• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Bolton Match Ratings

progman07

Established Member
Captain said:
lol.

I thought that Arshavin toiled but was generally poor today.
He had lots of poor passes, but got into the game after a while, and his movement is always dangerous. Scored a goal and almost another. He can definitely do better, though.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Almunia 6

Sagna 5
Gallas 5
Vermaelen 6
Clichy 5

Denilson 4
Diaby 6
Fabregas 7

Arshavin 7
Rosicky 7
Eduardo 6

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
progman07 said:
Captain said:
lol.

I thought that Arshavin toiled but was generally poor today.
He had lots of poor passes, but got into the game after a while, and his movement is always dangerous. Scored a goal and almost another. He can definitely do better, though.
Arshavin has a very high risk style of play. Sometimes it comes out sometimes it doesn't.

IMO he did well today.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
Almunia 6

Sagna 5
Gallas 5
Vermaelen 6
Clichy 5

Denilson 4
Diaby 6
Fabregas 7

Arshavin 7
Rosicky 7
Eduardo 6
I think that's fair. I'd give Denilson a 4 for the first half and a 6 for the second one, so 5 seems appriopriate for him. Otherwise it seems about right.

DOUBLE-YOU

Almunia 6

Sagna 6 (Defended well enough, but wasn't his best game going forward)
Gallas 6 (He had drive going forward, but he couldn't cope with Davies)
Vermaelen 6 (Scored a really good goal, but he too couldn't cope with Davies)
Clichy 5 (Lacked match fitness)

Denilson 5 (made a few good tackles but was sloppy with many passes and his role in the penalty. had a better 2nd half)
Diaby 7 (worked very hard defensively. i still think we see the best of him when cesc is out)
Fabregas 8 (again he's our heartbeat ba bump ba bump)

Arshavin 7 (He is slowly getting back to his best. He needs to stay left and not play in the middle)
Rosicky 7 (He is starting to regain his form and make an inmpact on games. Very important goal. In the second half he seemed to have a running joke with Arshavin. Be interested to know what they were laughing about)
Eduardo 6 (Still not himself. Uncharacteristically missing good chances and his hold up play could be better, but he is still a nuisance with his movement)

banduan

Established Member
Almunia 6

Sagna 5
Gallas 5
Vermaelen 5
Clichy 5
Denilson 4
Fabregas 7
Diaby 6
Rosicky 7
Eduardo 6
Arshavin 6

Eastmond 6
Vela 5
Theo n/a

The Sleeper

Almunia 6
Sagna 6
Clichy 6
Gallas 6
Vermaelen 8
Denilson 5.5 (4 in first half, 7 in second half when Eastmond came in as DM and he moved to his regular position)
Diaby 6
Fabregas 9.5
Rosicky 8
Arshavin 7.5 (if he hadn't scored I'd give him less, some things I didn't like about him today)
Eduardo 7.5 (didn't score but I liked him, and he worked hard)

Team character/spirit by end of match today = 10

Gurgen

Established Member
Almunia 6
Sagna 7
Gallas 7
Vermaelen 7
Clichy 5
Denilson 4
Diaby 5
Cesc 8
Rosicky 5
Arshavin 5
Eduardo 6

fabo

6.51 / 10
Almunia...5

Sagna...5
Gallas...5
TV...5
Clichy...5

Denilson...5
Diaby...5
Fabregas...8

Rosicky...7
Eduardo...5
Arshavin...7

fabo

6.51 / 10
Any reason Diaby gets a higher rating than Denilson??

I thought both were average but think bias is sneaking in here. Denilson was average defensively but made many good forward passes....put Cesc in one-v-one and had a hand in the 4th goal(similar to Diaby contributing to our first at Bolton only Denilson actually completed his pass, yet Diaby gets credit). The penalty was poor play tbf. Diaby offered little all game. Got caught dwelling on it numerous time only to respond by giving a free-kick away. How Denilson gets a 4 and Diaby a 6 I'll never know.

Gurgen

Established Member
Denilson was directly responsible for a goal conceded. Diaby did his best too but didn't quite get there.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Denilson was utterly poor in the first half while Diaby played well in the time before he got injured. Diaby also defended every single setpiece well and challenged for everyball aerially winning all of them while Denilson... Hmmm.

Improved in the 2nd half though when Diaby setback and he pushed forward

James

Established Member
Almunia 6
Sagna 6
Gallas 6
Vermaelen 7
Clichy 5
Denilson 5
Diaby 6
Fabregas 8
Rosicky 7
Arshavin 7
Eduardo 6

True Gooner

Established Member
Re watched the match (cheers ricky):

Almunia - 6

Sagna - 6 - Played okay, didn't really have much coming down his side
Gallas - 5 - Humiliated by Kevin Davies
Vermaelen - 6 - Same as Gallas + 1 for the goal
Clichy - 5

Denilson - 5 - 4 in the first half, 6 in the second half. Improved when he moved up
Diaby - 6 - On the ball he was poor but his discipline and concentration has come a long way. He was our only player who could compete with Bolton in the air. Won the ball in the air for our third goal as well. Can't tackle to save his life though.
Fabregas - 9 - Astonishing. The drive, the determination, the raw ability. It's frightening at times.

Rosicky - 8 - Looking back, he was almost as involved as Fabregas. won the ball deep, played the ball around, ran through the middle. His ball won the corner for our third goal. Yup, he was very, very good. Faded towards the end but I suspect Wenger would have preferred to sub him earlier. Looked very, very sharp.
Arshavin - 7 - Good.
Eduardo - 6 - His off the ball movement was top, top quality but on the ball he was a mess. He's getting there but the question is, will he be ready in time for next week? I think a couple of good performances and he'll burst into life.

asajoseph

Established Member
I'd mostly agree with that TG.

Only extra comments I'd have are as follows:

Almunia - been a lot more assured from crosses in recent games, including this one. His kicking remains crap, but an improvement in the air, and his save from the FK would bump him up to a 7 for me.

Diaby - Put in one or two exceptional tackles tracking back. Overall, I see where you're coming from on the 'tackling' comment, but his workrate coming back has improved beyond measure recently.

Rosicky - thought he was pretty poor for basically the first half hour, trying to be too clever. Improved massively after that though, and played very well afterwards.

True Gooner

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Diaby - Put in one or two exceptional tackles tracking back. Overall, I see where you're coming from on the 'tackling' comment, but his workrate coming back has improved beyond measure recently.

Yeah, I don't disagree with that. It's just that once he gets beaten in midfield he doesn't really have the nous or the composure to win the ball back and almost always concedes a free kick. Anyway, he's got to continue playing like this if he wants to cement a regular role.

Rosicky - thought he was pretty poor for basically the first half hour, trying to be too clever. Improved massively after that though, and played very well afterwards.

I think they were all dreadful in the opening 30 minutes, with the obvious exception of Fabregas. What I like about Rosicky is that as soon as he gets the ball you just know the game is going to pick up - whether he's in the defensive third or the final third. He worked very hard off the ball as well - I think he was deeper than Fabregas and Arshavin for most of the game.

MAK 14

Established Member
Almunia 6
Sagna 6
Gallas 6.5
Vermaelen 7
Clichy 5
Denilson 5
Diaby 6
Fabregas 8
Rosicky 7
Arshavin 6
Eduardo 6

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom