• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Steaua Bucharest Player Ratings

giuliob

Lehmann
Sagna
Senderos
Gallas
Traore
Walcott
Denilson
Song
Diaby
Van Persie
Bendtner

Eduardo
Eboue
Diarra

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Lehmann 6
Sagna 6
Senderos 6
Gallas 6
Traore 5
Walcott 6
Denilson 6
Song 6
Diaby 6.5
Van Persie 6.5
Bendtner 6.5

Eduardo 5.5
Eboue 6
Diarra 6

arsmile

Established Member
What I though at half time:

My midpoint musings

1) its all looking good
2) I don’t quite know what’s going on with all this showboating- even jens go tin on it!- I reckon a lot of players have points to prove out there
3) Denilson and song look like a different class to the diarra and glib partnership
4) The best 45 minutes I’ve ever seen from Walcott- particularly from the wing-
5) Good the se diaby back and playing well
6) Great to see vanpersie start- if we could get cesc, flams, hleb back as well for Chelsea……..full strength would be brilliant sight
7) and also bendtner look a lot sharper than ade has of late- a good looking partnership
8) this reminded me that I still am quite fond of lehmann, despite how often I say al’s better…..he’ll hope to get a few shoots at him
9) finally- god bless 442- may you never leave us again

What I’m thinking now

Lehmann-5.5- I really respect the guy, glad he got another outing…was more competent with his feet than we are used to…the goal, well- lehmann would’ve saved that (see what I’m trying to say!!!?)- that is the kind of shot people throw blame at al for not saving, claiming how sure they are that lehmann would have saved it, to show my biaslessness (I made up that word)- I don’t think it was his fault….

Sagna-7- yep did what he was supposed to at the back, and supported well up front

Gallas-5.5- you could see in our mentality that we miss him more than toure, but was muscled off the ball for their goal- has to take some responsibility for that

Senderos-6- I heard he went up to wenger after his last outing and said ‘I wanna play for the reserves a bit before you consider me for the first team again’- he’s a smart guy and knows he needs match practise to be any good, was miles better than last time, hw won some headers and made some tackles and passed the ball to other arsenal players- got a bit lucky lunging forwards 4 yards in an attempt to get an offside- mistime that and we are totally exposed

Traore- 5.5- good going forward, not great positionally defensively, was often too near the CB’s – made a few mistakes but recovered- except…was probably responsible for the goal- should definitely have done better with the header

Walcott-7- probably being a bit generous- the first half was brilliant- the second was more like what we are used to with him, it might be a bit harsh to say he was wasteful, but he had many opportunities, and should really have done better with at least one of them- may be in contention for a start over eboue- I reckon, against Chelsea he just isn’t good enough defensively to be risked there- but you never know

Denilson-7- he does create time for himself on the ball in a very cesc-esque way, has real creative ability as well, looks a better option than glib or even diarra

Song-7- looked ok, looks quite clumsy, but I would take clumsy over apathy and stationary- did everything that he could possibly have done, and also looks to understand the wenger football philosophy in his passing in the way that diarra struggles

Diaby-7.5- performed better than rosicky has of late- I’m not saying he should be preferred in that position, but had drive, skill, made good runs, good passes and scored a great goal- nice to see him back as-well, gives us some much needed creative options

Bendtner-8- won all the headers, made all the passes, scored his only real opportunity- those are, coincidently, the areas that adebayor struggles……brilliantly dangerous, and kept flapping his arms up and down when he didn’t get the ball- looked like he was gonna take off with stroppyness……got to be tapping on ade’s door

Vanpersie- 7.5- I forgot passing like that existed- great, absolutely fantastic to see him back, will be important to us in the next few fixtures- looked surprising sharp in the first half, good to take him off after the hour…

Eduardo-6- a danger to the opposition, didn’t really get involved in much build-up play...it is only a matter of time before we see the best of him- (I hope) (please don’t say there is a curse of the no.9 shirt!)

Eboue-6- did ok, nasty foul on lehmann! - I reckon al might have paid him to take jens out of contention…..important clearance though

Diarra-5- dwells on the ball to much, passing is inconsistent, and long shots that were never gonna come off- are we really that different from Chelsea?-(YES!!!)

We did a good professional good, had fun in the first half, slowed down in the 2nd, a lot of the players want to fight their way into the first 11, this game was always going to be inconsequential for the most-part- we were always likely to win with any team we fielded, the important thing was to put in a positive performance, get vanpersie, and to a lesser extent diaby, through some match practise without injury reoccurrences……but now, it’s forwards to Chelsea…..

sabret00the

Established Member
Lehmann - 6 - Got complacent.
Sagna - 7- Positive performance, but not his usual self.
Senderos - 7- Good solid performance.
Gallas - 6 - Anonymous
Traore - 7 - Defended well and go forward well, was let down by his left wing partner.
Walcott - 7- Good performance despite the finishing
Denilson - 7 - Decent
Song - 7 - Decent
Diaby - 5 - Positioning, Range, Vision and Timing were all off.
Van Persie - 6 - Positive signs
Bendtner 8 - MOTM

Eduardo - 6 - Decent
Eboue - 6 - Decent
Diarra - 7 - Came on and tightened things up, must shoot less.

gunnerGH

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Bendtner 8 - MOTM

Spot on.

Though id have given Diaby 6 and RVP 6.5. Apart from that i agree with all your ratings.

Shame we didnt get top spot however......Barca here we come

giuliob

5=average

Lehmann - 6 Decent; first game in a long while.....

Sagna -7 A linchpin; nice passing

Senderos -7 Did everything asked of him and handled it well....Looked confident and his pace has improved, regardless of what is bandied about here.......

Gallas - 6

Traore - 5 Although his pace impresses, his defensive skills need and will improve......

Walcott - 7 His play and pace was sparkling....Although he missed all those chances to score, his head and heart were totally in the game.......Just has to learn to finish...

Denilson - 7 Not spectacular but solid and effective...seems to be learning from his last few games.......

Song -6.5 Thought he did well considering how little first team ball he has played.....

Diaby - 7 He really can be impressive at times; ...Sometimes .tries to do too much...All in all a very nice day's work.....

Van Persie 7.5 Excellent 60+ minutes; unselfish; brought confidence up front....

Bendtner 7.5 Although he seemed to tire late in the 2nd half, he is easy to watch...He and Denilson can really take the ball off the chest and do something with it.....Beauty finish on his goal.....

Eduardo - 6.5 If he had scored that stoppage time goal......Whoah sign would have taken over A-M.........

Eboue - 6 He and Diarra seemed to take away some of the edge that Steaua had gained

Diarra - 6 See Eboue

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Lehmann 6
Sagna 6.5
Senderos 6
Gallas 6
Traore 5
Walcott 6
Denilson 6.5
Song 6
Diaby 7
Van Persie 6.5
Bendtner 7.5 motm

Eduardo 5.5
Eboue 6
Diarra 6

Lord Dula

Established Member
RandomHero84 said:
Captain said:
lol.

7 for senderos and 6 Gallas because he was anonymous.

Tell me about it.

He's one of those fans who only sees the obvious.

He spouts a load of misplaced long words in an attempt to sound like he knows whassssup.

He's the Steven Gerrard of posting.

-Shaun-

Lehmann - 6 - Nothing much to do.

Sagna - 7- Great going forward, and in defence.
Senderos - 7- Good performance.
Gallas - 6 - Nothing to do really.
Traore - 7 - Had a great game, very confident going forward, and the best in defence.

Walcott - 7- Great performance, but should of had a hat-trick.
Denilson - 7 - Played well.
Song - 7.5 - A great game from him, a lot of accurate passes.
Diaby - 6.5 - Did well with the goal, tried too much.

Van Persie - 7 - Looked very very lively.
Bendtner 8 - MOTM - Another great performance from him, winning everything and an amazing, exquisite finish for his goal.

IBL

Established Member
Lehmann 6 - ok
Sagna 6.5 - solid
Senderos 6 - should have done better for goal
Gallas 6 - also should have done better with the goal
Traore 6 - some good moments but lacking position wise
Walcott 7 - excellent in all aspects except his final play
Denilson 6 - good first half but terrible second half
Song 6 - meh
Diaby 6 - good goal and phases of play but overdoes a lot
Van Persie 7 - looked lively and sharp
Bendtner 6.5 - nicely taken goal and some good general play

Eduardo 6
Eboue 6
Diarra 6

nazo

Established Member
Lehmann - 6
Sagna - 7
Senderos - 7
Gallas - 7
Traore - 6
Walcott - 7
Denilson - 7
Song - 7 (he gets a 7 just for being Song)
Diaby - 6
Van Persie - 7
Bendtner 8

Eduardo - 6
Eboue - 6
Diarra - 6

sabret00the

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
RandomHero84 said:
Captain said:
lol.

Tell me about it.

He spouts a load of misplaced long words in an attempt to sound like he knows whassssup.

you missed me dula?

AliBabaBrewer

Lehmann - 6
He didn't really do anything to prove his worth above Almunia today. I definately think he's going the same way as Gilberto, with his career winding down, he'll head for the door.

Sagna - 7
He's always solid, and is a good threat going foward. I definately think he's taken Eboue's spot and wouldn't especially be in any danger of losing that place.

Senderos - 6
Didn't especially do much, and had a couple of slip ups, but fair play to him, did much much better than last time. Even got forward once and started an attacking move.. Made my eyes well up. Through pride or fear, I'm not sure.

Gallas - 5
Wasn't a big presence today, and was shrugged off the ball for their goal.

Traore - 7
Showed good promise today, and again, did much better in this game. His attacking play is as good as Clichy's, but defensively isn't as good, and needs some work. Still, is good cover.

Walcott - 7
Made a good nuisance of himself today and had a few great moments of play. Whilst he didn't seem to have that cutting edge in front of goal, I'd still put him in ahead of Eboue for Chelsea. Can still do a good job on the wing and would love to see him mug Cole off.

Denilson - 5
Seemed very quiet today, often forgot he was on the pitch

Song - 6
Did better than I thought he would today. He made some good passes and used his strength well. Whilst I would still stick him below Flamini, Diaby, Denilson and Diarra, I still see him as an emergency squad player. When Djourou's back, I see him rarely getting any kind of first team game.

Diaby - 7
Got greedy again and lost the ball several times, but took his goal very well and a couple of times looked a real threat.

Van Persie - 6
Didn't set the world alight, but did well considering he's been out for such a while. Got a lot more playing time than I was expecting too, so gets some extra brownie points there. Good assist.

Bendtner - 8
Had a great game. I know I may sing his praises a little too much, but he had a great game today, in my opinion. Whilst he doesn't have an eye popping 90 minutes, for at least 60, you'll see him doing something good. Scored a good goal, had some good passes and linked up with most players well.

Eduardo - 5
Still have my doubt about him. Came on and did nothing but lay on the floor till a stretcher came.

Eboue - 6
Came on, played the position he's best at and actually looked a lot better. Made a good clearance in the 6 yard box, injuring Lehmann. Ran a lot and I was actually pleased with his performance for once.

Diarra - 6
Didn't do that amazing, but did what he did best, which was turn in a circle, shielding the ball, and out muscling a challenge. Didn't have time to show why he should be above Flamini in the pecking order, but still did enough, in my opinion, to show he should be above Gilberto.

Lord Dula

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Lord Dula said:
RandomHero84 said:
Captain said:
lol.

Tell me about it.

you missed me dula?

Yeah - it'd actually be dull around here without the likes of you and the Gurgmeister

godfather

Lehmann 6.5
Sagna 7
Senderos 6.5
Gallas 6.5
Traore 6
Walcott 7
Denilson 7.5
Song 6.5
Diaby 7.5
Van Persie 7
Bendtner 8 MOTM