• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/transfer-latest/arsenal-transfer-news-and-rumours--sergio-busquets--alexandre-lacazette-and-winston-reid-124550714.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/tr ... 50714.html</a>

Scouted him according to this

BobP

Memri Fan
:lol: Busquets would get annihilated playing in a team with the defensive aptitude of ourselves.

Anzac

Established Member
Does he make runs off the ball off the last man like Walcott,
or does he come short to the ball like Sanchez, or wait for the ball in position?

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Messi Minutes @MessiMinutes
Follow
BREAKING: According to Lyon based journalist @khaledmercato, Arsenal scout Giles Grimandi was at Lyon Vs Metz today #Lacazette #Fekir

Metro reported we and Liverpool are in for him for a fee of £25m

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Seems like a reach to me, could well be there for Fekir. Lacazette will move in the summer I reckon, bidding war for sure.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Taking the piss this season 21 goals now I think in the league already, clinical ****er he is.

BobP

Memri Fan
Lyon have finally reverted to what they do best, utilizing academy graduates and making smart purchases involving little output and then selling them for a healthy profit and doing it all over again.

The period after their great successes was an absolute disaster, they reverted from their tried and tested formula to signing big name players for over the odds I.e. Lisandro Lopez, Gomis, Briand, Cissokho, Gourcuff, Bastos.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This is probably the guy we should have signed when Wenger said he wanted a forward who can play with or without Giroud. With Poldi and possibly Campbell's long term futures hanging in the balance it's possible but I think he'll be too expensive.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Rex Banner said:
Seems like a reach to me, could well be there for Fekir. Lacazette will move in the summer I reckon, bidding war for sure.

I think it is Nabil Fekir , Lyon traditionally don't release their for anything but top dollar .

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I could only see us getting Fekir in if 1 of our attacking midfielders left, so 1 from Rosicky, Cazorla, Özil, Cazorla. I don't really want any to go but he is a big talent.

The need for a top striker is stronger although I'm not sure how good Lacazette would be at leading the line. In terms of strikers Wenger when he's had money has always looked at spending allot on the likes of Henry, Wiltord, Reyes and trying for Suarez. I can't imagine he's happy with Giroud and Welbeck.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

^Definitely not, you can tell he likes his worldie forwards. Don't think we'd have sniffed at Welbz if Giroud didn't break his leg.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Could be sniffing around for a Summer grab. Giroud is for keeps, Wenger rates him highly but another WC centreforward would be ideal to help us take the next step.

spartandre217

Established Member
It could very well be either. Doubt we'll move Giroud on anytime soon but with Podolski gone, Rozza damn near 35 and Santi hitting 30 this season, you can be Wenger is thinking that he'd like another option to play anywhere in the 3 across midfield some time in the next year or two.

As for Lacazette, the guy is 5'9" but he's solid enough in build and is probably only a smidge slower than Theo but with better ball skills.I know he takes PK's for Lyon but his NPG/90 is above 0.7.

Edit

He's scored 5 PKs this season out of 21 goals. So 0.76 Goals per 90mins played. That's bloody impressive. Better than Alexis, albeit in a worse league

2 goals every 3 games pretty much. With PK's he's at a goal a game.

He also has 7 assists for the season so far too.

That's pretty solid, even for someone in the French league.

Doubt it'll come off though, definitely not in the winter for either.

Iceman10

Established Member
The scouting could very well be for Fekir instead of, or in addition to, Lacazette. Fekir's dad said a little while back that Fekir only had eyes for Arsenal if he leaves Lyon which suggests some communications that have taken place, likely with his agent. Don't know much about him, although I know he is decent playing on the left.

Lacazette is a talent on fire at the moment no doubt, but it's the old issue of forward vs. centre forward, and height, etc. for link up / hold up play. He would be a good forward, at minimum, as with Fekir.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Fekir is the real star in Lyon's side for me, has looked a potential world beater every time I've seen him. Pace, tenacity, insane close control, ambidextrous and a calm finisher to boot.

Don't need him at all at the moment but you just have to sign players of his calibre, make room afterwards.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

^Where does he play Jones in the middle, on the left? Is he similar to anyone playing England right now?

Don't watch much French football at all these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom