• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs A'lecht/So'ton – 6:45pm/8:00pm– Sat 14.07.12

Yaya

Established Member
Players that have participated in the euro's are unlikely to be involved in the Markus Liebherr cup(probably going to consist of squad players/reserves with very few first team players). Each match are expected to last for a period of 45 minutes, for the first of our 2 matches we'll be facing Anderlecht(6.45pm) then the host Southampton at 8pm. Win both games and we win a trophy. Can't wait.

Herbas

Re: Arsenal vs A'lecht/So'ton – 6.45pm/8.00pm– Sat 14.07.12

Are there any players back to training at all?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Yaya said:
Players that have participated in the euro's are unlikely to be involved in the Markus Liebherr cup(probably going to consist of squad players/reserves with very few first team players). Each match are expected to last for a period of 45 minutes, for the first of our 2 matches we'll be facing Anderlecht(6.45pm) then the host Southampton at 8pm. Win both games and we win a trophy. Can't wait.

Come on mate, surely not.

Hopefully I can catch some of the footy, already miss seeing the boys in action.

darkgunner

Is it going to be streamed live anywhere? Or will there be highlights.

I'm itching to watch Arsenal again.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Any info on which players travel?

Vela

Established Member

Players are back on Monday for the start of pre-season. Any players who featured at the Euros I think quarter finals onwards get extra time off so won't feature in this. E.g. van Persie isn't back until 16th July for pre-season. I think players who are going to the olympics might not feature as well.

Most likely Arsenal will take a 22 man squad. As normally in pre-season Arsenal make 11 subs at half-time. Players who likely to be sold e.g. Arshavin I still think might play?

Szczęsny, Gibbs, Ver, Djourou, Jenkinson, Song, Arteta, Diaby, Gervinho, Santos etc for the first game.

The second game I think it will be Reserves/youngsters the likes of Bartley, Coquelin, Ryo etc.

Yaya

Established Member

What's the news on Wilshere?

Vela

Established Member

The last thing I saw about Wilshere is Arsenal don't want to rush him. So it's doubtful he will go on the pre-season tour, most likely play for the Reserves (Arsenal XI) later this month. And will miss the first 2/3 games of the season. But a journalist from the BBC said AW hasn't made the final decision about it yet.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

darkgunner said:
Is it going to be streamed live anywhere? Or will there be highlights.

I'm itching to watch Arsenal again.

Hopefully not in strange places! :eek:ops:

It'll be great once again to watch the lads in Red & White (and a tinge of blue-WTF!)

Vela

Established Member

I doubt there will be any streams for this, still tickets on the Arsenal website for it.

Floating

Established Member
Anzac said:
Anderlecht has a couple of players we were linked to = Suarez & Biglia.

It's actually quite interesting how Wenger often signs players after they perform well against us — i.e. Eduardo, Vermaelen and Podolski.

Invincible

Established Member
Looking forward to watching Coquelin play. Hope he's worked on his body strength these past few weeks - it's his only weekness.

ebouenolike

Established Member
Floating said:
Anzac said:
Anderlecht has a couple of players we were linked to = Suarez & Biglia.

It's actually quite interesting how Wenger often signs players after they perform well against us — i.e. Eduardo, Vermaelen and Podolski.

Indeed. Rosicky too.

Vela

Established Member
I think Coquelin is going play in midfield not at right-back. Even though Sagna is still out, Jenkinson will start at right-back and back-up for pre-season will be Nico Yennaris. Jeorge Bird said Yennaris could go on the Asia tour.

ArsenalDNA

Be interesting to see how the team lines up. I imagine it'll be a mix of fringe first graders and reserves. Wouldn't mind seeing Miquel, Ryo and Gnabry get some time. No idea what their situations are like at the moment though.

Fingers crossed it's available to download somewhere afterwards. Would be great to get back into the swing of things and take my mind off another fckn transfer sage.

kenkbc2

I'm hoping for Miquel and Yennaris to step up and provide some squad depth in defence this season. Things are pointing towards no defensive signing this summer window. And that would also mean no Djourou or Squid in either RB or CB positions.

These two games would be a good start to see how much they've improved since last season.

Vela

Established Member
Players who trained today - Verm, Santos, Arteta, Coquelin, Gervinho, Chamakh, Squillaci, Mannone, Fabianski, Martinez, Djourou, Eisfeld, Henderson, Yennaris, Bartley, Eastmond, Miquel, Angha, Ebecilio, Lansbury, Watt, Gibbs and Diaby.

I think the squad for this match will be the players from above.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Don't really learn a lot from games like these so not really a lot to look forward. Just hope for no injuries and a few of our duds to look like superstars so they can be sold.

Has Arshavin + NB not returned?

Vela

Established Member
All the players who went to the Euros and went out at the group stages return next Monday. Then all the players who went to the Euros and reach the quarter finals or further return for pre-season in a couple of weeks, just before the Asia tour.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom