• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Chelsea | 10/5/09 | 16:00

GaelForce22

Established Member
images
V
images

Like it or not we've got to move on and finish this season. Who knows, we could even get all the way to 3rd!

Good news it that we'll get to see Arshavin play, apart from that not sure what sort of team Wenger will pick. I think he'll play yesterday's team with Theo and Gibbs out to prove a point, that said Bendtner probably deserves a start in place of Adebayor.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Re: Arsenal v ChelseaI I 10/5/09 I 16:00

Oh god. I feel sick.

Edit: I should quantify that. Not that I am afraid of these 3rd tablers, but that is is so soon after THAT game.

progman07

Established Member

I'm interested to be honest. I'm already quite over the CL trauma, not sure if that's good or bad. I'm just waiting for the summer to see new faces (hopefully we start making steps towards improving this team).

Also, watching Arshavin is more interesting than watching the others together. Has he got a song yet?

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Not sure if Bendtner's going to get a start or whether Wenger will discipline him.

Vela I'd like to see. Denilson I'd like to see. I don't think Wenger will ring in too many changes since, like it or not, this game has potential meaning beyond it's just being good to beat the Chavs.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice

AnthonyG said:
Not sure if Bendtner's going to get a start or whether Wenger will discipline him.

Vela I'd like to see. Denilson I'd like to see. I don't think Wenger will ring in too many changes since, like it or not, this game has potential meaning beyond it's just being good to beat the Chavs.

Why will he discipline Bendtner?

Zico

Established Member

The importance of this game will be determined by today's result. If Chelsea beat Barcelona, they will not give a toss about this game. If they lose, then Hiddink will want them to bounce back against us. If it's the former, field the kids as the game wont' matter. If it's the latter, **** it, field the kids anyway as they have something to prove.

TomasCR

Established Member

Was going to try to think up a line-up but it´s not possible really. Thought that Vela, Ramsey and Bendtner could get a start but it´s hard to predict who is going to be "rested".

But I´m with Anthony on this one. It´s not like losing this game by a larger goal difference would be any good for us no matter how important the game is. I feel Ramsey could really get a chance there though. Denilson and Bendtner will play too it seems.

I´ll just wait until Friday, Arsène will give us a clue.

ultradoc

Established Member

This won't be as bad. Arshavin will be back and the kids will have a go to figure. We'll do well. It was just a lack of one senior figure that laid everyone so low in the ManU game. Everyone just seemed dormant. New players will come in? merida?

Muharraqawi

This game is more important than some people think, it's crucial that we keep our unbeaten record going because if we finish the remaining games without defeat it could really be a psychological boost for next season, the players would think that they have what it takes to continue it and will fight harder than ever to keep it.

Proof

Established Member

Maybe, Wenger won't play Arshavin from the start because of Chelsea's strong midfield :lol:

My line-up:

--------------- Almunia ----------------
---- Sagna ---- Toure ---- Djourou ---- Gibbs ----
---- Nasri ---- Fabregas ---- Diaby ---- Arshavin ---
------------- Van Persie ------- Bendtner ----------

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Re: Arsenal v Chelsea II 10/5/09 I 16:00

why wouldnt he play Arshavin? that's all Arshavin has to play for is the PL.. let him get bigger-game experience NOW, so he's ready for them next season, where our games might possibly have some meaning..

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

1970*Gooner said:
Why will he discipline Bendtner?
I don't think or will or should, but, in particular, because of the photos etc.

progman07

Established Member

USArsenal said:
why wouldnt he play Arshavin? that's all Arshavin has to play for is the PL.. let him get bigger-game experience NOW, so he's ready for them next season, where our games might possibly have some meaning..
Yeah and the FA Cup semi before. Oh wait he didn't play there because Diaby is Wenger's favourite.

Unforgiven

Established Member

I was actually going to get tickets for this match but it is now fully booked, glad I did not go.

ibby

Established Member

Best Keeper in the League
Best Right Back in League - Toure - Djourou - Better Left Back than Evra
Next Thierry Henry - Best Midfielder in the World - Young Player of the Year - Second Best Player in the World
Next Bergkamp - Gonna be one of the best strikers in the World (by his own admission).

That's my team.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom