• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v. Celtic, Emirates Cup, Sun 1st Aug 16:20

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Tomorrow would be our second game...

Celtic drew 2-2 with Lyon...

I hope Chesney will be 9featured in this game.....

Kain

Established Member
Will certainly be interesting to see who starts, some of our players have been worked really hard in the preseason and played extensively, whilst others have been rested heavily.

Djourou will probabaly get a start, Song, Denilson & Diaby have played very 9few games not sure if any are injured or just sitting out. Would like to see JET get a chance in an Emirates cup game, preferably in the 9final third mirroring Chamakh's performance against AC as the holding/link up player.

True Gooner

Established Member
Should be an enjoyable game. I doubt Celtic will put up much of a fight given that they have far bigger fish to fry midweek...

Nela

Established Member
Song, Diaby and Denilson are injured.

I expect to se Djourou, Eastmond and JET starting. Probably Theo and Vela as well. But I wonder who that started today will also start tomorrow.

And it will be really interesting to see who gets to play in goal.

qs

Established Member
Nela said:
But I wonder who that started today will also start tomorrow.

Players that played 45 mins or less I suppose. So Gibbs, Clichy, Eboue, Sagna, Rosicky, Theo, Vela, etc

I'm most interested to see who partners Djourou at centre half. Most likely Nordveit.

otfgoon

Established Member
Goalkeeping with also be interesting, if there is no Almunia then it's definitely the end for him.

Timleaf

Established Member
I've got tickets for this. Hope to see Jacky boy, Nasri and Kos. Probably wont get to see any of them.

Godsend_Gooner

Thump the Bhoys.

If we by some chance screw this up I am never posting in a matchday thread until the match is finished. :|

qs

Established Member
You want to see Vermaelen, Kos and Nasri play 180 mins in 2 days? Thats just asking for trouble.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I meant I wanna see them start the game. I reckon they'll get subbed off at half-time.

Also, I didn't realise the game was tomorrow.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Personally, i hope Manny stays and it's phlappyhandski(the * thing has really ruined that)that is the one to go.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
rich 1990 said:
Personally, i hope Manny stays and it's phlappyhandski(the * thing has really ruined that)that is the one to go.
That's what I want (or wanted too), but it looks more and more like we are not getting in a new 'keeper. And that scares me.

He said he's going to play his top team as much as fatigue and injuries allow.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Wenger said Al is playing tomorrow. Great, just great.
I really hope not. Until we sign a new keeper I'd just give as much playing time as possible to Szczesny instead. He's the only one of the bunch who has a future here as a starter.

otfgoon

Established Member
This whole rotating keepers thing just seems daft to me. Regardless of whether or not we buy a keeper, you would want to know who you're no.1/2 is going into the season.

Nela

Established Member
So our midfield three will be Eastmond, Rosicky(can Wenger risk it?) and who, Lansbury?

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom