• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Fulham - EPL - Sat 26th November - 5:30pm - ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Now that we've managed to seal qualification to the next round of the CL, attention is turned back to the league with another home game, and it's a late kick-off against Fulham this Saturday. This is our last league game in November before the visit of Man City in the Carling cup the following Tuesday.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Think we'll need changes for this one, that was a tough game tonight.

Maybe start with RVP on the bench, and possibly give Yossi a start out wide or at AM. Would like to see Yossi get more minutes, really think he can offer us something.

Nice 2-0 would do great here.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Think we'll see some changes for this:

Szczesny

Koscielny
Mertesacker
Vermaelen
Santos

Ramsey
Song
Benayoun

Walcott
RvP
Arshavin

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
yup i will go for resting rvp, and give chamakh or park i hope to go, fulham in awful form we will beat them, kosh need rest too but its hard i dont want djourou play.

chesney

kosh merte verms santos

song arteta

walcott ramsey yossi

park/chamakh

3-0 rvp will score of course when he come in at 2nd half lol.

Kain

Established Member
Tough to know who to rest, would like to see the same backline with Song in front of them, very good against Dortmund.

Arteta didn't play during the international break so he should recover well, there is also the added game versus Man City later during midweek, will Wenger keep his youth policy or will he go for a mixed team.

I think the league points are just to important right now, we've reacted so well since the Sp**s loss, must keep the momentum going.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Definitely would make some changes over today, want to see more of Benayoun and maybe even some Diaby.

Koscielny - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Santos

----------- Song - Arteta

--------------Benayoun

Walcott -------------------------- Gervinho

--------------Van Persie

I considered dropping Gervinho for Arshavin, but I really think Gervinho need some confidence. Benayoun over Ramsey. Arteta needs to get back into his stride after 2 weeks rest, and i want to keep that back 7 together.

GOONER1991

Established Member
If I'm honest. I feel a slip up coming. Perhaps I feel everything at the moment is too good to be true.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Gervinho definitely needs a goal, can't buy one at the minute.

I'll be surprised if we start RVP again, we really have to start making use of the 2 CF's sitting around doing nothing. He did look heavy-legged towards the end tonight I thought.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Must w.....nah, scrap that.

Wenger has to rotate for this one, today's game surely drained some of the regulars like Robin, Arteta, Ramsey, Gerv or Song.
Would bring in Benayoun, Park, maybe Rosicky if fit.

Three points for this and then all the attention to a vital game vs City next week.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Fulham have an abysmal record away. 1 win in 09/10. 3 wins in 10/11 and just 1 win so far this season.

Anything other than a win would be disastrous. I'd change the line-up a bit but not too much as some will get rested in the league cup. Kos and Arteta looked like they got knocks,rest them, and maybe change one of the front three.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

GOONER1991 said:
If I'm honest. I feel a slip up coming. Perhaps I feel everything at the moment is too good to be true.
I can see it being Wigan away, happened last year when we played our second string and drew 2-2, was ****ing furious watching it. Hope we learn something and send the first team!

Y va marquer

Established Member
As long as we keep improving as a defensive unit we'll weather whatever is ahead.
Effectively that means no Djourou.
Start with the back four unchanged with protection in midfield from Song and Arteta.

Possibly do the unthinkable and keep van Persie on the bench to be sprung if needed.

That's a risk but we may have to take it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Is this another must win game? :lol:

A few will have to be rested, but Fulham can't be taken lightly.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'd only rest RvP in the cup games ATM, wait until we have an adequate backup so we can rest him without worrying, that'll be January then. :wink:

phaedrus

I don't think we need to rest RVP for this as he certainly won't play in the CC on Tuesday. I think Benayoun and possibly Arshavin will come into the team. With our new-found defensive solidity, it's hard to predict anything other than a win.

La Sagna

Established Member
Pretty sure X will start for Gervinho and DJ for Koscielny. Kos has played a lot recently. Maybe Benayoun for Ramsey too. Would like to give A Santos a rest too if possible. Van Persie will start

Shez-DJ-Mert-Verm-X
Song-Arteta-Diaby
Theo-Van Persie- Benayoun

Bench- GK, Ramsey, Gervinho, Koscielny, Diaby, Chamakh and Arshavin

Irish_Owen

Established Member
Please, please, please no Djourou.

And if not, I'd be pretty confident of a win for this one. Not that I hate these late home games on ESPN, which always seem to have an air of bad luck about them.

David Smith

Established Member
Djourou was to blame for the goal conceded today, cheaply gave away possession in our penalty box. I wouldn't like to see him starting.

Every PL game is a 'must win'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom