• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Burnley Ratings

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Diaby was the only disappointing player that started. Everyone else should easily get a 6 and above. RVP on the other hand was pure ****. Slowed down play with his back to goal while attempting pointless dribbles in midfield. So irritating.

GaelForce22

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Djourou: 5 - Not the greatest of games. I think he's the kind of player who, just like Touré, needs continuity to perform though.
I'm not sure about that. At the start of the season he was fantastic whenever he came in for the odd game. But since the new year (or maybe the Liverpool game) he hasn't dominated the opposition in the same way. But like others he is young, learning and understandably inconsistent.
ibby said:
How can people rate Arshavin higher than Eboue?!?!?
Both played well but I thought Arshavin was better. Worked hard, was probably our most creative player, especially when the game was stretched and he got to play some glorious through balls to Theo and others.

A

Anonymous

the dawn raids said:
progman07 said:
Song - 7.5 wonder-assists, otherwise he was clumsy and gave the ball away too often

what game were you watching? he had two misplaced passes, but otherwise his distribution was excellent and he had a handful of vital defensive challenges. motm and quite easily.
i agree, I wonder what game some were watching...I remember one real misplaced pass, when he was trying to pick eboue out on the right flank...other than that his play was almost flawless: ran back and covered well with numerous interceptions around the box, threw himself in front a couple shots to block, great passing and distribution, as usual was good in the air in midfield, and showed a lot of touch and flair, and also work rate...what game were some watching? HE had an almost perfect game in all three thirds of the field.

Wryer

Fabianski 6 - Flapped a couple of times. Not too good, Wookash.

Sagna 7 - Made some runs, and as usual, defensively solid. Great cross for Eduardo.
Djourou 7.5 -I thought he was absolutely dominant in the air. Made a boo boo run in the first half.
Gallas 7.5 - Sound and calm. Same as Djourou, made a boo boo run and lost the ball.
Gibbs 7 - Solid. But backed off too many times for my liking. Great backup for Clichy.

Eboue 8.0 - Very good energy, and none of those crazy moments. Fizzed off in the 2nd half. Great goal to cap it off.
Diaby 7 - A little too casual at times. But had a few Vieira-eque moments again. He needs to further hone his defensive, which I admit is getting better.
Song 8.5 - Very impressive showing. In fact, he looked better offensively than defensively. But all in all, very balanced game. Still moves a little too slowly for my liking. ;)
Arshavin 7.5 - Hmmm, played a few nice through balls, but also should have passed on one occasion. Defended when required. Doing well at the moment. I think he looks better on the right and up front.

Vela 8.5 - Clever touches and movement. He troubled the defence whenever the ball is played to him. ICE COOL FINISH.
Eduardo 8.5 - Copy, paste from Vela. ICE COOL FINISH. Should have put away the header though.

Walcott 6.5 - Looks a little tentative. But I'll take that.
Ramsey 5.5 - Very disappointing cameo. Horribly off. We looked like 10 men after he came on.

godfather

Fabianski 5.5

Sagna 7
Gallas 7
Djourou 7
Gibbs 7

Eboue 7
Diaby 7
Song 8 Best game in arsenal shirt
Arshavin 8

Vela 8
Eduardo 8

Subs: Van Persie 6
Walcott 6
Ramsey 6

A

Anonymous

Shadow Moses said:
Diaby was the only disappointing player that started. Everyone else should easily get a 6 and above. RVP on the other hand was pure s**t. Slowed down play with his back to goal while attempting pointless dribbles in midfield. So irritating.
yes what was up with him, I can understand dropping deep to get involved when the game isn't open..but there was no need for him to get back so deep..also pushing Ramsey off the ball in central midfield wasn't called for, esepcially when the result was nothing decisive but a simple pass to the flank, and then refusing to pass with Ramsey crashing the box unmarked...Ramsey must have his wife's eye :D and the less said about his unmarked swipe in the box from theo's cross, the better...

Oh ratings:

Fab - 6, good but shaky

Gibbs - 6.5, decent performance, looks a good prospect

Gallas - 6.5,looked like he was thinking about what's for dinner, at times in the first half, got his concentration back though.

Djourou - 6, OK/Decent

Sanga - 7, good solid pro performance. displayed better crossing than recently.

Diaby - 6.5, some good things some bad things, but overall good trickery and thrust.

Song 9, MOTM

Eboue 7.5, good performance, well taken goal

Arshavin 7, great eye for a pass, should have many more assists by now in these last few games.

Eduardo - 7.5 great finish, some neat flicks and tricks, will find his shaprness.

Vela - 7.5 great finish, some neat tricks and flicks...needs to find something remebling a right foot.

Subs,

Theo - 6.5, looked dangerous, but decisions let him down as usual, though I'll give him a pass becuase it's his first match back, so...6.75

Ramsey - 5.5, looked nervy in a game that was wide open and already won, RVP did him no favours and seemed to have him unsettled.

RVP - 5, poor.

the dawn raids

Established Member
progman07 said:
ibby said:
Those giving Arshavin high scores did not watch the same game as me.
those who don't give him high ratings should have given Nasri less than 6 in the most of his games this year

the dawn raids said:
progman07 said:
Song - 7.5 wonder-assists, otherwise he was clumsy and gave the ball away too often

what game were you watching? he had two misplaced passes, but otherwise his distribution was excellent and he had a handful of vital defensive challenges. motm and quite easily.
He was one of the reasons we didn't dominate so much in the first half. Also, I saw his good tackles, but I also saw him getting beaten at speed and give away needless free kicks. I didn't say he was bad, I mentioned he had two great assists.

any time he was beaten today he recovered well, and the few fouls he gave away werent in prominent positions.

i have no problems admitting i was one of songs biggest supporters going into the year, nor do i have problems admitting hes been subpar this season. and this in no way directed at you prog, but its a very symptomatic trait of this board that common opinions go on to be treated as gospel. reputation precedes itself far too often, in past quality and in past poor play. song starts slowly, then goes onto have a fantastic 70 minutes; eduardo doesnt do much but scores a superb goal (assisted by guess who i might add) and hes been scored higher by some people? :roll:

the selective memory will probably never change; opinions dont sway easily, and no one expects them to id imagine. but i do wish there would be a little more objectivism shown here on occasion. although i will say van persie has been given less and less of a free pass lately, and while he still has his staunch loyalists i think that can only be seen as a good thing for this board.

True Gooner

Established Member
Fabianski 6 - Few shaky moments, his distribution was excellent though - particularly from throws

Sagna 7
Gallas 6.5
Djourou 5.5
Gibbs 6.5

Eboue - 7.5 - Finally managed to score once he got into the right position. Loved how everyone rushed up to him once he scored. Sometimes I can't help feeling sorry for him.
Song - 8 - Best game in recent years
Diaby - 7
Arshavin - 7 - Average in the first half, brilliant in the second.

Vela 7.5
Eduardo 7.5 - That goal was ridiculous. The level of technical ability involved to pull off something like that....**** me!

Subs
van Persie 5 - Slowed down everything we did
Walcott 6 - Rusty, should have had a goal/assist though
Ramsey - Didn't even notice him

DOUBLE-YOU

it's amazing how the games looks different when you watch it on tv and when you watch in the stands. i went to the game in the first half i was getting really frustrated with both centre midfield players. neither wanted the ball and when they got it, they took too long to make a pass. on first half alone both diaby and song deserved 5.

i'd also be interested to see eboue's stats for this game, as once again he ran into good positions but ended up giving the ball away. he seemed lazy, as when we were defending he the furthest player forward. Eduardo and Vela done a lot of covering for him.

the game did highlight the importance of having a good finisher. we didn't start the game well, but we got a goal in the first half which settled the players. the gamee started very similar to games against sunderland and fulham. if we could finish early chances in those games we would be fourth.

anyway here's my ratings

Fabianski
- 5 (looked inexperienced)
Sagna - 7 (defended well and went forward well)
Gallas - 7 (a couple of slips, but in general commanded the defence well)
Djourou - 7 (won a lot of headers and interceptions)
Gibbs - 7.5 (played with a lot of energy)
Eboue - 7.5 (he scored a good goal and ran into dangerous positions even though end product wasn't always there)
Song - 8 (poor first half but he took more responsibility in the 2nd and hed 2 outstanding assists)
Diaby - 5 (never really at it today)
Arshavin - 6 (no one is on his level yet. didn't get enough of the ball)
Eduardo - 7 (worked hard andhis goal was awesome)
Vela - 7.5 (brilliant goal and was very busy)

Gurgen

Established Member
Fabianski 6
Sagna 7
Gallas 7
Djourou 5
Gibbs 8
Eboue 8
Diaby 6
Song 9
Arshavin 7
Vela 7
Eduardo 8

lagos

Established Member
Fabianski 6 -

Sagna 7
Gallas 7
Djourou 6
Gibbs 7

Eboue - 7.5
Song - 8.5
Diaby - 7
Arshavin - 6
Vela 7
Eduardo 10 'cos that goal deserves a 10

Subs
van Persie 5
Walcott 5 -
Ramsey - 5

Tony Montana

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Kraig said:
ibby said:
How can people rate Arshavin higher than Eboue?!?!?

cause this forum hates him

Spot on.

So you grade players according to how much you like them?

Ridiculous.

That's why I don't take these threads seriously.

Song, MOTM.

Arshavin, Poor.

Eboue, 6.5. He would have got higher had he not dived twice.

otfgoon

Established Member
Considering Arshaving could have ended up with 3 or 4 assits today with some of his defence splitting passes, along with his willingness to close down, track back and the fact that other than his corners he was generally solid, I think its a little harsh to say he was "poor". I know he's capable of a lot more but still, harsh.

progman07

Established Member
Maybe some of you guys were going for beer while Arshavin played those perfect through balls and you missed them, but I really think those alone are worth at least a 7. When was the last time a player played so many killer passes in one game?

I hope that the tendency to rate Cesc lower because you are expecting more from him doesn't catch on Arshavin. Just because you are waiting for goals and big runs it doesn't mean you should forget his other contributions. He did a great job at what his role was: creating.

Unforgiven

Established Member
Fabianski 6
Sagna 7.5
Gallas 7.5
Djourou 6
Gibbs 8
Eboue 8
Diaby 8
Song 8.5
Arshavin 7.5
Vela 8
Eduardo 8.5

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Fabianski 6 - looked shaky even though he didn't have many saves to make.

Sagna 7.5 - looked as solid as always and delivered a couple of decent crosses. A real peach for eduardo.

Gallas 7.5 - was imperious today. Burnley hardy lookedlike get through our defence.

Djourou 6.5 - pretty assured on comfortable on the ball.

Gibbs 6 - got caught out of position too much and would be punished by better opposition. ood on the ball though

Song 8 - did his defensive job and did a mixture of simple and adventureous passing. One of his best performances. 2 neat assists!!!

Diaby 7 - good on the ball and did a lot of unoticed defensive work. To be critial he didn't create much.

Eboue 7 - was good today, got in good positions and took his goal well.

Arshavin 7 - quiter today, but a few glimpses of brilliance. knocked 0.5 off for his swful corners!

Vela 7 - what a finish and looked sharp.

Eduardo 7.5 - started quietly but grew into the game, excellent link up play and goal. looked sharp.

van Persie 6 - not one of his better cameos. Unlucky to have a goal disallowed.

Walcott 6.5 - looked very sharp say he's been out solong. Should have had an assist, could/should have scored. Good to see him back.

Ramsey 5.5 - not very good today.

asajoseph

Established Member
Having been at the game, I'd go with the following:

Fabianski - 6 - Distributed well, and reasonably tidy, apart from his mickey-mouse punch

Sagna - 6 - Solid defending, despite not being remotely helped by Eboue, but awful crossing, as is the norm these days.

Djourou - 5 - Poor overall - too many slips at the back. Some nice tackles, but along with Gallas, didn't seem remotely composed.

Gallas - 5 - Same as Djourou - a handful of nice tackles didn't make up for some bizarre decision making and errors. Both of them got caught out a few too many times.

Gibbs - 6 - One superb run forwards that deserved at least a shot, and otherwise pretty solid. Back four looked creaky as a collective though.

Eboue - 7 - Nicely taken goal, and a couple of good runs. Wenger summed him up nicely at the end, re: lacking composure (nice to know that Arsène HAS actually spotted this!), but I'm glad he took a chance eventually. Hopeless tracking back though, and his contribution was too patchy. Faded in and out of the game.

Diaby - 5 - Some nice tackles, but really seemed to lack the effort right from the start. Still much too sloppy.

Song - 8 - Started very poorly, along with Diaby, but grew in stature as the game wore on and Burnley lost heart. Two great assists, and some crucial tackles at the back. Needs to work on his consitency in posession, but overall played very well.

Arshavin - 7 - Still doesn't quite look capable of going strong for more than about 70 minutes, but some absolutely sensational passing from him set up some great opportunities.

Vela - 8 - Some excellent runs in behind, and were he a little stronger could maybe have got more than just the single goal. That said, another exquisite chip, and did a great job giving his midfield an outlet (when they bothered to try to win the ball).

Eduardo - 7 - An intelligent performance, capped by a sensational goal. Not involved in the goalmouth action quite as much as Vela whilst he was on. Very good game though, and great to see him get another goal.

Subs:

Van Persie - 6 - Tidy, but unspectacular performance, including taking a couple of shots when he might have passed. I gather his 'goal' should not have been ruled out, but a tidy performance under little pressure.

Walcott - 6 - His pace proved to cause problems right from the start, and should have done better with the chances he had. That said, he looked reasonably sharp after being out for such a time - should be set up nicely to play in the week now.

Ramsey - 6 - Tidy, but unspectacular in the middle. Chased back well at first, but otherwise didn't really get stuck in enough.

General

Established Member
Fabianski - 5 – Terrible kicking in the second half but otherwise did ok

Sagna - 6 - Decent and untroubled for the most part. Final ball still not good enough

Djourou - 5 – Starting to show some Senderos-like lapses in concentration and too overly physical at times. Composure on the ball is good.

Gallas - 5 – Did his job. Looked a yard off the pace at times.

Gibbs – 7 – Very good and improving all the time.

Eboue - 6 – Decent. His constant thrashing of the ball had to come off at some point.

Diaby - 6 – Sound and showed some good defensive awareness. Looks unspectacular when doing the dirty work and it’s a good sign of progress.

Song - 8 – Solid. One of his better performances.

Arshavin - 7 - Improving in fitness all the time. Always looks bright.

Vela - 8 – Quality goal.

Eduardo - 8 – Played intelligently and always on the move.

Subs

Van Persie - 5 – Did ok. Goal should’ve stood.

Walcott - 6 - As pacy as ever and always looking to get behind the defence. Probably should’ve finished off that one chance.

Ramsey – 5 – Tidy and a much better composed performance. He deserves no more than little cameos here and there.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom