• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Before he signed for us, the debate was ‘is he world class though’? I said he wasn’t back then, and nothing has changed. I said he’s not in the very highest tier, but he could definitely get us goals and he’s good enough to play a big part in us winning stuff, as long as other areas do their jobs. He’s well above average.

There is nothing to complain about so far.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Laca is quality but he always leaves wanting just that little bit more. Two big goals, but if he'd score one of the other chances the tie would be dead and buried.
The difference between a top class striker and a world class one. We're going to have to load up the wings/midfield/fullbacks with quality to make up for him and Auaba being not quite there.

I don't think he's clutch. A clutch player scores his chance against Sp**s away or walks away with the match ball yesterday.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Before he signed for us, the debate was ‘is he world class though’? I said he wasn’t back then, and nothing has changed. I said he’s not in the very highest tier, but he could definitely get us goals and he’s good enough to play a big part in us winning stuff, as long as other areas do their jobs. He’s well above average.

Who is in the highest tier? Can we afford any of them? Would they want to play here?

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
love this guy.

first goal was everything him and Auba as partnership are all about.
Laca drops deeper, does well with his hold up play and then releases Auba who's already on the move. Laca follows and becomes an option, Auba sees him.

Even if we play with one striker and 2 wingers, I still want Laca play deeper, allowing the wings to be attacking threat.

I see him a bit like Firmino role, when playing with one Cf.
drops deeper, fights for the team and uses his skills to make a difference there. He might be short, but is handful for any defender, especially in such role a bit away from the goal.
it's a nightmare for opposition because one of the CB's has to follow him, leaving a hole for wingers to attack.
if they let a DM deal with him, we have an extra mid then to control the attack.

Cruyff talked better about why in a 433 he prefers a CF to form a diamond with those 3 mids, instead od pushing that player up field and having wingers doing most of the creating leaving CF to score goals.
And I fully agree with him, and best of all Laca fits the bill there.

even with 2 man attack, it's all good as long as we look for Laca more, get him involved in a bit deeper role, causing miss matches and confusion to opposite teams, while the 2nd striker does the running and constant pain in the ass to defenders

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Even if we play with one striker and 2 wingers, I still want Laca play deeper, allowing the wings to be attacking threat.
That's actually the role Özil has now. I love it, Laca has the attributes to play this role and he is also willing to help defence and win the ball back.
Auba is completely useless on the ball and he needs to have 0 touches in our build up if we want to create anything, tap-ins from him would be more than enough.
Bringing in 2 wingers or having one from our youth team, with Laca dropping back, could solve a lot of our attacking issues.
It's harsh on Özil though because he is a quality player, but the things you wrote have much more sense to me.

say yes

forum master baiter

Yep this is spot on. I love Laca, and he has actually turned out to be better than I expected, but he’s not world-class.

That’s not a problem however. There are only a handful of world-class CFs in world football - the likes of Kane, Aguero, Lewandowski, Mbappe and Suarez - and they don’t typically play for Europa League clubs. Hell, most of the Champions League elite don’t have one. We’re incredibly lucky to have a striker (in fact two!) who are just one tier below.

Laca is good enough to play at any level of football in Europe. Surround him with some quality out wide (like Liverpool have done with Firmino) and we could be absolutely devastating.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Yep this is spot on. I love Laca, and he has actually turned out to be better than I expected, but he’s not world-class.

That’s not a problem however. There are only a handful of world-class CFs in world football - the likes of Kane, Aguero, Lewandowski, Mbappe and Suarez - and they don’t typically play for Europa League clubs. Hell, most of the Champions League elite don’t have one. We’re incredibly lucky to have a striker (in fact two!) who are just one tier below.

Laca is good enough to play at any level of football in Europe. Surround him with some quality out wide (like Liverpool have done with Firmino) and we could be absolutely devastating.
We've got 2 of the best ~5 true CFs in the PL. That's pretty cool.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Happy for him and I think he deserved it. But why do we vote for player of the season before the season ends?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well deserved he has everything this season goals assists and workrate you cant get better striker than that. 18 goals and 12 assists.

thierrytheking14

Doesn't deserve it.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom