• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v West Ham. EPL Sat Jan 31st 2009 15:00

IBL

Established Member
Games coming thick and fast, West Ham in good form to provide us with another stern challenge at the Emirates.

20151D86-FA64-4C06-524EA8568DFDBA6B.jpg
VS
20070514-west-ham-united-fc.png

asajoseph

Established Member
Re: Arsenal v West Ham. Saturday Jan 31st 2009 15:00

Hammers are a decent side at the moment.

We'll need to put in a much better performance than we did today if we want 3 points.

qs

Established Member
WHU have been a bit of a bogey team for us in recent years. Really hoping for a good display but in reality unless we get an individual stormer from someone it looks unlikely.

Viking

Even though our home form hasn't been perfect this season, we're still generally better at the Emirates. The Spammers' midfield isn't as strong as Everton's either, their defense is weaker, and their attack is less dangerous. It won't be easy, but three points shouldn't be that big of a problem.

But qs is right that they're can do us over, we lost to them twice in 2006, and once i 2007. Of the last four matches we've won three though, and lost only one, way back in april 2007.

go49oner

Established Member
Am going to this game, my 1st home game in almost a year, I really hope our boys put in good performance, especially Adebayor who has been getting on my tits lately. not expecting easy match but I think we can nick 1-0 victory

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
We have two options RvP wins the game for us, or we score from a set piece.

3 points are vital. This is a must win game, cant see us winning though, not with our comical bunch of so called midfielders.

Original_AAA

West Ham have won their last 5 games in Premier League and are on a 7 games unbeaten run in all competitions. They have a goal difference of 14-3 in those 5 games in the PL. They are in other words, on a very good run at the moment.

We on the other hand have not lost in our last 9 games in the PL. With 3 victories and 2 draws we have a goal difference of 8-5 in those 5 games. However unlike the Hammers, our run has not been accompanied with good play.

If our players can be arsed, we will win this, but if we get a performance like the one yesterday we will certainly drop points here.

Anzac

Established Member
ROFLMAO!!!!!

Just reading some of the comments in the thread about the role of manager & about AW & his pursuit of purist theories etc, and thought that WHU would be a better club for him to be with = no pretentions about dominating the EPL or winning everything & no dissatisfied fans about lack of progress etc.

TomasCR

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/silvestre-out-for-two-or-three-more-weeks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... more-weeks</a>

Silvestre out for 'two or three' more weeks, great. Or great as great, it depends on how you take it, it´s just great.

“I will change things a little bit because we play on Tuesday but this game against West Ham is very important to us. I will make changes but I don’t want to disrupt the side too much.”

TomasCR

Established Member
So my line-up for this game will be:

-------------Almunia------------------------
Sagna----Gallas---Djourou----Clichy
Ramsey----Denilson----Song----Nasri
--------Adebayor-----RvP-----------------

There might be a question mark over RvP, but if I was the manager, I would let him play the whole game and then gave him a rest on Tuesday. Don´t know if Vela is ready, but if he was, he could as well get some playing time.

hujja said:
1 point or 3 points, doesn't matter really.
Well, it does as far as I´m concerned.

A nice 2:0 win will do it for me.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
3 points is the most important thing.. but I hope we play good and entertaining football too.. can't remember the last time where we put in a truly awesome perfomance. must've been in the CC..

AFCG7

Established Member
We need a drastic improvement from our midfield if we are to win this one. Sadly if Wenger stays true to plan he will have the same midfield combination out there on Saturday , and we will struggle to break West Ham down.
By the way , expect Carlton Cole to be a handful for our CBs

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom