• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal on FFP Watchlist

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I saw our financials summarised on Swiss Ramble yesterday, we definitely have been spending big amounts over the last bit, with little revenue.

All things considered though, we are still ok, because of the special Covid conditions provided for. But we need to start balancing the books again.

So from a transfer point of view, I think this is the last heavy spending summer for us. We probably will do one or two signings max from here on out IMO.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
FFP is a load of bollocks anyway, imagine coming up with "fair play" rules that are intrinsically designed to reinforce the existing power bases and then calling it fair :lol: what a bunch of Orwellian BS

A much better way to do it (if you actually want financial fair play) would be to introduce a simpler and more transparent salary cap/transfer cap, but they won't do it for obvious reasons.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I saw our financials summarised on Swiss Ramble yesterday, we definitely have been spending big amounts over the last bit, with little revenue.

All things considered though, we are still ok, because of the special Covid conditions provided for. But we need to start balancing the books again.

So from a transfer point of view, I think this is the last heavy spending summer for us. We probably will do one or two signings max from here on out IMO.
Selling players for fees will be nice.

SA Gunner

Selling players for fees will be nice.

Its coming buddy, dont worry about that.

I like the Edteta jab though :lol:

On the whole, the financial situation for many clubs has been problematic for a while now, exacerbated by Covid. Wenger himself predicted that players would be difficult to move on, and would run down their contracts instead.

There is just too much of a financial imbalance between the PL and the rest of the world at the moment, it is basically a super league.

SA Gunner

Hasn't stopped Liverpool and Chelsea getting decent fees for their players though.

Well you can probably trace why it happens. In Liverpool's case the low wages contributes to more business dealings across Europe. In Chelsea's case I'm not as clear, have my suspicions of course, but prefer not to speak on them.

For us, when you have players like Özil and Kolisinac on massive contracts, you are going to struggle to sell them. Add to that the struggles in the market. They will not take a pay cut either, and thus you have the Mexican standoff type situation IMO.

We have adjusted our wage structure now and combined with matters improving across Europe, we stand a better chance of getting good deals for our players.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Or kroenke could just buy 20 million shirts.
Fair strategy , how else did City overtake Man Utd on commercial revenue if just a few years ,lol
City have been doing good business in terms of selling players for a few years now. They've a huge fortune selling their academy graduates something we seem to be very bad at.
.I get your point about the commercial revenue though.

arghhhh

Guess no more signing till next trasfer window then. We're so terrible in generating revenues other than matchday ticket sales. Vinai screwed up our commercial sponsor deals and got promoted.

D

Deleted member 102404

City have been doing good business in terms of selling players for a few years now. They've a huge fortune selling their academy graduates something we seem to be very bad at.
.I get your point about the commercial revenue though.
Chelsea also do good business at selling players…for remarkable fees.

It’s laundering IMO.

Look at Ferran Torres. Here’s a guy bought for 20m who fails to deliver in the PL, gets dropped and then gets sold for a 30m profit. Nice business.
Seems strange though when at the same time the UAE are doing deals with Barca to have them on a lucrative tour of the country and setting up an ongoing commercial sales operation.
Then later Dubai offering Barca a billion plus loan…
These are cosy little relationships.
It’s EASY to say to a club, you give me £60m for player x (who’s really worth £10m) and we’ll drop 50m back to you via one of our other enterprises…. As long as you have the relationships set up .

Voila . Books balanced
If City had bought Pepe for £72m, no doubt they’d be selling him for £80m.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Or kroenke could just buy 20 million shirts.
Fair strategy , how else did City overtake Man Utd on commercial revenue in just a few years ,lol

I'd say winning games and being more likeable (read: less unlikeable) definitely contributes :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
BNJR.gif

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Chelsea also do good business at selling players…for remarkable fees.

It’s laundering IMO.

Look at Ferran Torres. Here’s a guy bought for 20m who fails to deliver in the PL, gets dropped and then gets sold for a 30m profit. Nice business.
Seems strange though when at the same time the UAE are doing deals with Barca to have them on a lucrative tour of the country and setting up an ongoing commercial sales operation.
Then later Dubai offering Barca a billion plus loan…
These are cosy little relationships.
It’s EASY to say to a club, you give me £60m for player x (who’s really worth £10m) and we’ll drop 50m back to you via one of our other enterprises…. As long as you have the relationships set up .

Voila . Books balanced
If City had bought Pepe for £72m, no doubt they’d be selling him for £80m.
Wtf are you on about?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Long thread for those interested:

The tl:dr however:

#AFC have also needed to eat into their cash balance, which has fallen significantly from the £231m peak in 2018 to only £19m in 2021, though this was impacted by COVID and delayed season ticket renewals. Now firmly in the bottom half of the Premier League.

1661245907308.png1661245922801.png

#AFC have had to show some fancy footwork off the pitch to remain competitive during their extended Champions League absence, especially after being hit particularly hard by COVID, but they would appear to have just about managed to do so while still complying with FFP rules.

Unless I have read that incorrectly though, looks like all those cash reserves that has been built up over the Emirates years has now been more or less spent. @Makingtrax Discuss.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I mean it’s fairly logical, when you consider the club is incapable of recouping fees for any players. We don’t earn any money from sales.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom