• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Barcelona | CL QF | Wed 31 March 19:45 | ITV1

DOUBLE-YOU

Re: CL Quarter Final: Arsenal vs Barcelona

fabo said:
Thank f**k Barca signed Zlatan aswell. Makes our defence's job easier.

Messi and Xavi are the big players. Not worried about anyone else.

iniesta?

russkiegooner

****, couldn't have been any worse... :( Well, let's try to see it in a positive way: if we beat them, we'll win the CL. If not, we'll be able to focus on winning the EPL.

alboots101

Established Member

ibby said:
I think many fans are doing us a disservice. We're not an average nobody in Europe. Barcelona will be just as pissed with the draw as us.

Utd might have been over confident but otherwise no one wants to play Arsenal.

which leads all the way back to...taking our chances.

James

Established Member

Loved the noise that all the delegates made when Barcelona came out. They know this is no easy tie for them. The players, like some of us, will be literally buzzing at this draw. Cannot wait.

Biggus

Established Member

Alfonso said:
Out of all the teams left in the last 8 draw we got the fcuking hardest route to the final!
Err apart from the easiest group and a virtual bye past a hopeless Porto, only Fabianski's antics made that tie seem competitive.

lagos

Established Member

GoonerGurjit said:
I feel very pessimistic about this draw.

yep I fail to have one single iota of optimism and honestly I am now seeing this whole CL exercise as a bit of a nuisance and distraction considering we have a better shot in the league.

russkiegooner

TOPG said:
If only RVP was fit...

Well, he's not and will not be. Let's hope at least that Gallas will be fit because Sol or Silvetre against Lionel Messi... that looks a bit scary, to be quite honest.

kel varnsen

Established Member

mouth watering draw and i think we have a good chance of beating them. on paper, they are a better side, but i think if you look at the individual match ups, i like our odds. they have their weaknesses that i think we can exploit. as long as key players aren't injured.

alboots101

Established Member

lagos said:
GoonerGurjit said:

yep I fail to have one single iota of optimism and honestly I am now seeing this whole CL exercise as a bit of a nuisance and distraction considering we have a better shot in the league.

lol..oh, now you see it.

Timleaf

Established Member

TOPG said:
Gunner_JT said:
So our run of games are going to be:

Birmingham Away
Barcelona CL
Wolves home
Barcelona CL
Spuds Away

At least we have Wolves in between. A confidence booster...

Looking at that, it's vital that we get wins against both West Ham and Birmingham, just in case we do drop points in the Wolves or Sp**s games because of this CL tie.

It would be a massive if Liverpool and maybe Blackurn can take something against our title rivals this weekend. We need some sort of cushion with the schedule we have coming up.

ibby

Established Member

lagos said:
GoonerGurjit said:

Listen to Ricky.

If you're failing to realise the importance of this tie not just for Arsenal and Barcelona but for football as a whole then in all honesty football isn't the sport for you.

Let's hope UEFA assign a referee to fit the occasion.

TOPG

Established Member

At the end of last season people were complaining that we weren't playing bigger sides in the CL. Now we get Barcelona people are still complaining. Barcelona are still weak in defence and we can expose that. Theo needs to be fit if we are going to win this....

asajoseph

Established Member

Don't know how anyone can not be incredibly excited about this draw.

Anyone know when it gets decided if we play on the 30th or 31st?

James

Established Member

asajoseph said:
Don't know how anyone can not be incredibly excited about this draw.

Anyone know when it gets decided if we play on the 30th or 31st?
When Uefa pull their finger out. Later today i assume.

Double_H

Established Member

yellow card to clichy and ...........

Tarore VS Messi the the Nou Camp !!!!

nidza7

Established Member

this is a very good distraction for WesthamU game.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom