• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Bolton Match Ratings

bigtimetopbanana

With the exception of RVP, I want to give all the players different marks for the first 60 and the last 30. All players for the first 60 mins get a 5. Completely different shape to the team and approach to get the ball in the area after Vela comes on, and everyone improves. Exactly the same as against Portsmouth.
Almunia 5/7
Sagna 5/7
Touré 5/7
Djourou 5/7
Clichy 5/7
Eboue 5/
Denilson 5/7
Diaby 5/na
Nasri 5/7 - it's too much to ask him to be both ballcarrier and creative player. Bringing Vela on provided a second creative midfielder and we thrived.
RVP 8/8 - thanks Robin, you are doing it every match now, and carrying Arsenal through a rough period.
Ade 3/3 - still the same idiot standing in an offside position all game, no awareness, lazy positional sense, average heading, poor control.

Vela na/8 - the catalyst. it's not just Vela himself, it's the way the team changes shape when the triumvirate of boredom (Diaby/Denilson/Eboue) is broken up that things happen. Loved it when he went it for two consequetive heavy challenges... he'll succeed where Reyes didn't.
Bendtner 7 - did the simple stuff well, the creativity that RVP can achieve is not there yet Nic !
Ramsey 7 - did his job well.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Almunia 4
Sagna 7
Touré 5
Djourou 6
Clichy 6

Eboue 5 - Had some decent moments.
Denilson 4 - Did he make a forward pass?
Diaby 4 - Too many misplaced passed.
Nasri 7 - Love this kid in the center. His movement and directness is exactly what we are lacking.

RVP 8 - Another genius amongts idiots. (as long as he's not a linkup)
Ade 2 - :?:

If I were Wenger, I'd keep Clichy, Sagna, Nasri & RVP and clear out the rest. Average ****s. (Might keep Toure cos I just love him).

qs

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Qs, Denilson 7?

I'm baffled as to the low ratings here. I thought his passing was good all game. He was sitting a bit too deep but he battled hard and had a nice, solid game at DM.

If Song had the same game everyone would be giving him 7s and 8s. Denilson filled the Song role today.

Oh and Bendtner was utter **** today apart from the goal.

Feet

Al - 6

Sagna - 6.5 (half mark off for **** crossing)
Toure - 7
Djourou - 7
Clichy - 6.5 (half mark off for **** crossing)

Eboue - another classic 6\10 performance from Eboue. He really our Mr Consistency (average).
Denilson - 7 - Only one bad pass, but he managed just fine against a very unambitious Bolton.
Diaby - 4 - So what position was Diaby playing? The advanced, attacking, creative midfield role? So why wasn't he making sure his position was inbetween the two banks of Bolton four? Why was he always standing sideways of Denilson or only a few feet in front of Denilson?
Nasri on the left - 6 - Doesn't have the pace or upper body stregth to take it to the byline. Not a winger but did his best.
Nasri in the middle - 8 - Lovely passes into the box and channels, received the ball in advanced areas and got in the hole. Did everything Diaby should have done and did it better anyway. Should have started there.

Ade - 6 - Missed two, one an absolute sitter. At the end of the day he's there to put them in the net and he didn't, come back soon Eddy, Ade needs some quality competition for his place.
RvP - 8.5 - Our only consistant threat throughout the match. Again, thank good ness for RvP coming back from injury like he has. He's still carrying us to points pretty much on his own.

Subs
Vela - 6.5 - Good running on and off the ball, though not much end product. Put it this way, he was our best "winger".
Bendtner - 6.5 - Getting the goal gave him an extra point. Apart from that nothing to see again for Nik. But he got the goal, produced an end product and that's the key.
Ramsey - NA

Wenger - 7 - Got it right in the end.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Almunia 4
Sagna 7
Toure 6
Djourou 6
Clichy 6
Eboue 5
Denilson 5
Diaby 4
Nasri 7
RVP 8
Ade 3

Bendtner 6
Vela 7

ricky1985

Established Member
Almunia - 6. Stupid decisions, and crap communication.

Sagna - 6. Solid at theback, crap crossing. Needs to improve that badly.

Toure - 6. Some good moments, but was woeful on a couple of Bolotn's crosses into the box.

Djourou - 6. Average today.

Clichy - 6. Pretty good at the back, but some terible passing and decision making int he final third. Although he did play in Van Persie for the goal.

Eboue - 5. Waste of a shirt. Beyond dreadful, offers didly squat to this team. I'd rather play Fabianski right-wing.

Diaby - 6. Some good moments here and ther. Some bad, bad sloppy ones as well. He looks like he is yearning to play those quick one-twos through the middle, but Denilson is not on the same page as him.

Denilson - 5. Typical Denilson performance. 25 nothing sideways passes, a handful of successful forward passes, and way too many failed passes. He is a complete liability in every sense of the word for this team.

Nasri - 7. Got better as the game went on. Needs players to work off in midfield and in Denilson, Diaby and Eboue he certainly didn't get it.

Van Persie - 7. Some great moments, and provided a decisive one in the end. Like Nasri needs players to work with, and didn't have that today.

Adebayor - 5. Utter dross. You can't miss a sitter like he did when it is that important. It just aint acceptable. Not giving the team what is required of him up front.

nazo

Established Member
Almunia 6, he's really worrying sometimes
Sagna 6, not much to do
Touré 6, not much to do
Djourou 6, not much to do
Clichy 6, not much to do
Eboue 6, tried but was pretty limited
Denilson 6, average
Diaby 5, started well but got worse fast
Nasri 6.5, **** first half, **** second until he was moved to cm
RVP 7.5, tried tried and tried and was our only spark in attack
Ade 5, passenger for the entire match

Bendtner 6, just for the goal
Vela 6, gave us a much needed left foot on the left wing

qs

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Diaby - 6. Some good moments here and ther. Some bad, bad sloppy ones as well. He looks like he is yearning to play those quick one-twos through the middle, but Denilson is not on the same page as him.

:lol: Diabys **** but its Denilsons fault. Nice one Ricky.

banduan

Established Member
Almunia 6 really dodgy by the aluminium one
Sagna 7 rock solid tackling but poor crosses
Toure 7 didn't need to do much so...
Djorou 6 looked dodgy but still solid enough
Clichy 6 full of energy but not accuracy
Eboue 7 Actually had a pretty decent game
Diaby 3 lost the ball about 10 times!
Denilson 7 solid, did his job well enough
Nasri 7 great, was a real creative dynamo
RVP 8 really up for it wasn't he? MotM
Ade 5 did good running, but quite aimless

vela 6 didn't do much except draw fouls
bendy 7 too far forward but he scored!
ramsey 5 just a bit overeager this lad

Wenger 5 for trusting in diaby, minus marks

ref 8 was actually rather good, there's respect!

FrankArsenal

I haven't seen the complete match but how Djourou gets a 6... I don't understand. While I was watching (10-55... then my internetconnection failed) he was solid and didn't make any mistakes. What else do you expect from a CB? His passing was good and I don't expect him to make many forward runs. Can a CB only get a 7 or higher when we're under pressure?

DaGunners

Established Member
Can't see why Vela gets such good ratings. Has been more or less useless whenever he has come on as a LW IMO.

GaelForce22

Established Member
Almunia 6 - Not much to do. Looked like he made a mistake in the first half but made up for it in the second with some good punches/catches.

Sagna 6 - Please learn to cross.
Djourou 8 - This is where the youth policy pays dividends, how much would it cost to buy someone as good as Djourou has been this season now? Dominated the air and the ground today.
Toure 7 - Good to have you back. Solid performance except for one dodgy mis-hit of a clearance.
Clichy 6 - Please learn to cross.

Eboue 4 - A passenger in the team. Offered absolutely nothing today.
Denilson 5 - Played his usual game. Against a team who puts 10 men behind the ball that is useless.
Diaby 5 - Tried to give us some creativity and failed miserably.
Nasri 6 - Offered us something different and was at the centre of most good things we did.

Adebayor 5 - Didn't seem up for it today. Should have took his chance quicker too.
Van Persie 9 - If he keeps up this kind of form, 25 goals is a possibility. This is the Van Persie we had been waiting for all those years.

Subs: Vela 6
Bendtner 6
Ramsey N/A

ricky1985

Established Member
qs said:
ricky1985 said:

:lol: Diabys s**t but its Denilsons fault. Nice one Ricky.

No, I didn't really mean it like that qs. I meant they don't combine well together, they're not on the same wavelength.

Diaby was **** because he was **** today, no excuses.

Dennis10

FrankArsenal said:
I haven't seen the complete match but how Djourou gets a 6... I don't understand. While I was watching (10-55... then my internetconnection failed) he was solid and didn't make any mistakes. What else do you expect from a CB? His passing was good and I don't expect him to make many forward runs. Can a CB only get a 7 or higher when we're under pressure?

I don't see the problem. 6 is a fine rating for a CB under minimal pressure who doesn't make mistakes.

GaelForce22

Established Member
Diaby deserves another chance, especially as he's just had two very good games in the middle. Plus Denilson's put in so many performances this season worse than Diaby's today (Fulham and Man City were the first that came to mind) and kept his place in the side.

ricky1985

Established Member
GaelForce22 said:
Diaby deserves another chance, especially as he's just had two very good games in the middle. Plus Denilson's put in so many performances this season worse than Diaby's today (Fulham and Man City were the first that came to mind) and kept his place in the side.

I just think those two (diaby and Denilson) don't click and are therfore not a good partnership.

Diaby was miles better with Ramsey the other day (even if the opposition was poorer - a brick walls, a brick wall at the end of the day).

Denilson works best with Song I'd say. i think Diaby would work well with Song also.

Ideally we'll get a top notch defensive midfielder at some point this month, and all of them will be able to work off him.

Muharraqawi

Almunia 5.5 - Didn't have much work, had one or two nervy moments in the first half but did his work when called upon

Sagna 6 - Sagna is by far our best defender but he really needs to work on his crossing, he was in the Bolton half for the whole game but still failed to send any decent crosses in.
Djourou 7.5 - Great performance from him was really solid throughout the game dominated both in the air and on the ground.
Touré 7 - A decent performance from him didn't have much to do and hopefully this match will help him build his fitness back, unlucky not to have scored.
Clichy 6 - Made some great runs with the ball but like Sagna he needs to work on his crossing, had a great battle with Davies in the first half.

Eboue 5 - Made some good passes but he really needs to up his game with Arshavin supposedly on his way, offered us very little and was anonymous throughout the game.
Denilson 6 - Didn't have a chance to influence the match, took care of some of the hopeless Bolton counter attacks.
Diaby 5 - Good at dribbling in small spaces again but his passes were just awful, still needs a lot of work to be first team material.
Nasri 6.5- Was wasted on the wing but really got into the game after moving to the centre of the midfield, needs to play more there.

Adebayor 5 - An awful display from him, shouldv'e shot earlier, linked up well with RVP on two occasions but still shouldv'e done a lot better.
Van Persie 8 - The MOTM by miles, tried to make things happen every time he had the ball and capped his performance by providing the winning goal, unlucky not to have scored.

Subs: Vela 7- Offered us something diffrent after coming on and he really changed the game again, needs to start more matches.
Bendtner 7- Was wasted on the right wing and he made a couple of bad passes but managed to score our winner, only plays well when coming off the bench.
Ramsey N/A

godfather

Almunia 6
Sagna 7
Touré 6
Djourou 7
Clichy 7
Eboue 7
Denilson 6
Diaby 5 Officially this guy can NOT pass and tackle.
Nasri 7
RVP 8
Ade 6

Bendtner 7
Vela 6

godfather

I thought Eboue did quite well today, especially when hes off the ball, really made some great runs to freed up his team mates.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom