• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal FC's best ever signing has to be...........

wrightgooner

Arsène Wenger.

I know I'm stating the obvious, and it's been said many times before, but now is certainly a good time to remind ourselves of what this man has done for our beloved club.

Without him, who knows where we would be now - probably scrapping for 3/4/5th place in the Prem.

The papers today are stating that the current Arsenal team have been amassed for a net £18m - £1m more that ManUre paid for old Horseface. Wenger is a genius par excellence

The most important signing for us will again be Le Boss extending his own contract. With the new stadium on its way, surely that will be a formality. I'm just SO happy :)

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
He's made a lot of noises about staying with us for the duration though hasn't he? After signing all this young talent, you kinda think he'd want to see it through..

thegame24

Established Member
why would wenger sign all these youngsters if he was planning to leave? hes gonna be here for a long time.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Best signing was Terry Mancini!!! Don't laugh, he may not have been much of a player but everyones favourite Irish/Italian Cockney was vital to us stabalising in the mid 70's.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Me seriously now the best signing.
Wenger for where we will be without him?
Dennis,and Theirry.

Bergyfan

Both Wenger and Bergkamp are men of flair, vision and talent who have inspired others to raise their standards (Vieira, Henry etc.) and in so doing make Arsenal not only a winning combination but a supremely watchable team no matter who you support.

slapz

This is a bit of tricky question as i think there are a few who have genuine claims to being the best ever signing.. going back to the good old Brady days til the current crop like Vieira and thierry

Personally, i'd say Ian Wright or Thierry Henry

Anders Limpar

Sebastian Larsson who has made one reserve game this season, will be huge ;)

...it's impossible to say, all things lead into each other!! But Wenger gets my vote in recent times!

beaney

excluding Wenger: so players.

ian wright thierry henry patrick vieria

well in the last 20 years anyway.

Adams wasnt signed, otherwise he would have to be up there as one of the greatest ever players.
my history isnt too great so dont know much about pre late 70's!

beaney

ExiledInNewcastle said:
Slapz - with hindsight much as I love him Wright was probably one of the worst ever signings in Arsenals history.

exiled, why do you say this?

surely he was one of our greatest ever players?

highest goal scorer, loved by everyone, won us lots of games, how can he be one of the worst signings?

or are you talking about richard wright? in that case i agree totally and whole heartedly!

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom