• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Hull| FA Cup Q/F| 17.3.09 19:45| SETANTA SPORTS 1

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
arsenal_logo.jpg
VS
TIGERSlogoTMresized.jpg

I would go with:

-------------Fabianski

Sagna---Gallas---Djourou---Gibbs

Eboue---Denilson--Diaby---Arshavin

---------van Persie---Vela

However I think Eduardo will start if he is fit.

ricky1985

Established Member
I reckon we'll see this line-up;

----------------Fabianski

------------Toure------Djourou
Eboue------------------------------Gibbs

------------Diaby-------Song
Walcott--------------------------Arshavin

------------Eduardo------Vela

Could be good.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I would be happy with that line-up, Ricky. Sagna could do with a rest, but I would be very surprised if van Persie and Gallas were left on the bench again.

Unforgiven

Established Member

------------Gallas------Djourou

------------Diaby-------Denilson
Walcott--------------------------Nasri

------------RVP------Arshavin

I would want to play that, then in the second half introduce Vela/Eduardo and maybe rest Arshavin/Walcott/Nasri for the rest of the game.

Looking at this game we do actually have some depth in our squad, we at least have about 1 good play on our bench:p. We need to thrash Hull, show them that last time it was a one-off. Arsène resting RVP for the whole of the last game shows he wants Hull to get destroyed.

Asterix

Established Member
It will be interesting to see if Nik gets a run from the start. I see both line-ups above left him out, but I'm not sure Wenger will drop him. Arshavin and Walcott are bound to present him with plenty of chances, and he has to put one or two away soon.

Unforgiven

Established Member
Bendtner played the entire game yesterday, unless Eduardo is back I think he will start at least. I am not sure if I do want him to play when his finishing was something from another planet yesterday.

KY

Established Member
Agree with your lineup GoonerGurjit except i think Song will start alongside Diaby instead of Denilson in midfield. Mind you Denilson has played a lot in the past 2 games...

Unforgiven

Established Member
Song could probably start. Credit to him he has been on really good form for the past few games, he was good yesterday.

TomasCR

Established Member
I would go with GG´s line-up, but I would swap Denilson for Song too. Don´t know if Clichy should be given a rest, but it looks like Gibbs has earned himself a start, so why not. Wenger´s said he can now rotate a little bit as the squad is bigger, so Gallas, RvP and Diaby are all in and rightly so.

Maybe Walcott could play from the beginning, he needs to get back to his best. Hard to say, but it´ll be more like Eboue out in 60th and Walcott in.

I´ll be satisfied with whoever starts though, there is no one I have anything against at the moment. Even Ramsey wouldn´t be a bad option to be honest. Song, Diaby and Denilson have been showing some good stuff lately, the same goes for Vela and Bendtner, who is however likely to be left out.

Good times. :)

M+D

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
I reckon we'll see this line-up;

------------Touré------Djourou

------------Diaby-------Song
Walcott--------------------------Arshavin

------------Eduardo------Vela

Could be good.

I would go for that as well, but as GG said van Persie will surely start, so one of Vela and Eduardo won't start the game, and I suppose Gallas will also come back in instead of Djourou.

progman07

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Any chance of Ramsey getting a start?
Don't think so, this game is an absolute must, and we can afford to play rested players like Diaby.

I'd play this:

Fabianski

Eboue Djourou Toure Gibbs

Theo Denilson Song Arshavin

Vela RvP/Eduardo

Not too many changes, as this bunch is high on confidence.

stuart

Established Member
If Eduardos up to it id love him to start. As mentioned already Theo and Arshavin will create plenty and he's the man to tuck the chances away. Actually really looking forward to this. We've started finding the net again, and providing Theo and Arshavin start i see no reason why we cant score a few again against Hull. They will need to raise their game to avoid a hammering

GaelForce22

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
I'd be surprised. Since the Cardiff game he's made just one sub appearance hasn't he? It's a shame as he's not going to get many more chances till the end of the season if he's not starting games like this.

And GG's team from the first post is what I think we'll see if Eduardo isn't fit.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
GaelForce22 said:
GoonerGurjit said:
I'd be surprised. Since the Cardiff game he's made just one sub appearance hasn't he? It's a shame as he's not going to get many more chances till the end of the season if he's not starting games like this.
Much as I like and rate Ramsey, this isn't the time to be handing out 'experience' starts. We're into the business end of the season and we need to be putting out our strongest side as often as we can.

otfgoon

Established Member
I'd like to see

Fabianski

Sagna Billy Djourou Gibbs

Walcott Diaby Song Arshavin

van Persie Vela

Introduce Eduardo as a sub and start him against Newcastle.

number_0

Established Member
We will probably see
fabianski
sagna gallas toure clichey
eboue denilson diaby arshavin
van persie bendtner

thats a good team with a respectable bench, hull isnt the team to beat anymore, since the last time we played, they only won once, we should see this match off easily.
lets hope for no Cupsets here.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom