• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Hire Headhunting Company To Recruit Scouts

GDeep™

League is very weak
Had enough of this, tbh.

I said this ages ago, how terrible it is that we keep changing everything all the time behind the scenes...and again, you told me to shut up, and no one wants to read stuff like this.

You are a ****ing war criminal :lol:
Maybe you said it in a boring way.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Have they sucked? How many A class players did Arsène say we "almost" signed but didn't for one reason or other? How many? I honestly can't remember but I'm sure someone here will pipe up with some names. Who do you think brought those names to Arsène?

Scouts can only recommend a list of eligibles, it's the club who signs based on soooo many reasons. How you can dismiss an entire department as sucks, I can not fathom.

Even if the head scout sucked. Was there no one of worth amongst the 9 sacked? Really? Do you really think Arsène would have tolerated and entire department of incompetents?

And FYI, to my recollection our recruitment started going wrong once we started depending on StatDNA (thanks Kroenke) more than the scouts.

Well if the scouts were so good they wouldn't have got overlooked or replaced, and as I said last time the news broke about them being sacked their jobs seem redundant anyway if Wenger/Ivan was picking their own players.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
But it's not been that long to see if this stuff will work out though, we just have to hope it will benefit us. I don't like the direction the club is going in, but replacing the scouts isn't that big of a deal imo because I didn't think they were doing a good job anyway.

But you have no way to know that. You're basing your opinion off our recruitment, which is a different thing. I'm not saying those old scouts were untouchable, maybe it was time to replace some of them. But it wasn't a planned upgrade, it was a drastic reduction followed by a U-turn. The club clearly isn't being run at all well.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Who at Arsenal would even hire the scouts anyway...Edu, Josh, Vinai!?

Yeah...I would honestly prefer a random headhunting company to get them for us, tbh :lol:

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

If a football club is unable to identify the scouts they want and hire a headhunting company - that's just very incompetent and doesn't seem like good change.

I'm not saying they'll pick the right people. My whole debate is that people talk about how good our scouting/recruitment has been but it really wasn't that good. Replacing them isn't a big issue.

Also I think hiring people dedicated to finding the best people for the club isn't a bad idea. For all we know the same people hired have the same scouts in kind that you do. 😉

Papa Wonga

Established Member

Yeah...I would honestly prefer a random headhunting company to get them for us, tbh :lol:
Maybe they have an end of season party and see who goes wild, put them lot on scouting duties.

But yeah, a agency is much better then Vinai or josh lmao.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i really don't know any of our scouts when wenger was here apart from Cagigao the other staff were like just useless we had scout called grimandi got us nobody from french golden generation apart from Kosh. hopefully this move will get more competitive scouts with more modern eye of scouting.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

But you have no way to know that. You're basing your opinion off our recruitment, which is a different thing. I'm not saying those old scouts were untouchable, maybe it was time to replace some of them. But it wasn't a planned upgrade, it was a drastic reduction followed by a U-turn. The club clearly isn't being run at all well.

I don't look at it like a U-turn at all, wasn't all the reports at the time saying it was going to be an overhaul?

Papa Wonga

Established Member
This club needs a new scouting dept with someone in the ilk of Campos or Monchi running it.

What's the point in hiring scouts who then go and give info to edu who does nothing.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Well if the scouts were so good they wouldn't have got overlooked or replaced, and as I said last time the news broke about them being sacked their jobs seem redundant anyway if Wenger/Ivan was picking their own players.

They got overlooked and replaced because the Kroenkes had interest in StatDNA and wanted to bring "Money Ball" to european football (chance for profit) and Arsenal was their guinea pig.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The scouts didn't recommend Mustafi! The stats company recommended him, the scouts warned against it!
In fairness Mustafi was a late window buy due to Mertesacker's injury in pre-season. Without that he wouldn't have been signed. At the time most thought it was a good signing in the circumstances.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Because of the position we're in, nearly every big move looks stupid from the club that has an element of risk to it.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
They got overlooked and replaced because the Kroenkes had interest in StatDNA and wanted to bring "Money Ball" to european football (chance for profit) and Arsenal was their guinea pig.
Gazidis was the one that brought StatDNA to the club

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Yep. They'll be doing the interviewing, and the first question will be: "How good is your relationship with agents"?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i trust more company hiring scouts that Edu and Vinai. edu will go with people he knows and Vinai i doubt he know any scouts so yeah leave it to Company it's working well with liverpool to be fair

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 27

Arsenal are considering a loan move for Barcelona striker Victor Roque [Sport]

Wolves, Aston Villa, Everton and Crystal Palace are in the race to sign Emile Smith Rowe [TeamTalk]

Fabio Vieira could leave the club if the club receives a “good proposal” [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal, Man Utd and PSG are the favourites to land 18 year old attacker Désiré Doué. Rennes want €40m after turning down half that from Leverkusen in January. [RMC]

Newcastle’s interest in Aaron Ramsdale has cooled as they view the £30m asking price as too high [Craig Hope - Daily Mail]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom