• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v West Ham - Tuesday January 1, 3pm

RC8

Established Member
arsenalwesthamzq4.png

West Ham United will be a tough opponent, but I'm sure most of us are grateful we are going to play a midtable side at home after a very busy December that saw us playing 2 huge derbies at home, and 4 difficult away games.

Many people said that if we came out on top after December, then they would start to believe we could win the title. And, after losing top spot and re-gaining it just in time for the New Year, it is difficult not to believe that this young team can go all the way. It's official, we are top of the league halfway through the season, and we are realistic title contenders.

topoftheleaguecopyib3.png

This weekend we face yet another test. ManUtd play against lowly Birmingham, while we have to face precisely the team that helped us get the top spot after beating Utd. If we come out on top, we will retain our current position for another week. Let's not forget West Ham were the first team to beat us at home at the new stadium, and the last team to beat us at Highbury (something of which I'm grateful in retrospective, given the last loss before that had been to Chelsea). They will come fired up after outplaying and beating a lacklustre Manchester United on Saturday, and are bound to give us difficulties from set pieces and on the break.

Personally I can't say I'm not feeling confident. But we will need our whole squad, including Fabregas and Hleb, to be at their best if we want to get past this team. Although it is very likely we will use a 4-5-1 formation, I would like to see this as our line-up:

formationforwesthamwr5.png

Definitely looking forward to this game. C'mon you Reds!

Edit: I see Flamini might suspended, so I have included Gilberto in the starting XI instead. I have to admit I'd rather see Diarra, but I think we are going to go with Gilberto. However, if Flamini's suspension is for the next game, then expect him to start.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Imagine if Wenger goes 4-5-1 again, dropping Edu and bring Eboue back in?

I certainly wouldn't be surprised.

It's about time be beat these ****s at home. It's been 2 years since a win.

RC8

Established Member
bazza_afc said:
Isn't Flamini suspended?

Is he? I'm not sure. I'll check. If he is then that's a huge blow. He has been our most consistent midfielder this season, and when the going gets tough his attitude is phenomenal, he is a real leader.

ibby

Established Member
RC8 said:
bazza_afc said:
Isn't Flamini suspended?

Is he? I'm not sure. I'll check. If he is then that's a huge blow. He has been our most consistent midfielder this season, and when the going gets tough his attitude is phenomenal, he is a real leader.

Agreed but the fact we are at home against West Ham means we can offered him to miss this game. Besides we got more than adequate cover in Diarra.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
It will be a very tough 2:1 win for us.

Hleb and Ade, with Freddy or Ashton to score the opener ;)

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I would go with the side RC8's picked in his preview.

It will be interesting to see what West Ham's team is like because I heard they picked up a couple of more injuries in the win over United.

Invincible

Established Member
hoyden said:
Invincible said:
Flamini is indeed suspended.
Did he get his 5th yellow against Everton?
5 yellow cards = suspended for 1 match after 7 days, isn't it?
Not sure, but when Cesc picked up his 5th booking at Reading, he didn't take part in the next match which was against Wigan.

hoyden

Invincible said:
hoyden said:
Invincible said:
Not sure, but when Cesc picked up his 5th booking at Reading, he didn't take part in the next match which was against Wigan.
Reading game was on Nov. 12th, and Wigan game was on Nov. 24th, that was the 1st match after 7 days.

Unkmengani

Flamini is elligible for the West Ham game, but he might be rested anyways. As has been stated, we have great cover in Diarra (can't see Gilberto getting a look in as he'll be packing his, sob, bags, boo hoo).

Ade and Eduardo up top and a 2-0! Huzzah!

lagos

Established Member
Guillermo said:
hoyden said:
Invincible said:
That's what I was led to believe. In which case, he'll miss the FA Cup tie at Burnley.

The commentator said that at the time

giuliob

It's 7 days after the 5th card...So that would be 7 days after 12/29...He can play against West Ham. He misses he Burnley match...That is if my arithmetic is correct....

Unkmengani

We should get the result we want against the Hammers as most of their team will still be pissed or hung over from the night before, erm, probably going down to Xanadoo's nite club in Barking or sumfin innit!

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom