• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs A'lecht/So'ton – 6:45pm/8:00pm– Sat 14.07.12

dbig

First trophy of the season! :D

The penalty shoot-out was anti-climactic. The winners of the shootout couldn't celebrate, while the losers ended up with the trophy.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Djourou and Gervinho showing they're a class above. People are overly harsh I think. I know the opposition wasn't of the best calibre but some people would have you believe Djourou and Gervinho belong in the reserves...

pet

DanDare said:
Djourou and Gervinho showing they're a class above. People are overly harsh I think. I know the opposition wasn't of the best calibre but some people would have you believe Djourou and Gervinho belong in the reserves...

wasn't djourou at least partially at fault for southampton's goal? i can't really tell from the video

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
DanDare said:

welcome to the age of polarizing hyperbole, instant gratification and short term memory :lol:

kenkbc2

As Gervs and JD aren't going to be 1st team starters (unless we get an injury crisis), an improvement in their performances and form would go a long way towards enhancing our squad depth. So, if reports on their performances are right, then its a good start to the season for them.

pet

watched the matches today. gibbs and gervinho were our best players. coquelin looks bigger and played well. lansbury wasn't involved too much but made an impact when he was. djourou and bartley looked good aside from the goal. aneke looked impressive before he went off

can't take much from the first preseason game but i saw some positive signs

Invincible

Established Member
There was one simple ball from a free kick which Mannone spilled that reminded me just how shocking that guy is. Why is this clown still at the club. Damian Martinez is four years his junior and looked far more accomplished.

Elsewhere, I thought Gibbs and Coquelin were the best Arsenal players and btw Bartley is a beast of a man and comfortably better than Djourou.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Invincible said:
There was one simple ball from a free kick which Mannone spilled that reminded me just how shocking that guy is. Why is this clown still at the club. Damian Martinez is four years his junior and looked far more accomplished.

Elsewhere, I thought Gibbs and Coquelin were the best Arsenal players and btw Bartley is a beast of a man and comfortably better than Djourou.

What a stupid comment. Mannone did ok here as a youngster when called upon and had a great time at Hulll. Hardley a clown at all.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Mannone is a poor impression of a clown. He's ****, along with the rest of the **** that will drag us down again when we're low on numbers. We've still got a lot of unreliable **** in our squad.

Invincible

Established Member
Cudareli said:
Invincible said:

What a stupid comment. Mannone did ok here as a youngster when called upon and had a great time at Hulll. Hardley a clown at all.
I suggest you open your eyes and watch him play then. He's made a career out of that Fulham game but apart from that one decent performance he's always looked incredibly dodgy for us. I don't care what or how he did at Hull, I only care about how he does for Arsenal and he's rubbish for us.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mannone is 3rd/4th choice at best behind Szczesny, Fabianski, and Martinez. I wouldn't really worry about him having an impact on our season if he isn't sold, but he'll probably get sold or loaned.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Mannone is such a pathetic keeper. He can't even hold the ball properly. I haven't seen such poor basics from any Arsenal keeper till Mannone played for us.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Mannone inspires ZERO confidence in me. He's a train wreck waiting to happen. He makes the most elementary mistakes and his judgment is poor. Witness his spoof performance against Olympiakos last year. Like others, I can't quite believe he's still around.

He makes the early version of Flapianksi look like Gordon Banks

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Was impressed by Gervinho, Gibbs & Le Coq. All three looked assured on the ball, sharp and both Le Coq & Gervinho were always looking to try something and played good aggressive football.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom