• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Sp**s - Match Ratings

flobaba

otfgoon said:
I thought Arshavin had a good game yesterday, only thing he lacked was a goal or assist.
I didn't. I thought he was trying to 'force' his game. Also, he was quite selfish about trying to get a goal for himself, and that affected his overall play.

Also,I feel he doesn't have to come back so deep to help with corners. With his pace, and dribbling ability, he should be the one staying put upfront in case an opportunity for a counter attack arises.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Arshavin had a average game. I rewatched the match and actually he was key to our attacks, he ran at the defenders and created space for our other players. Everytime he had the ball, he was marked by 2 or 3 spuds players and it was very difficult for him. Still he manage to wriggle past all of them in a few instances and got his shot away which was blocked

Block10Gooner

Almunia - 6.5 - would've been higher if he can sort his distribution out. He gifted the ball to spuds most times when he hoofed it.

Clichy - 7
Gallas - 7.5
Vermaelen - 8
Sagna - 8.5

Song - 7
Fabregas - 9
Diaby - 3 - not because I don't like him but I cannot give him more than a 1 for the first 60 minutes of the match and a 6 for the last 30 mins. I think a 3 is very generous.

Arshavin - 6.5
Bendtner - 7 - didn't put a f*cking foot wrong so how can people rate him so low? Seriously drop your hate and rate honestly.
RVP - 8

Eduardo - 5.5 - for someone who's apparently our "best finisher" his finishing was atrocious.
Eboue - 6
Rambo - 6

alboots101

Established Member
Block10....may i make a small suggetion...the leniency toward Bendy is spot on i agree 100%..coulda been his best game so far...could you not just show a little towards Diaby.

James

Established Member
Almunia 7

Sagna 7
Gallas 8
Vermaelen 9
Clichy 7

Song 7
Fabregas 8
Diaby 5

Arshavin 6
Bendtner 6 (Eduardo 6)
Van Persie 8

giuliob

Arshavin, I enjoy watching him play most days. He tried very hard yesterday, especially first half, but nobody around him got it. Most of the midfield hadn't woken up yet. He uses those "conniving" little moves, can totally jerk around the opposition, and you never know when he will score. Yesterday wasn't his great performance, but it still has merit. He is an adventure. Great for the Arsenal.

General

Established Member
alboots101 said:
he never looked.

Criminal to say the least. On a zebra crossing he gets hit by a bus. With the way Diaby has been playing, I'm not surprised some want him to see him in his place but the flipside is his own raft of problems he brings to the table. If Nasri or Rosicky don't get fit soon we'll be up sh*ts creek with a Diaby shaped paddle. I'm a fan but this level of mediocrity is not on.

alboots101

Established Member
yep...i have to agree.....me...i never looked either.but he is a 1000 times above that.

he is young though.

Biggus

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
It's pretty easy to overrate your own players at occasions like this, so a bit of perspective won't go amiss here. I believe that the dudes on Glory-Glory had the right general idea about where this game was heading prior to kick-off:
deluded spud said:
Fabregas is at the vanishing point of potential departure,
Well he was right about that- the vanishing point of potential departure from the Sp**s team. :clap

Burnwinter

Established Member
Yes, they appear to have gotten "Cesc is a long way from our first XI" confused with "our first XI is a ****ing long way from Cesc" :lol:

PS 3-0

Zico

Established Member
Sp**s fans are deluded. They need to divert their attention from Fabregas' future to finding ways to stop buy Liverpool rejects and hasbeens. In order for Sp**s to become a top club, they need forego some of that famous depth provided by the Bentleys and Huddlestones of this world and start investing in some top quality players. They must start by getting a quality centre back who doesn't spend half the season on the treatment table.

Burnwinter

Established Member
Good point, actually if they had a player as good as either of Gallas / Vermaelen it might've been more like 1-0 than 3-0.

Burnwinter

Established Member
It doesn't matter really, they are Sp**s, they flit from one idiocy to another like moths butting their ugly furry eyeballs against a red-hot lightbulb. I give Redknapp another season and a half if he's lucky then the next upheaval will take place.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom