• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Liverpool | Carling Cup | 28th Oct 19:45 (H)

Rocafella

Established Member
Re: Arsenal v Liverpool | Carling Cup | 28th Sept 19:45 (H)

Is a mod going to edit this thread title? Otherwise we'll be going back to in time to play this one :wink:

MAK 14

Established Member

I'd like to see this:

Fabianski,
Eboue, Senderos, Silvestre, Gibbs
Nasri, Ramsey, Coquelin
Wilshere, Vela, Traore

With Wilshere, Vela and Traore up front i can't see the old Carragher dealing with their pace. He isn't as convincing as he used to be so if any of those three players get into their stride i can see them making a mockery of the Liverpool defence.

Fever

alonso14 said:
Cavalieri

Degen...Kelly...Skrtel....Aurelio

Babel...Spearing..Aquilani...Riera

Voronin...N'gog

my guess
:shock:

Arsenal to piss all over Liverpool

3-0

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Rocafella said:
Is a mod going to edit this thread title? Otherwise we'll be going back to in time to play this one :wink:
Done.

TG, a "." for an opening post and you can't even manage the date ... :wink:

True Gooner

Established Member

AnthonyG said:
Rocafella said:
Done.

TG, a "." for an opening post and you can't even manage the date ... :wink:

I wasn't in the right frame of mind at the time. :(

otfgoon

Established Member

Alfonso said:
Following two poor results I think this game has become a little bit more important now. I know its only the Carling Cup and all that but we need to find some momentum again. Getting knocked out of this tournament will f**k up our preparations for the Sp**s game, as mentally we will be under big pressure again.

I agree, even though the majority of the 1st teamers won't be involved if we lose then I can see the mood getting worse among them squad, certainly among the fans.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
I have a sneaky feeling that Bendtner might start this match. With Rosicky(hopefully) and Eduardo coming back for next game, he surely isn't starting against Sp**s. And Wenger did talk about a mixed team and picking a team that can win.

I believe that Bendtner and Eboue should definitely start this match. A Vela-Wilshere-Bendtner partnership would be great to watch.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

GaelForce22 said:
Klaus Daimler said:
How sure are you, alonso? How many of those players will definitely start? I'm contemplating whether I shall put a few quid on in this game. That team looks beatable even though it's never easy to win at Anfield. I don't like losing money though, which I'm likely to do if Torres and Benayoun turns up on wednesday.
The game's at home Klaus.
:eek:ops: I knew that of course. I even tried to get tickets to it. Chrissake, Klaus. Straighten up.

Anyway, if alonso's team prediction is correct there's no reason to suspect that we don't have the upper hand here.

sabret00the

Established Member
Want Vela, Walcott and Wilshere to lead to the line to be honest, but Wilshere will be forced into midfield and we'll see Bendtner in the front spot.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Want Vela, Walcott and Wilshere to lead to the line to be honest, but Wilshere will be forced into midfield and we'll see Bendtner in the front spot.

That's actually not a bad call. Arsène did say our team would be a 'mix'. I guess Nick is an option. Like you, though, I'd like to see Wilshere in the front 3, along with Vela and prossibly Nasri or Traore (seeing as Theo's injured).

sabret00the

Established Member
When's Walcott due back? I thought it was in time for this? As for Bendtner, normally it'd be a good call, but it's pointless, he'll never play there in the full squad unless we're decimated by injuries.

qs

Established Member

MAK 14 said:
I'd like to see this:

Fabianski,
Nasri, Ramsey, Coquelin
Wilshere, Vela, Traore

With Wilshere, Vela and Traore up front i can't see the old Carragher dealing with their pace. He isn't as convincing as he used to be so if any of those three players get into their stride i can see them making a mockery of the Liverpool defence.

Replace Traore with Bendtner and it'd be exactly the side I want to see.

Nela

Established Member
I both hope and think the team will look like this...

Fabianski
Ramsey, Coqueline, Nasri
Wilshere, Bendtner, Vela

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom