• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Anelka

Henry14

Anelka COULD be a great footballer, but he lacks the mental capacity to understand what that takes.

He's got the skills.

Allyboy

Established Member
Edu was an idiot, he ran 40 yards across the pitch and tried to wallope Anekla!

Typical Sky, causing fuss about nothing, City had no business trying to get the ball the way they did and it was Anelkas petulance that got him sent off.

Still I have a feeling the media will whip this up to a point where we get hit with several FA Charges, in fact Paddy will probably get one too even though he wasnt playing!

gooner_srf

u know... I think Arsène must punish Edu and Cole... :evil: we need to get rid of these foolishness...although Anelka was deserved to be sent out, but the way Edu and Cole reacted was so stupid... Damn I hate when our winning game spoiled by the news after it..now every body who dont know Arsenal will hate Arsenal... coz the media will be delighted with those stupid reactions.. :cry: :evil:

Great Gunman

Jigger37 said:
GoonerGurjit said:
Cole's stupid, he needs to calm down and not get involved in these petty incidents. Anelka was just trying to get the ball just like anyone else in his situation would have done.
And cole was doing what most players would also have done if the opposition pulled a goal back in the dying minutes.

They media is always against us :cry: F***ing Quinn "Arsenal have got a problem". You're telling me that the other team wouldn't do the same thing that Cole done?. We don't need any internal investigation of that incident, although what Edu was doing is really brainless as if we haven't got enough problems in our hands, dear me :roll:.

P.S. Arsenal are docked six points for time-wasting, that rule, It only apply to Arsenal. :twisted:

XxGoonaStuxX

Cole may have annoyed Anelka but Cole has every right to pick the ball out of his own net for all he knows Cole could have kicked it into the centre a second later anyway.
Muppet Anelka had to use force. Rightfully sent off.

Alexone234

Anelka tried to rugby tackle cole first, then got all pushy. I was at the other end and have not yet seen the highlights, but it looked like a load of nothing until Anelka raised his dirty paws.

The Mini

Think about it, We want to get the game going again, so we get the ball out of the net quickly. Anelka comes, and does what he does (sorry, cant remember). We both want the same thing, a good game. Cole isn't the kind of guy to waste time like that. Edu was stupid, sure he might be annoyed but there is there much point in wasting energy to do something you'll get in trouble for?

Mark

Established Member
i hope Arsène tells them to calm it down, although the way anelka was acting didn't help the situation.

reggiepaul

Has anyone commented on Ashley Cole protesting about Anelkas sending off?

Has anyone commented on Ashley Cole going over to apologise to Anelka?

Has anyone commented on Anelka giving the first hand of apology to Edu and Cole?

Nope. Neither did ****e sports, well not as much.

Let's add that we don't need to hold the ball to waste time. Our team are just as capable of wasting time before the kick off by not getting on their side.

You can't hold the ball and push and drag the oppositions players around. That itself highlights what you are intending on doing. Did anyone raise their hand or push Cole? Nope. Cole was the first to drag Fowler around and push Anelka away twice. Anelka was totally laid back about it all until he was shrugged off and pushed.

As for Edu if it wasn't for Cygan he may have kicked the north bank and brought it all down. He was mad for some bizarre reason, don't know what.

I thought the sending off was harsh at the game and watching it I felt we were extremely lucky the incident didn't go against us. Extremely.

...saying that I wished Reyes had nutted Tarnat harder. At least he gets a taste of the a*seholes in the premiership so he can twist and turn them later. Great start for this guy.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
EH? Anelka raised his hands to Cole and pushed him in the face. Also Cole never touched Fowler, Fowler came running in to grab the ball and Coley sidestepped him, leaving Fowler on his ample backside!

Though wtf Edu was playing at, and he's supposed to be a nice guy..!

Chips&CurrySauce

Edu indeed shouldnt have got involved but he did go in to protect Cole who was on the floor. Personally I feel when both Edu and Reyes came on we looked a much better team!

satan_beckham

so it seems the talks of anelka coming back will stop now...whenever he touches the ball,he got booed...and that was really a unnecessary incident but i know after that he calm down after talking to henry and seems to apologise to cole...

reggiepaul

OneteaminLondon said:
EH? Anelka raised his hands to Cole and pushed him in the face. Also Cole never touched Fowler, Fowler came running in to grab the ball and Coley sidestepped him, leaving Fowler on his ample backside!

Though wtf Edu was playing at, and he's supposed to be a nice guy..!

coley? Cole dragged Fowler around on the floor and Cole first elbowed Anelka and then pushed him BEFORE Anelka did anything at all.

Let's add to the point today Cole apologised and personally said he should have been sent off.

We can't say bugger all about other players but our own players should at least stay out of trouble in any which way possible. Like I said, our team is fully capable of time wasting by walking slowly to their side of the pitch before City's kick off. We don't need to hold on to the ball and run off.

So why drag players around the floor and run off? Why elbow players? Why push players? It's all unnessecary and puts us bag on the map for a slating from anyone. Let's realise we will be addresses but only if the team use the likes of Gilberto, Henry, Parlour and Cygan as examples of stopping trouble not instigating trouble.

So, eh? your point being?

fredthered

I ****ing hate that child Anelka. Always complaining and always ****....you know he regrets leaving Arsenal as he showed great promise with us. He is a man totally overwhelmed by money and hence the reason his career has gone down hill since leaving Wenger and Highbury.

He thinks he's the Man City equivalent of Thierry Henry but the truth is that he is bloody lazy, hasnt got the skill of Thierry nor the Pace, nor the beaming personality, nor a ****ing brain.....

There is a reason why the words of his chant changed from...

SUPER, SUPER NIC
SUPER, SUPER NIC
SUPER, SUPER NIC
SUPER NIC ANELKA

To...

**** OFF, **** OFF NIC
**** OFF, **** OFF NIC
**** OFF, **** OFF NIC
**** OFF NIC ANELKA

What can i say....the man is a qualified Arsehole

reggiepaul

Probably why Nicolas Anelka is Thierry Henry's best friend. They probably have a lot in common I guess. Personally I find Anelka to be a great guy (he did encourage Henry to come to Arsenal), especially after Cole apologised to him and how he offered his hand in apology to the people who started and fuelled the trouble. Seems the professionals (who know him better than the tabloid brainwashed fans) respect him, so can't see why we should see differently.

I thought his goal yesterday was brilliant, only marred by our pathetic attempts at time wasting. We're too good for that.

richard keys should be shot the way he attacked cole after the match. and niall quinn shoul join smudger and o leary and ***** about arsenal together

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
reggiepaul said:
Let's add to the point today Cole apologised and personally said he should have been sent off.

um, i beieve his comments were the he said he & Anelka should have gotten the same punishment... he didnt say he deserved a red.... he said if he got a yellow, Anelka should have gotten a yellow, and if red, then both red.. but he didnt say he deserved a red for what he did.... he said he was lucky NOT to get sent off....

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinene ... 93&cc=5901

11th & 12th paragraphs

vin de guerre

Why Did Cole Get Booked?
When a team scores in the first 80 minutes of a game it is left to the goalie or a defender to pick the ball out of the back of the net. The referee was quoted yesterday as saying he booked Cole for "holding on to the ball". Do the rules change in the last few minutes of a game?

Next time Arsenal concede a goal will it be acceptable for them all to leave the ball in the back of the net? Or will somebody be booked for time-wasting?

Yesterday's incident just shows how stupid footballers are. Anelka deserved everything he got (especially after the sending off in the Villa-Bolton Carling Cup semi-final). As far as I'm concerned Cole did nothing wrong. And no, I don't particularly like Arsenal, but surely this is all a big fuss about nothing.
Rob Dyer
This is fromfootball365.com
I thought it was level opinion of what happened.

Mark

Established Member
i'm amazed that a neutral fan would stick up for us like that. you don't get a lot of that.

vin de guerre

Mark said:
i'm amazed that a neutral fan would stick up for us like that. you don't get a lot of that.

why not. The plain facts are that Cole was only dong what he is supposed to do and pick the ball out of the net. He at the time of Anelka's assault had not wasted any time. Anelka was stupid as too was Edu. A Lot of hot air about nuffing in the end.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom