• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Middlesbrough - Saturday March 15, 5.15pm

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I remember the scene Hleb was shouting at Theo. Maybe Wenger should introduce a meditation session or two in the midweek. I can't imagine how Wenger or any other coaching staff can separate players' bust-up. But with Kolo's calm head and strong hands, any couple in fight must be easily restrained.

Frankly I was looking for a "more technical" reason for the team's drop in form. But this still might partly explain.

AliBabaBrewer

I think what's preventing us from winning the title this season is Sods Law.

In the paper yesterday, I think it said we had something like 6 or 8 shots on target, only managed to get one.
Middlesbrough had 1 shot on target, and scored it.

Stats like this are what's doing us in. The other teams take their chances against Arsenal when they get them.

We seem to squander them thinking that it's alright, because we can make half a dozen more chances.

DC Gunner

Established Member
I personally don't blame the referee, not because I think he was unbiased or competent , but because we did not play a sharp game at all.

The thing that bothered me about the ref was the red card, I still think that had clichy not been hurt, Mido would have gotten a yellow, something Eboue was not afforded against the OT w**kers

Biggus

Established Member
Mido got the red card for three reasons,
Firstly- Clichy appeared seriously injured, and after the Eduardo incident, the ref didn't want to take any chances.
Secondly- Halsey wanted to appease us after his first half f**k ups.
Thirdly- Mido is an ex spud fat c**t. Reason enough.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't buy the talk that Mido's boot being on Clichy's head was a pure accident. Midi knew where Clichy was and he knew he wouldn't get to the ball before Clichy's heading. Yet he still decided full-stretching his leg and trying to be cheeky. Well, a red for him is a just.

Christofaux

Honestly some people are getting paranoid around here. There is no way a footballer would do something like that on purpose. He got a red card and lets face it if he didnt hit clichy he would of got away with it (as in would of been a free kick but no card). the same thing goes with regular tackles. Players can go flying in studs up and get the ball and nothing happens. If he catches the player hes likely to get a yellow. If he misses both he will likely get a warning from the referee that no one else would even know about.

Its easy to see why some people would say a red card is harsh. But it did hit clichy's head. If it had of hit somewhere else a yellow would of been fine.

An example is Diaby's kick at terry. Based one what we saw against middlesbrough Diaby should of been sent and a penalty given.

Biggus

Established Member
Christofaux said:
An example is Diaby's kick at terry. Based one what we saw against middlesbrough Diaby should of been sent and a penalty given.

Big difference Christo- Midos foot was high, Terrys head was lower, both are dangerous play

banduan

Established Member
It was a bloody flying kick. Sure he didn't see Clichy, but he knew Gael was there and he at least deserved a yellow.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Biggus said:
Christofaux said:

Big difference Christo- Midos foot was high, Terrys head was lower, both are dangerous play

Indeed.

You could break someone's foot carrying that lump of melon onto the football pitch.

Diaby was lucky he didn't break his foot again.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom