• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Burnley Match Ratings

kel varnsen

Established Member
Almunia 5

Eboue 7
Vermaelen 6
Silvstre 3
Clichy 6

Denilson 6
Fabregas 6 Diaby 6
Nasri 7

Rosicky 6
Bendtner 4
Walcott 8

ricky1985

Established Member
Almunia - 6. Nothing to do really, although still had a shaky moment.

Eboue - 8. Unplayable going forward in the first half, and the cross he fed low across the box for Bendtner was truly awesome.

Vermaelen - 8. Won everything, and had to deal with Silvestre's unpredictability alongside him.

Silvestre - 5. A liability.

Clichy - 6. Not quite the performance I was looking for after his watershed moment at Stoke last week, but he was solid enough.

Denilson - 5. Two very good through balls for Walcott and Eduardo, but was bypassed with ridiculous ease way too many times in midfield.

Fabregas - 7. Buzzing around excellently whilst he was on, and took his goal really well. Hope he's not injured.

Nasri - 9. He's got to be played central more often, absolutely outstanding. Tackled, chased, pressurised, passed fantastically, drove with the ball through the midfield, and that beautiful chip through to Cesc.

Walcott - 9. The real Theo Walcott turned up yesterday. He showed he has the technical ability to cross the ball in any way he likes, showed he can consistently pick the right pass when he's not nervous and panicky, showed he has the ability to link with team mates with some quick-thinking, showed great technique with his left foot to pass the ball beyond Jensen. All in all a great day for Theo, now keep it up!

Rosicky - 7. Impossible to get the ball from him when he plays like that, such close control and a burst of speed. He was a big part of our quick, easy-on-eye football yesterday.

Bendtner - 6. Good all-round performance, but woeful finishing. Glad the fans didn't get on his back, he'll be eager to make amends.

Subs

Diaby - 7. Thought he looked outstanding. Won a lot of tackles, drove forward to great effect, and played some lovely little passes.

Arshavin - 6. Took his goal well, not much else.

Eduardo - 5. Should have scored really. Still not himself.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Ricky. What do you think of Eboue vs Sagna?
<a class="postlink-local" href="https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64981&start=360" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64981&start=360</a>

Which might I add is the type of squad depth we've all been yearning for. The backup players going into this season was the best we've ever had under Wenger's command.

dutchMasta

outlaw_member said:
Hah, I see it in the complete opposite the manner. Personally, the end has never and should never justify the means. A player could be average but score the winning goal but I wouldn't rate him higher than a player who performed very good but failed to convert any of his chances. Scoring a goal takes three seconds, performing throughout the entire match takes 90 minutes.
The end should somewhat justify the means, ESPECIALLY for a striker who's main job is to score goals. You work hard to get those chances, it will all mean nothing if you don't take them. There is a certain conversion rate that's acceptable, like missing 1-2 clearcut chances, but when it gets to 3, 4, 5, the more you miss, the more it'll take away from your performance.

Not only that, missing them in the manner he did was what really took away points for me. Being too slow, blasting over/wide, etc. is different from hitting it on target and the keeper pulling off a good save or a defender putting in a world class block. It was his own inability to finish rather than forcing the opposition to step up. You can't just ignore that when rating him.

illmatik

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
Almunia 5

Eboue 7
Vermaelen 6
Silvstre 3
Clichy 6

Denilson 6
Fabregas 6 Diaby 6
Nasri 7

Rosicky 6
Bendtner 4
Walcott 8

Question...why do you generally give considerably lower ratings

banduan

Established Member
Bendy's misses are inexcusable. We had enough with Ade's clangers before. But his contribution to our attack was highlighted so greatly when he got taken off. Now, you could say that this is because the subs were just as awful, but I don't see them being rated low either.

dutchMasta

banduan said:
Bendy's misses are inexcusable. We had enough with Ade's clangers before. But his contribution to our attack was highlighted so greatly when he got taken off. Now, you could say that this is because the subs were just as awful, but I don't see them being rated low either.
We still created 2-3 chances after Bendtner left and scored 1. And 20 mins rarely gives you enough time to affect ratings that much, unless you're Cesc. Anyway, our attack without Bendtner or RVP up front generally looks ****.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough
Top Bottom