• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Blackburn | EPL | 14/03/09 3pm

Feet

150px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png
v
150px-Blackburn_crest.png

Back to the league and chasing down the 3 point gap.

I've created this thread as this Saturday I shall be making my way to the Emirates for the first time to watch the match. T'is a birthday present for me from earlier this week, and I am terribly excited.

Hoping we return to a more adventurous line-up than we played against Roma too. We missed the intelligence and creativity of Arsharvin and Vela in Rome.

Feet

Yeah that would probably work as adventurous! :p I've never been convinced of Nasri's value being played on the left though, I'd rather swap Walcott and him over, Walcott's speed will trouble any fullback, left or right, inside or out. I guess Nasri is more two footed than Walcott though...

I think Denilson will still be picked in the middle too, despite being completely off the pace last night.

sabret00the

Established Member
Everyone that played in Rome deserves to be dropped. However the fact that we'll go out there with Shavva playing on his lonesome makes me happy.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Almunia
Sagna
Toure
Djourou
Clichy
Nasri
Denilson
Diaby
Arshavin
RVP
Eduardo

3-0 for us.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Hopefully our players will come out this match with no injury's or painfull legs, I dont like it at all that we will meet a Sam Allardyce team at all..

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think we'll definitely see RvP and Bendtner playing.. Eddy will come off the bench... Nasri & Arshavin will start and Theo will come off the bench... not sure about Vela though...

predicted lineup (barring unforeseen injuries):

Manny

Sagna
Toure
Gallas
Clichy

Arshavin
Song
Diaby
Nasri (he might switch sides with AA though)

Bendtner
RvP

JazzG

Established Member
Going to be a tough match, Fat Sam will have his players fired up and they are going to make this match physically very tough. That will be a huge disadvantage because we have just had a gruelling 120min away match so a lot of our players come the 2nd half are going to find it tough to play at a high tempo. Even after normal European matches you can see tiredness creeping in after around 70 mins so it will be worse come Saturday. I'm confident we will do enough but it is going to be gruelling match.

This could be Arshavin's real moment to arrive as an Arsenal player, apart from him there are going to be players who come the 2nd half are going to have heavy legs and he has to make the difference for us.

KY

Established Member
USArsenal said:
i think we'll definitely see RvP and Bendtner playing.. Eddy will come off the bench... Nasri & Arshavin will start and Theo will come off the bench... not sure about Vela though...

predicted lineup (barring unforeseen injuries):

Manny

Sagna
Touré
Gallas
Clichy

Arshavin
Song
Diaby
Nasri (he might switch sides with AA though)

Bendtner
RvP

I think Denilson might partner Song. Diaby's played quite a fair bit in the last week. 190 minutes in the space of 4 days.

JazzG

Established Member
Well he is going to have to play again, I don't ever want to see Denilson and Song partnered again....

beck

Established Member
my anoraks on fire, now here this.
rvp has scored 8 goals in 438 mins v blackburn.
that is a goal every 55mins[just under]
he has now gone 76 mins without one so by my reckoning he is due one straight away, one in the 34th minute and a hat trick in the 89th.
and he has maintained the status quo. if he fails to fulfill said mission he should be sold forthwith.
await with relish.
rvp hero/slash zero comments from keyboard wizards.

Feet

I would pick\play,

Al
Sagna Gallas Toure Gibbs
Diaby Denilson
Arsharvin Nasri Vela
Eduardo

Wenger will probably pick,

Al
Sagna Gallas Toure Clichy
Arsharvin Diaby Denilson Nasri
RvP Bendtner

sabret00the

Established Member
Song is the biggest player we have in the squad, there's no way he's gonna be left out of such a physical matchup. I reckon Wenger will go for Diaby and Song in the middle.

progman07

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Almunia

Sagna - Touré - Gallas - Clichy

Walcott - Denilson - Diaby - Arshavin

van Persie - Eduardo

3-0.
Wanted to post the same lineup but then I saw yours. Maybe put in Djourou but otherwise it's exactly what I want. We need to win, no more *****ing around by Nasri, we need speed and directness from the wingers.

qs

Established Member
--------- Almunia ----------

Sagna --- Toure -- Djourou --- Clichy

-------- Song --- Denilson --------

Walcott ----- Arshavin ------ Vela

---------- Eduardo ---------------

Thats how I'd like to see us line up. Get as many fresh legs as possible in there after such a gruelling 120 minutes last night.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom