• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Stoke City - EPL - Sat 18th Dec (POSTPONED)

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Yeah I'm harsh, but in the end it's a ref (yeah AntG) who players have to respect, and I struggle to see how they could do that with him.
But as I've said, I could be wrong.

@The_Jury:

That didn't look like a Blizzard imo.
Or in other words, that wouldn't have been labeled as one in Austria. :lol:

Strange comments?
Yes, but hey, I'm bored.....

GaelForce22

Established Member
redwhiteAustrian said:
AnthonyG said:
How so? He sounds fine to me.

No problem with what he said.
Just a feeling I got when I saw (and heard) him speaking, nothing spectacular.
He looked a bit shaky IMO (or is it normal that you don't look straight into ones eyes when you get interviewed?) and his overall presence (or charisma) wasn't something which impressed me.

Could be different on the pitch though, and I could be completely wrong.
He's a referee, I seriously doubt he's given media training. Not to mention he was standing outside in the snow for that interview. Very harsh.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
redwhiteAustrian said:
Yeah I'm harsh, but in the end it's a ref (yeah AntG) who players have to respect, and I struggle to see how they could do that with him.
But as I've said, I could be wrong.
By now, you should be emphasising the 'bored' bit and just admit you're talking out of your, well, you know what. :lol:

CandysRoom

Established Member
Sice when did any players respect refs anyhow? It seems optional and all take the choice to be ****y towards whoever's reffing.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
The biggest problem with these postponements is that the FA is ridiculous, * really, when arranging or re-arranging fixtures. We'll have had 2 weeks off when we play Chelsea.

That game will kick off a stretch of 7 matches in 20 days. There is no reason why we shouldn't be playing Stoke this Tues./Wed. etc. We won't, but there is none.

KY

Established Member
The person most disappointed with the postponement has got to be Sczczesny. A chance for him to cement his spot gone.... he must be cursing the white now... (and i bet a whole lot of you guys too! :p)

Rorz

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-v-stoke-city-match-rearranged" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... rearranged</a>

We have today received confirmation from the Premier League that the following fixture will be played as under:

Arsenal v Stoke City
Premier League
Tuesday February 22, 2011
Kick Off: 7.45pm

There we go then.

Rahul

19 Sat The FA Cup Fifth Round(if we get there)
22 Tue H Stoke City 19:45
26 Sat Tottenham Hotspur 12:45
(This game will be moved if Arsenal reach the Carling Cup Final)
27 Sun Carling Cup Final

Thats not too bad.but we play them 6 days after Barca.

jerome2158

Established Member
KY said:
The person most disappointed with the postponement has got to be Sczczesny. A chance for him to cement his spot gone.... he must be cursing the white now... (and i bet a whole lot of you guys too! :p)

I beg to differ.

I had a ticket for this match, and it was supposed to be my last match before returning to the US, and not returning to the emirates for the foreseeable future. Courtesy of the postponement, I cannot go.

and by the way, england needs to learn how to deal with snow. My god...5 inches back home and flights might be delayed for a maximum of 45 minutes.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Rahul said:
19 Sat The FA Cup Fifth Round(if we get there)
22 Tue H Stoke City 19:45
26 Sat Tottenham Hotspur 12:45
(This game will be moved if Arsenal reach the Carling Cup Final)
27 Sun Carling Cup Final

Thats not too bad.but we play them 6 days after Barca.
I disagree, I think it's a complete joke and a mark of the FA's antiquated incompetence. That we'll not have played a match for 2 weeks before this Chelski game and then have this one slotted in between a league game, a CC final which we have a good chance of being in (and if not Spuds a day earlier anyway), and, as you say, with Barca on the 16th is ludicrous.

5 games in 15 days, whereas at the moment we'll have 1 in 14. I'm assuming too that the 'break' after the CC final is because of fricking int'l fixtures.

I'm sure they'll have their rationale, but whatever it is I'm not buying it.

Rahul

Ant, the international fixtures are on the 9th of feb i think.no?

besides what date would you have postponed our match to?

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Rahul said:
Ant, the international fixtures are on the 9th of feb i think.no?

besides what date would you have postponed our match to?
I couldn't be bothered checking what that gap is after those matches.

Our game should have been made up before Chelsea.

flobaba

jerome2158 said:
KY said:

I beg to differ.

I had a ticket for this match, and it was supposed to be my last match before returning to the US, and not returning to the emirates for the foreseeable future. Courtesy of the postponement, I cannot go.

and by the way, england needs to learn how to deal with snow. My god...5 inches back home and flights might be delayed for a maximum of 45 minutes.
You want to send it to me in the spirit of christmas? ;)

Got to the UK last week. Torrid time coming in from Heathrow. Everything was cancelled/closed/fully booked/unavailable. Flights, coaches, cabs, hotels! My first time here, and haven't even been able to go anywhere. Freezing.

General

Established Member
I went down to the Armoury yesterday and there was still ice melting down the walkway next to the bridge. Even Drayton park still had snow on the pavements. If not for Health and Safety Legislation and the claims culture in this country the game would've gone ahead.

Tony Montana

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Tony Montana said:
Well due to the weather that was not possible. That's why the game was postponed in the first place.
:roll:

General said:
If not for Health and Safety Legislation and the claims culture in this country the game would've gone ahead.

And because of the weather conditions the authorities are scared of the above. This is why the games have not gone ahead imo.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom