• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Blackburn Match Ratings

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

GoonerGurjit said:
From Sky Sports:

Man of the match: Samir Nasri was at the heart of every constructive move by Arsenal.

Walcott and Arshavin were better. Nasri was decent in the middle but not as good as them imo.

General

Established Member
Almunia - 7 - Not much to do but handling in the first was good. Diouf rattled him but he kept his composure and stuck to the task

Sagna - 7 - Again not much to do but poor going forward at times. Defensively, always solid and didn't look troubled.

Djourou - 7 - Aerially dominant.

Toure - 8 - Read the game very well and took command of his area

Clichy - 6.5 - One of his better performances in a while. Still too hesitant and one sided on the ball but kept things simple in the second half.

Nasri - 6.5 - Average to decent. Showed very little effects after Wednesday.

Denilson - 6.5 Takes one touch too many on the ball at times but grew in stature in the second half and kept play ticking.

Song- 8 - Very good and a physically dominant performance.

Walcott
- 7.5 - Always threatening with his pace and link up play was superb at times. Lack of match practice evident at times.

Arshavin- 8 - Supreme intelligence on the ball and the pace of the game suited him. Quality goal.

Bendtner - 6.5 - Woeful finishing but otherwise did ok.

Subs:
Diaby - 6.5 Plenty of physical power.
Eboue - 7 Had wwo goals laid on a platter for him. Nice penalty
Vela - 6.5 Lively.

[Looks around for qs]

TomasCR

Established Member
I actually do like most of the ratings, it´s for the first time, what happened?! ;)

Almunia - 7.5 The more I see him, the more I like him. Two quality saves. Have enyone noticed how accurate is his distribution? Just one bad ball in the second half, excellent otherwise.

Sagna - 7 Think he can do better, but seeing we didn´t concede.
Toure - 8 He was a monster today.
Djourou - 7 See Sagna.
Clichy - 7 See above.

Walcott - 7 Hope that now, it´s clear to everyone why he has to play on the wing. With his pace, you would have to be an idiot to play him upfront.
Denilson - 7 Can I just point out at the two passes to Bendtner and Arshavin in the second half? Lost a few easy balls, but played well.
Song - 7.5 Have never liked him to be honest, too slow, not good passing. Today though, he seemed to do well. Well done.
Nasri - 7

Arshavin - 8.5 No need to say more, man of the match definitely. What a goal, what a player.
Bendtner - 6.5 I thought he was one of the best, if not the best player in the first half. Have never seen him playing like that, was good in the second half too, a lot of good runs, almost clean passing, but the goals, oh Nicky, should have scored two at least, never mind.

Vela - 7
Diaby - 7
Eboue - 7.5 lol

M+D

Established Member
TomasCR said:
Walcott - 7 Hope that now, it´s clear to everyone why he has to play on the wing. With his pace, you would have to be an idiot to play him upfront.

Sorry, but I fail to see why?

kel varnsen

Established Member
True Gooner said:
Why a 5 for Djourou, Kel?

I didn't pay much attention to him, but I thought he was okay.

average player who had an average game. did his job and that's about it.

for me, a five is perfectly average. middle of the park. neither good nor bad.

flobaba

Don't understand how Bendtner escapes with a 6.5/7 from you guys. Maybe its because we won by such a wide margin so we can afford to forgive and forget so easily. However if B'Burn had been able to score a few themselves and get back into the game when it was still one or 2 nil, i'm sure the ratings would be much less charitable.

Also, Adebayor would NEVER have gotten away with such pathetic and embarassing finishing. He'd have got a -ve rating from some on here. I didn't think Bendtner had an okay game overall, i thought he had a very very poor game. His touch, his control, some of his passes. The only thing he was doing right was getting himself in good positions for the passes and not straying offside unnecessarily.

Denilson had a decent game, but Song was as neat and strong and steady as he was against Burnley. The standout man in our midfield IMO.. I'm becoming a fan of the young man.

i agree with Tomas about Almunia. He was great with his distribution and at coming forward for aerial balls. Have to admit he's beginning to win me over. Consistent performances from him for a while now. Only hope i've not jinxed him now that ive noticed.

The rest of the team played decently. Special mention to Asha for a great goal, and Walcott for his bright runs.

TomasCR

Established Member
Merida+Denilson said:
TomasCR said:

Sorry, but I fail to see why?
Because he is the only player of our squad who can outrun any opponent and pass a ball in front of an open goal. It doesn´t have to look like that, but the first goal, it was one of the easiest way how to score. Easy and very, very efficacious.

Walcott is waiting for a ball behind the defense all the time, all you need to have are players like Nasri, Arshavin, Cesc, Denilson or even Rosicky, who can all create a good pass, Theo will always be there ready to make a clear chance out of it by passing it into the box. Who could do what Walcott did today? No one, hence, it would be nonsense to stick him upfront, let alone when we have others, quality strtikers.

Look at the action again, it´s unbeleievable, he wouldn´t have done that had he played upfront.

Feet

Song and Arsharvin put in great performances. 8.5

Everyone else did just fine. 7

Bendtner, unfortunately, is there to score goals, and he's just not very good there. Totally out of his depth right now in my eyes, this has been proven time and time again, game after game and it's not gotten better. His link up play was much improved compared to previous games, his movement was good, but that's not what he's for. He's supposed to attack the ball when he sees the oppotunity to score, and he looks hesitant everytime he has sight of goal. He needs to sort it out or get out. I clapped him of cause he did play well, but we can't afford to be carrying anyone and right now he's a passenger and a substitute striker at best. 5

lagos

Established Member
Almunia 7
Sagna 6
Touré 8
Djourou 7
Clichy 6
Walcott 6.5 Brought pace and directness but needs to work on his decision making else he ends up another Hleb
Denilson 7 Had some moments but did well today
Song 7.5 Did very well today
Nasri 7
Arshavin 8.5 A cut above everybody on that pitch
Bendtner 6 I want to give him more for effort but he is there to score goals

Eboue 7
Diaby 6
Vela 6

Galahad

Almunia 7 Rock solid

Sagna 6 Good defensive work, not a lot going forward
Touré 6 Solid at the back, didnt have a lot to do tho.
Djourou 6 Same as Toure.
Clichy 6 Same as Sagna, tho he did offer a bt more going forward...

Walcott 7.5 Pretty good display but for his finishing. His passing and vision was top notch tho, as was his pace.
Denilson 7 Good and tried to get involved more offensivley wich actually worked.
Song ? I feel unable to judge him tbf. We had so much possession that I wasnt really able to spot his defensive work.
Nasri 6 Went into stealth mode rather often but produced 2 excellent shots and some good passes.

Arshavin 9 Very good display, nice set of skills and a wonderful goal. Also was involved a lot with the owngoal.
Bendtner 5 Lots of chances for him and credit to him: He was always at the right place. But without finishing them off on a regular basis Im not impressed.

Eboue 9 Sorry but 2 goals in 10 minutes without setting a foot wrong...cant do better then that for the short time he was on. How can some rate him 7? What MORE do you want from Eboue? Now I do know why everyone hates him...but having such demands...Close to a 10 actually.
Diaby 6 Not impressed with him...
Vela 7 Had a brilliant pass for Arshavin and a couple of other decent touches.

hesham

Established Member
Almunia 7 - ****-off Diouf
Sagna 5 very poor use of the ball, ok defensively
Touré 8 Good game, bags of energy
Djourou 7 Solid performance
Clichy 6 OK
Walcott 7 Good game, could be so much better if he improves his decion making
Denilson 6 Not involved enough in the game, did the simple thing well though
Song 9 MOM - Brilliant performance, dominated the midfield
Nasri 7 Kept play moving which is very important, unlucky with the FK
Arshavin 8.5 Showed his class today
Bendtner 6 shame really, had a good game but all them misses were shocking

Eboue 8
Diaby 7
Vela 7

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Paul Robinson added to his impressive record against Arsenal by the way. Including today we've scored 50 goals on good ol' Robbo in the last 15 games. :lol:

jay-d

Established Member
lagos said:
Walcott 6.5 Brought pace and directness but needs to work on his decision making else he ends up another Hleb
You're very anti Theo and that rating and summary is very harsh IMO. Theo was good today no way one of the lower performers out there he made a goal and if not for Nic would have made another.

arsmile

Established Member
al-8
sag-7
toure-8
djourou-7
clichy-7
theo-7
denilson-7.5
song-8
nasri-7.5
arshavin-8.5
bendy-7
diaby-6
vela-7
eboue-10 (+1 for the dance)

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom