• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Arsenal 1 - 2 Brighton and Hove Albion | Saturday 9th April | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_arsenalblog.jpg

Last night's game was arguably our worst game of the season. It was November-December 2020 bad. It brought out the worst in our team and exposed our weakness. We've been on a run of games where we've been playing teams that sit off us and allow us to have the ball which is usually our strength. Paddy identified this exploited it beautifully.
Collectively we were bad, individually were atrocious.

Brighton is another team that likes to have a go and not sit off teams. It will be interesting to see how Mikel adapts to this. Last night's game was a must win game simply because we have 3 difficult fixtures (Chelsea, united and Sp**s) that we most certainly will drop points in. We can't be dropping points to Palace when we still have to play those teams.

Screenshot-20220405-001149.png

Screenshot-20220405-001209.png

Screenshot-20220405-001223.png

Screenshot-20220405-001252.png

Screenshot-20220405-001312.png

Screenshot-20220405-001333.png

Screenshot-20220405-001352.png

Screenshot-20220405-001408.png

The real worry now is Partey not being injured. It seems as if he was playing with some discomfort throughout the second half.

Screenshot-20220405-002136.png

Prediction
Arsenal 1-0 Brighton

Last edited by a moderator:

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

The pic two post above me says it’s offside. First quick reply I saw I knew it was offside
If you think that post shows it was clearly offside tbh you’re on crack…he’s dead level in line - there might be a few atoms in it for one millisecond but there’s no way some **** in a box twenty miles away could tell that - and that’s not why VAR was designed to decode anyway, plus it’s use is only consistent in its inconsistency. If it was that close and took that long to review, it should be attacking teams benefit - which I understood to be the case anyway.

Obviously a dire performance lacking energy until the 90th minute, for some reason I’ll never understand.

Gooner_girl14

We had a goal questionably ruled out for offside by var, hit the bar twice in succession, Lokonga being a centimeter off from scoring a screamer in the top corner, Sanchez pulling off a great save to deny Nketiah's header. A draw would've been a fair result.
Bar the offside all those things happened in the last 5 minutes or so. Maybe a draw would have been fair, but I was hoping for more fight and grit from the team after Palace. We needed our best players to stand up. Instead we looked really soft and the lack in squad depth is really obvious. If Arteta can’t figure it out soon, we’re not getting that CL spot.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Bar the offside all those things happened in the last 5 minutes or so. Maybe a draw would have been fair, but I was hoping for more fight and grit from the team after Palace. We needed our best players to stand up. Instead we looked really soft and the lack in squad depth is really obvious. If Arteta can’t figure it out soon, we’re not getting that CL spot.
None of what you wrote has anything to do with the claim "Brighton deserved to win" which is what I'm disputing here.

Xorspy

Starting Xhaka at left back was dumb dumb daft from Arteta. He should have started a back 3. Things only got better when Xhaka moved to support Sambi in the second half.

Gooner_girl14

If you think that post shows it was clearly offside tbh you’re on crack…he’s dead level in line - there might be a few atoms in it for one millisecond but there’s no way some **** in a box twenty miles away could tell that - and that’s not why VAR was designed to decode anyway, plus it’s use is only consistent in its inconsistency. If it was that close and took that long to review, it should be attacking teams benefit - which I understood to be the case anyway.

Obviously a dire performance lacking energy until the 90th minute, for some reason I’ll never understand.
I’m not seeing the clear offside either. And taking 4mins to come to a decision shows that it’s too close to call. Cucarella’s hair does seem to indicate that he’s leaning to the left, so his feet could be playing Martinelli onside. Can’t see his feet because it’s blocked by GK. I always thought close calls were given to the attacking team too, but IMO VAR seems to want to rule close goals offside.

carlito'sway

Established Member
In the second half Xhaka seemed to play closer to his midfield position and we controlled the game a bit better, though still didn’t do much in open play (until the last 5mins). Lakonga was ok but seemed out of his depth.

Out of his depth is the perfect summary. I was hoping Xhaka would have been moved back in CM at half time of even Elneny would have come in for Lokonga. I don't know what Mikel saw for him to keep Lokonga on the field for 90 min.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Starting Xhaka at left back was dumb dumb daft from Arteta. He should have started a back 3. Things only got better when Xhaka moved to support Sambi in the second half.
No joke, if Xhaka played in the middle with Sambi from the beginning this would have been a draw at worst.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Binning Tavares a massive gamble. Home to Brighton was the easiest game we’ll have in a while.

Now we either have to return to a broken player or alter the team, again.

Gooner_girl14

None of what you wrote has anything to do with the claim "Brighton deserved to win" which is what I'm disputing here.
They “deserved” to win because they scored more. Even if we had more/better chances. They took theirs and we didn’t, that’s the bottom line.

Reactions: Kav

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

They “deserved” to win because they scored more. Even if we had more/better chances. They took theirs and we didn’t, that’s the bottom line.
That's not what "deserved to win" mean. By that logic every team that wins deserved it regardless how the game itself played out.

Pop Tart

Established Member
We done nothing until we scored which was the last 5 mins. They scored two great goals. Ours was a deflection.

Everyone for them was in top form. Accept it

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
What a manager, he bin Tavares for months at a very young age... And remember it's his first season from Portugal and suddenly he doesn't trust him because he is not Ashely Cole. What if he rotate the squad, maybe that could help to maintain more players in form.

He is that type of manager who needs 2 Billion pounds to make a team decent. Don't be surprised if he tries to sell Partey for a new players, get a new LB, CF, winger. He will always think players are the guilty for not playing his perfect FIFA football.

Morning_woody

Cmon guys. We were never meant to finish 4th ..we didn't invest in January .. seriously..if there was true belief that we could end up 4th , then these greedy yanks would have invested..you can't qualify to CL with Sambi in the middle and lacazette as your main striker. We would be laughing stock just like spuds..in fact...we are the new spuds..this crap about buying young players is just about making money..you can't get in champions League and do well only with players that are developing

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

We done nothing until we scored which was the last 5 mins. They scored two great goals. Ours was a deflection.

Everyone for them was in top form. Accept it
We did more than Brighton had done. They scored two great goals and did f*ck all the rest of the game.

I'm not even saying we deserved to win. I'm just saying that neither did Brighton.

Gooner_girl14

That's not what "deserved to win" mean. By that logic every team that wins deserved it regardless how the game itself played out.
I suppose we have different views on what it means to deserve to win. Coz IMO if you don’t take your chances you can’t expect anything out of the game. For example,I felt we were very wasteful in several good set piece opportunities, when set pieces looked like our best way of scoring. Can’t be doing training ground drills when you’re losing.

Gooner_girl14

We did more than Brighton had done. They scored two great goals and did f*ck all the rest of the game.

I'm not even saying we deserved to win. I'm just saying that neither did Brighton.
Yeh I agree, a draw would probably have been a fair result overall. But unfortunately football is not always fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom