• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Chelsea - Nov. 29 Sun - 16:00 GMT

Anzac

Established Member
This game won't define or determine our PL season - AW's reaction, the Jan window & the games during the ACN are more likely to be determining.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Chelsea aren't anything special away from home.

Attack with some balls and press them in midfield. They'll hoof balls long as usual but if we can't deal with that we have no right to be challenging for leagues.

Gallas and Vermaelen should be shown DVD's of every one of Drogba's matches against United since he's been at Chelsea. Guy gets marked out of it. Even without Rio and Vidic a few weeks ago Drogba got steamrolled by Johnny Evans. Just need to be aggressive in the air.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Anzac said:
This game won't define or determine our PL season - AW's reaction, the Jan window & the games during the ACN are more likely to be determining.

It won't determine whether we win the League but we are out of the race if we lose.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
If we lose it will be our mistakes not their class that will be the factor.

I think we will get a 1-1 type bore snore.

otfgoon

Established Member
alboots101 said:
fk me defeatist talk in here today.

lets smash these cocky c**nts..we`re at home, not that i`m forgetting last seasons abboration but we had very little to play for, this season we got every thing to play for.

What he said.

The Gambler

fabo said:

Attack with some balls and press them in midfield. They'll hoof balls long as usual but if we can't deal with that we have no right to be challenging for leagues.

Gallas and Vermaelen should be shown DVD's of every one of Drogba's matches against United since he's been at Chelsea. Guy gets marked out of it. Even without Rio and Vidic a few weeks ago Drogba got steamrolled by Johnny Evans. Just need to be aggressive in the air.

Which is what the **** did. We competed for the second ball really well that day - that's the key for me if Chelsea go long ball. Also, as a team, Gallas and Vermaelen were savvy in the way they handled Crouch.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
We should get this one wrapped up in the first half and then save ourselves for Stoke in the following league game :wink:

qs

Established Member
I suppose this is the first real test of Chelseas title credentials too.

fabo

6.51 / 10
The Gambler said:
fabo said:

Which is what the **** did. We competed for the second ball really well that day - that's the key for me if Chelsea go long ball. Also, as a team, Gallas and Vermaelen were savvy in the way they handled Crouch.

I agree on Vermaelen. But Crouch switched to Gallas later in that game and was getting on top of him easily enough. The two CB's need to be on top of their game against Drogba and Anelka. Actually I'd fear Anelka more than Drogba, the guy can pop up anywhere across the frontline so is pretty dangerous.

Think it will be tough and do feel we are gone unless we win but Chelsea are no great shakes.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
qs said:
I suppose this is the first real test of Chelseas title credentials too.

QFT. We've had much harder games than them so far in the league, and we get most of them out the way this year early in the season. A win against Chelsea and we'll be right up there. Even a draw or a loss doesn't dump us out of anything, as it's still possible to get a points total that could win the league.

kel varnsen

Established Member
as long as gallas is fit, we'll do fine. a win or a draw i reckon. the big question is who'll start at left back, in central midfield and at right wing.

i think i'd like to see:
almunia
eboue-gallas-vermaelen-sagna
rosicky-cesc-song-nasri-arshavin
eduardo

but i wouldn't be surprised to see denilson start the match, with nasri at right wing.

Accomplished

Established Member
They really aren't THAT strong. It's not as if they've won every single game 5-0. The only reason they might run away with the league is because the weakness of Man U this season, and our inability to capitalise on our quality. This chelsea team are good, but it's not like they're the best PL team that's been around for the last 5 years.

I just don't get why so many people are like "woah...chelsea are unbeatable"...they've been good, but they've hardly been rampant...

fabo

6.51 / 10
Think Denilson is a banker to start this one. Nasri just doesn't give us the positional discipline that he does, and that will be crucial against Chelsea.

---------------- Almunia

-- Sagna - Gallas - TV - Traore

------------------ Song
------------ Cesc - Denilson
--Rosicky ------------------ Arshavin
----------------- Eduardo

Think that is a very strong team, although slightly lacking pace in the forward positions. Theo could give us that but I can't see Wenger going with both him and Arshavin in the same team. Traore is a worry but Chelsea don't have much width in their new formation so he should be fine.

Don't think we'll lose but a draw isn't good enough either. I'll say a 2-1 Arsenal win.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Accomplished said:
I just don't get why so many people are like "woah...chelsea are unbeatable"...they've been good, but they've hardly been rampant...

to be fair, they have only scored 3 less goals than us and letting in about half of what we do..

they are certainly not unbeatable, but they have clearly been the best in the league so far, which is why they sit 8 points ahead of us (granted, we have a game in hand)

being at the Emirates gives us a realistic chance to win, but I would have been much more comfortable if RvP and either Gibbs or Clichy were available.. our forwards will have a tough time getting past Terry, Alex, Ivanovic, Carvalho, etc. they are big and strong and we will have 3 players up front that are 5'10" or less

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom