• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Sp**s (H), League, 31/10, 12.45pm, SS1

ricky1985

Established Member
xcdude24 said:
How did the atmosphere compare to previous north london derbies? My only previous exposure is watching the game on TV, which in my opinion is a crap to way to judge the atmosphere in the ground(hard to hear individual sections singing, etc.). For me it was probably the single most exciting sporting event i've ever attended, and that mostly comes down to the atmosphere.

I've only ever been to 2 Arsenal/Sp**s games. This one and in 2007/08. The atmosphere this time round was 10 times what the atmosphere was 2 years ago, not even close (and the atmosphere was pretty good back then!).

This time though the atmosphere was special, the sense of anticipation, the togetherness all the fans felt, and the collective hate for Tottenham - all intense to say the least. The satdium seemed to sing in one voice at times, and with 60,000 people there, in such a huge stadium, that's quite an achievement!

I want to know how the atmosphere at the start of this game compared to the atmosphere at the start of the United, Champions League semi-final? Surely it can't have been as loud that night.

It would be great if we had a song like Liverpool's that we could sing in unison. It really is special when the whole stadium becomes one.

James

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
I want to know how the atmosphere at the start of this game compared to the atmosphere at the start of the United, Champions League semi-final? Surely it can't have been as loud that night.
Got to say, the atmosphere that night in the build up to the game was THE best atmosphere i've experienced at the Emirates. As a whole though, Saturday was obviously alot better.

Love that video and the silence between Cesc nutmegging King (the point where most of us had only just turned our heads back to the pitch) and him putting it in the onion bag. Seemed to go in slow motion.

Nela

Established Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amS4QkWnyZM
I've watched this clip a few times now, and every time the end puts a huge smile on my face.

The split second of silence betwen the crowd realizing what Fabrega's is doing to him scoring the goal is brilliant.

ETA Nevermind. Just realized that's it's already been posted and I made the same comment as James about the split second silence. :eek:ops: Oh well, can't get enough of it. :)

James

Established Member
Some guy also seemed to know that Fabregas was going to score, before anyone.

"Yeah yeah yeah...fabregas...fabregas"

Burnwinter

Established Member
If you look at Fabregas' goal (fair to say I've watched it ~10 times now) the one thing that's clear is that he's the only person on the pitch with the imagination to see him getting through and scoring it.

From the first moment he gets onto the ball after the miscued/intercepted pass across the halfway line he's planning to put it past Gomes.

Anzac

Established Member
When I got to work Monday there were already posts waiting for me re the game. Best of all one from a Spud supporter who had posted the prediction of them winning by 2 goals that provoked my relegation response = he described us as "taking the p*ss" with them in the 2nd half, and that he was grateful the Eddie didn't have his shooting boots on as the scoreline should have been worse.

vin de guerre

In light of the 3-0 drubbing at the hands of that other team from North London, Robbie Keane's pre-match pronouncements now look more than a little foolish. Although Harry Redknapp has tried to put a brave face on the performance and the result, Sp**s were, frankly, fortunate not to lose by a bigger margin

<a class="postlink" href="http://blogs.soccernet.com/tottenhamhotspur/archives/2009/11/derby_disappointment.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://blogs.soccernet.com/tottenhamhot ... ntment.php</a>

Got to say some spuds have got it spot on!

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Doing the rounds on the web:
29lmyp1.jpg

otfgoon

Established Member
haha, you can't post a pic from your hard drive :mrgreen:

Upload it to photobucket or something first.

Rahul

:eek:ops:...fk me...i pasted the wrong fkn link.Jesus Christ..and i am supossed to be studying computers as my main subject. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom