality.
My god man.
giphy.gif

GBGooner

Assumptions:

The example:

Conclusion:
Performance and quality do not always go hand in hand. In the above example, the amazing performances of Lacazette in the French league is because of the low level of the league. The fact is that, he doesn't really have much quality.

You need to lay off the Fifa and actually watch some football

GDeep™

League is very weak
People hoping for 20 league goals shows how much Giroud has lowered standards.

He's the starting CF for Arsenal FC.

I'd be very disappointed if he didn't hit 20.
Leave Giroud alone yeah. Think people are unsure about the overall quality of Lacazette more than anything.

I see enough to see a guy who should score 25-30.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Guys you probably want to put your ego to one side and actually read what likemusic is saying.

I fully agree with him - you're buying attributes and quality, not a few goals he scored in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom