• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Tottenham - Saturday December 22, 12.45pm - NLD

famous no 10

Established Member
USArsenal said:
i agree with everything except that it was our worst performance.. i think Boro was our worst performance....

Yup...we just didn't show up at all against 'boro, worst I've seen us since last year...today we were, well, average.

famous no 10

Established Member
invisibleman18 said:
Brilliant goal from Bendtner. Reminded me of Teddy Sheringham against Greece in the sense that he was still running onto the pitch when he scored. :lol:

Can't believe people are still finding a way to blame Almunia for the first goal. With the deflection and at that speed, I can't imagine any keeper in the world saving that. It was in before he, and everyone else saw it. Great save from the penalty. Who was it who said "Almunia will never win a game for us" or "Almunia will never make the difference in a big game" etc? Chelsea and Sp**s in consecutive games now innit?

As for Sp**s, that O'Hara guy looked pretty decent considering it was his first start. David Pleat in the commentary said he was an Arsenal fan, and Alfonso says he was an Arsenal academy player. Interesting.

So now that's:

O'hara
Bale
King
De Foe
Kaboul
Bent

all supposedly Arsenal fans, and i think there is a couple more...I guess it must be nice to at least play near the home of football.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Well you pick up a paper tomorow or you go to teletext, listen to your radio or whatever and youll see or hear that arsenal won the match

Thats all I need to hear to get me well happey, especially at a time like this

I cant wait for the dinner on the 25th, bet those Sp**s fans want to stay well away from their close ones lol

famous no 10

Established Member
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
Well you pick up a paper tomorow or you go to teletext, listen to your radio or whatever and youll see or hear that arsenal won the match

I cant wait for the dinner on the 25th, bet those Sp**s fans want to stay well away from their close ones lol

My Brother in law used to captain Sp**s juniors, still a Sp**s fan.

Can't wait to see him on Xmas day....

kamikaze80

Established Member
alfonso, totally agree with your assessment as well. except i'd go further and say that rosicky should lose his starting place if he doesnt start producing results instead of ****ing around the halfway line pretending to be cesc.

sabret00the said:
That was the most boring NLD i can remember. Well done to Bendy and Adebayor.
yeah it was a bit flat, wasnt it? there wasnt any build up and Sp**s are so bad this year that there wasnt any sense of urgency for either side.

lagosgooner said:
I have an interesting stat Everytime I have been to Highbury or the Emirates we have won. Evrry time I watch a game with my Significant other we haven't won we either draw or lose. Normally she is banished but Of course I forgot that stat the day we played Sevilla and guess what?
hate to say it, but you need to dump her. its for the greater good ;)

Anzac

Established Member
famous no 10 said:
Anzac, we can't expect to play our beautiful game every week, in fact, it's games like today where we didn't play that well, and still came away winners, which actually gives us the look of champions.

I don't think we've been playing that well for a few games, and yet still we are top...sooner or later a few teams are going to take a hiding from us.

I agree with the 4-5-1 situation, but maybe it was Wengers intention to play RVP in a 4-4-2, and because RVP picked up a slight knock, thought he'd go with the team that beat Chelski, and ultimately it worked...I equally feel that Wenger may think Eduardo isn't quite ready to figure as a starter in the NLD.

yeah I understand what you are saying - just IMO I have yet to see us play our beautiful game in a 4-5-1 in the EPL..............it may work on the continent due to the slower pace etc, but I don't think it works for us in the EPL - at least not with these current players in this current line up...........

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
This is a monster jump from Nick. Did he jump like 2 metres or what? :D :D

bendtner682x400408737aki8.jpg

It was a classic header, just like the one you practice on training. He had a long time to make the run and jump high over the clouds.. :D.

"Waddlestone" could only dream of marking Nick.. :D

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
famous no 10 said:
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:

My Brother in law used to captain Sp**s juniors, still a Sp**s fan.

Can't wait to see him on Xmas day....

Was watching the match with my godbrothers today who are Sp**s fans, had some pre match hype talk
They said theyll win, I said we'll get 3 points

Thats the difference between their fans and ours I told 'em, we treat this match as another big game, they treat it as the only game of the season
Im just glad thats them out the way in the league this season, we dont have to have them banging on about trying to turn us over later in the season
Its all over

Before we could even debate they left my house straight away which is unusual as we always have a little round up talk after the match no matter what the score

That just sums it up I guess, thats their holidays f****d

But nah, Im happy to get the win but more just getting all 3 points

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
albakos said:
This is a monster jump from Nick. Did he jump like 2 metres or what? :D :D

bendtner682x400408737aki8.jpg

It was a classic header, just like the one you practice on training. He had a long time to make the run and jump high over the clouds.. :D.

"Waddlestone" could only dream of marking Nick.. :D

Hes on the floor, you cant see him :)

kanooo

sabret00the said:
That was the most boring NLD i can remember. Well done to Bendy and Adebayor.

We didn't play our best football but I don't think the match was boring.

We conceeded an equalizer from a very tight angle (with 2 defenders closing down Berbatov). Conceeded a penalty shortly afterwards and saved it. And scored a winner with the first touch from a substitute very soon. I think it's hardly boring.

Gocklosaurus

We had like 1000% luck!
Only it won us this game! Keane hit the crossbar and missed a penalty! omfg! that would have been 2:1 - and we maybe only would have made it 2:2!
And if Wenger didn't substitute in that very moment Bendtner wouldn't have that distance to get speed and therefore height + he would have been marked better!

=> Luck!

Gooner for 60 years

If the truth be known, playing the spuds is not a game I anticipate with pleasure. The 'what if we do lose' mental torture is far too strong...and ...as it's been there for 60 odd years, it's never going away. The only pleasure really is the final whistle when we have won...or at worst not been defeated.

In the meantime, the gastric juices work overtime, the brain alternates between paroxysms of pure pleasure and dark, baleful thoughts and comments concerning the parentage of all spuds, their board, fans and players alternating with bursts of comparing them to vertical smiles of the most unattractive sort. This together with the memory of how they screwed up my Christmas as an 8 year old does not make for a pleasing, sunny countenance. Thank God we do not own a parrot.

Today was a 'worse than normal'. No RvP; Styles as referee; losing the toss and kicking the "wrong" way; an ex Gooner making his debut for the spuds; all the portents were wrong. What brew of 'double bubble, toil and trouble' had the ungodly conjured up? It's supposed to be our bloody Chrimbly present ffs.

And we played, if not like zombies but Middlesbro' 2007 all over for 45 mins with the ex Gooner looking more competent as the game went on. The air was getting more blue by the minute. Annie went gardening and took the dogs with her.

Obviously the shirt I was wearing was a jinx. Thus it was changed at half time and lo...a goal of some beauty. The shirt worked for 10 minutes. Yeah!

We then returned to the slough of despond....and worse, until Almunia, build a statue of him immediately, countered that **** Pleat's comment of "Robbie Keane doesn't miss penalties."
Bless your little Spanish socks, Manuel and may they hang on your bed-post containing the finest paella, wine and 25 vestal virgins for your Christmas morning. Just be ready for Boxing day.

Then, such a lovely way to start his first derby, the Great Dane illustrated that it is not a good idea to leave him unmarked. (The air had gone to Cobalt by now.)

Oh a happy Chrimbly to all gooners and may there be tidings of joy and goodwill to all, esp this poor spud who seems to have a touch of the acids
http://www.footballfancast.com/blog/eng ... -christmas

invisibleman18

Established Member
Gooner for 60 years said:
Pleat's comment of "Robbie Keane doesn't miss penalties."

Wasn't that brilliant?!
"Keane doesn't miss penalties. He does not miss, he just doesn't miss."
*Almunia Saves*
"Well I'll have to go home now."

:lol:

Asterix

Established Member
Asterix said:
This thread is setting itself up for some serious pain. The form book goes out of the window for derby games - never forget it. Predicting 3-0 victories is just asking for trouble.

Sp**s are improving a lot and that little piece of work Keane is back I believe. It won't be easy at all. Any sort of win will do me fine.

I told youse so. Any sort of win was fine.

nidza7

Established Member
Asterix said:
Asterix said:
This thread is setting itself up for some serious pain. The form book goes out of the window for derby games - never forget it. Predicting 3-0 victories is just asking for trouble.

Sp**s are improving a lot and that little piece of work Keane is back I believe. It won't be easy at all. Any sort of win will do me fine.

I told youse so. Any sort of win was fine.

:lol:

Lord Dula

Established Member
bojed said:
tactica442 said:
That redcafe thread is funny. :lol: I start thinking maybe there are some demographic difference in eduation failed these ManUred fans.

they have education up north?

It's nothing to do with demography - those Korean and Chinese lads have all the educational facilities they need.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom