• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Tottenham - Wednesday January 9, 7.45pm

• Thread starter RC8
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,014
  • Views 61,789

RC8

Established Member
arsenaltottenhamcarlingxr8.png

So, we meet Tottenham for the third time this season, and for the 7th time in less than 2 years…

The average Arsenal supporter knows that we will not risk anything or anyone, and that ultimately the result of this game is not that relevant in the context of our season… the average Sp**s fan is sacrificing his or her children in a desperate attempt to increase Tottenham’s possibilities of winning this game.

To be honest, Tottenham probably won’t get into Europe through the League, so the Carling Cup is a realistic path to get into the UEFA Cup. It makes sense therefore that Juande Ramos and his crews want to win this game at any cost. It still doesn’t justify the years of gloating that Sp**s fans would enjoy if they were to win the tie on away goals, but that’s another matter.

Arsène said earlier this season that he would not be risking many first teamers in the Carling Cup, and thus I expect us to play with the ‘young guns’. Fabianski will probably be on goal, with players like Traore and Hoyte on the flanks. Maybe we will come out with a squad slightly stronger than the one we saw at Blackburn a couple of weeks ago.

younggunste8.png

Seeing as Wenger gave Fabregas and Hleb some rest, I wouldn’t rule out one of them playing on Wednesday, even if it’s just a late cameo. Last year Eboué and Hleb revived our team at WHL, so maybe we want to be able to do the same if things go very wrong very early.

It’s worth pointing out that Tottenham started a pretty much full strength squad against Reading in the FA Cup, so we can expect the team to face us on Wednesday to:

a) be very tired.

or

b) include some of Tottenham’s back up players.

It’s very difficult to predict a line-up, but I think we might see something like this:

arsenaltottenhamcarlingre7.png

Let’s get behind the team and hope for a win. This is Tottenham we are playing after all.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Lets play like this hopefully.

GK Fabianski
RB Hoyte
CB Senderos
CB Gallas
LB Traore
RM Hleb
CM Fabregas
CM Denilson
LM Rosicky
ST Eduardo
ST Bendtner

Sorry, but think that Eduardo&Bendtner partnership is working very well.

giuliob

Wenger could rest Ade if hamstring isn't better....Bendtner and Eduardo do form a nice duo up front....Either Flamini or Diarra; Hleb also could be rested because of his hamstring, so Rosicky, Denilson along with Randall...

Captain

Established Member
Wenger showed his hand by not making any subs today; the team will probably be completely different where possible (with regards to injuries etc.). I suspect we will play 4-5-1 too.

Juicy

Adebayor surely will not play. It's the Carling cup. The front two will be Adebayor and Bendtner, there is little doubt about that. Walcott will probably be in midfield as well.
I would say it will be:

Fabianski
Hoyte Senderos Djourou Traore
Walcott Denilson Gilberto/Diarra Diaby
Bendtner Eduardo

That is not actually a great team, but probably good enough to show of Sp**s. We'll need to play a stronger team at White Hart Lane.

famous no 10

Established Member
If we play anywhere like we did today, I think we'll lose...but spuds do have a completely crap defence, so I fancy us to score a couple.

I think Tomas and Flamini could come back in, so we should be ok in midfield, but it's in defence I'm concerned about, as this is where Sp**s have their only good players...and Traore looked poor today.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jens in goal, as it could be his last game for us.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
I'm worried about this game.If Wenger plays the same midfield as he did today, just with Walcott instead of Eboue, I cant see us passing to the next round.

famous no 10

Established Member
sashakal said:
Adebayor surely will not play. It's the Carling cup. The front two will be Adebayor and Bendtner, there is little doubt about that. Walcott will probably be in midfield as well.
I would say it will be:

Fabianski
Bendtner Eduardo

That is not actually a great team, but probably good enough to show of Sp**s. We'll need to play a stronger team at White Hart Lane.

He has a brother? I know you mean Edu...

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i think the lineup will be as followed. don't expect much first teamers.

fabianski
hoyte djourou senderos traore
walcott denilson diarra diaby
eduardo bendnter

Captain

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
i think the lineup will be as followed. don't expect much first teamers.

fabianski
hoyte djourou senderos traore
walcott denilson diarra diaby
eduardo bendnter

I'd say that the ones I bolded plus one of those strikers won't play, maybe not even see the bench.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
What we'll see

--------------------------- Fabianski -------------------------

---- Hoyte ----- Senderos ---- Djourou ----- Traore---

---- Walcott ----- Denilson ---- Diarra ----- Diaby ---

-------------- Bendtner ----------- Eduardo --------------

Diaby has been poor of late, Traore was awful today. I don't like this lineup all that much.

Juicy

famous no 10 said:
sashakal said:
I would say it will be:

Fabianski
Bendtner Eduardo

He has a brother? I know you mean Edu...
Indeed I did. Although... the transfer window is open, and you never know... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_(soccer)_families_of_note#Togo

Jameel46

Established Member
HollandGooner said:
Lets play like this hopefully.

GK Fabianski
RB Hoyte
CB Senderos
CB Gallas
LB Traore
RM Hleb
CM Fabregas
CM Denilson
LM Rosicky
ST Eduardo
ST Bendtner

Sorry, but think that Eduardo&Bendtner partnership is working very well.

think Eduardo might be rested, and i doubt that Rosicky & Hleb will play, atleast one will be left out the starting line-up. Clichy i think will start this one ahead of Traore, as he did play in the FA Cup (and was poor). and Diarra and Djourou i think are definate starters for this one.

so -

GK: Fabianski
RB: Hoyte
CB: Senderos (c)
CB: Djourou
LB: Clichy
RW/AM: Hleb
CM: Denilson
DM: Diarra
LW/CM: Diaby
CF: Bendtner
WF: Walcott

Lehmann
Gilberto
Randall
Rosicky
Adebayor

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Mannone will be on the bench, not Lehmann. I think the same lineup that has been used in the CC up until this round will be used in the semis, at least in the first leg, so no Rosicky or Adebayor.

Jameel46

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
Mannone will be on the bench, not Lehmann. I think the same lineup that has been used in the CC up until this round will be used in the semis, at least in the first leg, so no Rosicky or Adebayor.

you seem to be forgetting last season, where they were both on the bench for the semi-finals.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Whichever team gets put out will be really pumped up for this.....

Lets just get a win and get ffocused for birmingham on saturday, a match thats more important for our club

lee1001

Established Member
I actually think Sp**s will go through to the final. Our first team was very lucky in the last game and Ramos has made them a much stronger unit. Our second string isn't going to beat them over two legs, not again.

Then again it is Sp**s.

stuart

Established Member
I think they will win this one. Mainly because it will mean so much more to them than it does us. I couldn't give a toss about the Carling Cup but i could not cope if they beat us in any competition.

We're clearly a much better team than them but they've got a bit better of late and against our weakened team they are capable of winning. They will be so up for it, and that, i beleive, could make the difference

I'd like to see this team

Anybody
Hoyte Gallas Senderos Clichy
Hleb Diarra Flamini Rosicky
Walcott Eduardo

I doubt we'll be as strong as that but that would make me much more confident. Gallas will probably play if you ask me, having been rested against Burnley. Clichy too.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Ramos made them a stronger unit??

You having a laugh, they conceded 6 games at home in 2 games against reading and a set piece goal every match

Their defence is poor and I could of used a more stronger word

Dont worry about the last game, its a derby so form goes out the window, getting the win is more important as fergie says
If we outplay our rivals in a derby, even better like we did against Sp**s at their place in september

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom