• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Middlesbrough - Saturday March 15, 5.15pm

RC8

Established Member
boroarsenalxe6.png

I did write a lengthy introduction, but I lost it due to an error. I generally copy what I write, but this time I didn't and I paid the consequences.

So instead of trying to re-write all that, I'll just post this, which I found fresh and interesting:

Arsenal history: On this day... March 12

ball_alan2.jpg

Ralph Gaudie grabbed a hat-trick as the Gunners stormed to a Club-record 12-0 victory over Loughborough Town at the Manor Ground

Arsenal made their sixth FA Cup Semi-Final appearance, with Cliff Bastin’s goal clinching a 1-0 win at Manchester City

Alan Ball was captain as England celebrated their 100th international at Wembley by beating World champions West Germany 2-0

Arsenal lost their seventh successive League match, 2-1 to QPR at Loftus Road, the worst sequence in the Club’s history

Thierry Henry scored twice in the Gunners’ 2-1 victory over European Champions Liverpool at Highbury

Mostarac

Established Member
3 points and another drubbing of Middlesbrough again please :wink:. Its essential that we win this match and that our players finally step up and get back on track. Drawing 3 straight matches against more or less mediocre opponents is always disappointing when we are competing for the league title.

Lancelot

Established Member
As far as I'm concerned, your promise has been fulfilled and that can only be seen as a good omen for the upcoming match. ;)

3-0 to the Arsenal with a welcome back hat-trick from the beloved van Persie.

:D

tam1886

Established Member
After the recent league results we've had, I'd very much like to see a scoreline which reduces Cattermole to tears again.

Good thing is we are getting players back now so things are looking more and more positive. I can't decide if I'd rather have RvP straight back in the team, or off the bench again. I can't really judge because I don't know how he feels physically, so I'll have to just trust his and Wenger's judgement.

Eboue back should strengthen the midfield (never thought I'd hear myself say that! :lol:), and hopefully Gallas can continue with Senderos. I have no problems with Bendtner and Adebayor together. Despite them not being the best, I think they are both good enough to make it work.

---------------Almunia

Sagna--Gallas--Senderos--Clichy

Eboue--Fabregas--Flamini--Hleb

----Bendtner(RvP)--Adebayor

Feanor

Established Member
Let's get revenge for our only loss of the season! We really need to inject some confidence into this team in the EPL, let's whoop Middlesburo!

Feanor

Established Member
tam1886 said:
After the recent league results we've had, I'd very much like to see a scoreline which reduces Cattermole to tears again.

Good thing is we are getting players back now so things are looking more and more positive. I can't decide if I'd rather have RvP straight back in the team, or off the bench again. I can't really judge because I don't know how he feels physically, so I'll have to just trust his and Wenger's judgement.

Eboue back should strengthen the midfield (never thought I'd hear myself say that! :lol:), and hopefully Gallas can continue with Senderos. I have no problems with Bendtner and Adebayor together. Despite them not being the best, I think they are both good enough to make it work.

---------------Almunia

Isn't King Kolo back? He played against Wigan, right? Unless AW plays him in Midfield, our backline should finally be back to its original configuration! I think RvP will start, he looked fine against wigan but I wouldn't mind starting him on the bench to be extra, extra careful....except that we're throwing the EPL right now so we can't really think about tomorrow.

EDIT: didn't realize I was typing inside the quote...it's hump day...I'm tired.

Gunner4life09

Another "must win" match for us, I'm actually beginning to loath the phrase as it continues to be attached to every game we play. BUT the reality of it, is that all games from now till the end of the premiership are "must wins" for Arsenal.

In the premiership we are having a "bad spell", "poor run of form", a "slump" what ever is labelled to our recent showing doesn't really matter - we simply just haven't won recently. Whatever its down to, I hope that this weekend it will end, and that we get back to our winning ways.

How we do it, whether its by utterly destroying middlesborough in a goalfest or a last minute OG by their goalkeeper , I really don't care. of course, the former is the preferred outcome.

With battle cries from Flamini and Wenger that echo around the news for "concentration" and "will" from the squad to be displayed in the run in for the title race I hope a much needed win will be produced.

I don't really like commenting on preferred line-ups as I don't really have up-to-date information on injuries and other factors that may affect team selection but I hope to see RVP have another run out, maybe a bit earlier this time but I think starting him would be a bit pre-mature. A start for theo on the right wing however if he is fit would be something I'd like to see. Other than that I think Wenger should stick to Flamini and Cesc in the middle of the park as last week's performance showed that the team gels better with the central that midfield pairing.

COME ON YOU GUNNERS.

Feanor

Established Member
We haven't figured the cause of our slump because I think it is a combination of things: injuries, tiredness (which gets compounded by the injuries because we can't rest players), bad luck, bad pitch, poor decisions (us, referees). I think the players who have been carrying the team are feeling the pressure a little too much right now because as a team we're not firing on all cylinders. I expect the team to rebound as we get players back, as many people have said recently, because of this run of ties, we have put ourselves in a position where every game is a must win until we get some breathing room, which I don't expect us to get with so few games left and Manure and Chelski's current forms.

Lancelot

Established Member
tam1886 said:
I can't decide if I'd rather have RvP straight back in the team, or off the bench again. I can't really judge because I don't know how he feels physically, so I'll have to just trust his and Wenger's judgement.

---------------Almunia

Right-on, Tam.

I'd love to see RvP starting the match only for the sake of first-half goals. We can't afford to let Boro get their momentum going and have the belief that we don't have what it takes to break their defence.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
----------------------------Almunia----------------------------------
Sagna------------Toure--------------Gallas---------------Clichy
Eboue------------Fabregas---------Flamini--------------Hleb
---------------------RVP---------------Adebayor------------------

I read in a paper that Toure is going to start this match, which would be surprising considering Senderos' form. If anything, Wenger might give Gallas a breather and opt for Toure-Senderos. Van Persie should start, and then get subbed off if we have the job done. I'll go for a 2:1 win, with Adebayor and Flamini giving us the 3 pts.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Back at home, thank god. Should be a much better game than the last few prem games. Few lads back, better surface... I'd expect it to be comfortable.

dutchMasta

Same line-up as American_Gooner for me. Close to full-strength and I honestly can't wait to see this match. RVP is the main reason.

I wouldn't mind Senderos playing at all though, he's been doing well.

I feel more confident in getting the 3 points this time. Odds are slowly going against us, and that's when we're best (EPL title-wise, I know we're favs to win this match).

Pádraig

This is three points in the bag. We are superior to them in every way and we will win this game.

I would like to see Eboue (if Walcott isn't available) and van Persie start this game. I'm torn between Toure and Senderos for this one - Toure is probably our best defender where as Senderos has been on a great run of form recently. I just don't know...

stuart

Established Member
^^^ agree, the 3 points are ours. The only matter up for debate is how many we'll put past them.

If we dont win this i will personally post a picture of myself on here. Naked.

Feanor

Established Member
stuart said:
^^^ agree, the 3 points are ours. The only matter up for debate is how many we'll put past them.

So after we see our team lose, we have to see your ugly ass naked? How is that suppose to help ;-). Post the picture on a spuds site or something...

stuart

Established Member
Feanor said:
stuart said:

So after we see our team lose, we have to see your ugly ass naked? How is that suppose to help ;-). Post the picture on a spuds site or something...

Oh no, you wont be seeing my ass :wink:

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom