• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Oh ffs, he's a good striker, and one that has improved year after year. Is he the best in the world? No. But we're not the best team in the world, and he will improve us. He's better than Welbeck, he's better than Giroud, and we're keeping Sanchez this year, imo, so let's be happy.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If Alexis & Özil piss off this summer Lacazette could arguably be our best player going into next season.

If he isnt good enough for us not sure what it makes the rest.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
If Alexis & Özil piss off this summer Lacazette could arguably be our best player going into next season.

If he isnt good enough for us not sure what it makes the rest.

You can bank on Özil staying, and the likelihood of Sanchez staying is quite high, imo. So stop worrying so much.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I think Sanchez stays regardless if he signs an extension or not.

I also think Lacazette will be a nice pairing with Sanchez and Özil, but I'm still hoping for Mbappe...

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Sharing this more for another point of view... but the bad record against the top French sides sticks out.

The point about his penalty record always being brought up doesn't bother me. Good penalty takers are important and we need one now with Cazorla likely done.

There is so much wrong here. Let's see....

He has an excellent scoring record, penalties or not. In fact, Lacazette had the best conversion rate of any striker in Europe's top 5 leagues last season at 38.9 percent (and it wasn't the first time he's led in that category). His shot accuracy was 65 percent.

Arsenal isn't buying him as an aerial threat.

He has scored international goals. Just not this year. It's hard to score goals when the coach won't play you much.

He scored against Zagreb in last year's Champions League and scored in the competition in previous years.

This past season he scored a brace against both Marseille and Nice, while also scoring against PSG and Monaco -- all of the other top 5 teams.

What Arsenal is paying for him is pretty much in line with his valuation by the International Centre for Sports Studies Football Observatory.

And just for kicks, during his four seasons in Ligue 1, only one player won the Player of the Season Award over Zlatan Ibrahimovic. That player was Alexandre Lacazette.

Taxi Driver

05LPx6e.jpg

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Alexandre Lacazette - Lyon

Sticking with Ligue 1 and this time Lyon and their prized asset Alexandre Lacazette. The France international gained a better WhoScored.com rating (7.57) than any other player in France's top tier last term, with 28 goals and three assists contributing to that return. Arsenal are believed to have had a bid for the striker turned down, according to Sky sources.

skysports-alexandre-lacazette-lyon_3988525.jpg

Arsenal have seen a bid rejected for Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette
Only Max Kruse (36.6 per cent) had a better conversion rate than Lacazette (33.3 per cent) of players to score 15 or more goals in Europe's top five leagues last season, with his ruthlessness in front of goal a key asset.

Lacazette's ability to create for others is an added bonus, with 51 key passes from open play the fourth best return in Ligue 1 last season.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...whoscored?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

So @hydrofluoric acid are you happy or not with the possible signing of Lacazette? Your posts didn't make your opinion about him very clear to me.

I don't rate him that much at the moment. I haven't watch him a lot but I have a certain idea what type of player he is and I'm not sure he will take us to the next level.

Nothing really I can do but cheer him on and hope for the best! Hopefully he will be a nice surprise!

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Changing the formation to 3-4-2-1 and dominating- LOVE IT.

Tearing Chelsea apart in the FA cup final with their own system- LOVE IT.

Arsène signed da ting- LOVE IT.

Throwing our weight around offering record dollars for the next generational talent- LOVE IT.

Not letting us get dicked around waiting, moving on to Lacazette- LOVE IT.

NEXT WEEK WE SIGN UP MESUT AND ALEXIS- FECKING LOVE IT.

Thank you Arsène. Thank you Europa League, wish you arrived years ago. We're fecking doing what we were meant to do years ago, good times ahead.

Special thanks to Jamie Vardy, without his refusal this all wouldn't have been possible, you smalltime ******. Have fun in Leicester, be a leicester legend, whatever the **** that means.

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom