• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Hull Match Ratings

arsmile

Established Member
fab-8
sagna-8
gallas-8.5
djourou-6.5
gibbs-7.5
theo-5
song-7
diaby-7
arshavin-9
vela-6
vanpersie-7.5
bendtner-8
nasri-8
eboue-6

i think the subs really made the difference.

Gurgen

Established Member
Fabianski 7 - Kept us in it when he saved Geovanni's free kick.
Sagna 6 - Can do better.
Gallas 8 - Very solid and got the winner too.
Djourou 4 - This guy is such a muppet. He will never be a centre back. Scared of the ball, scared of the opponent, awful in the air despite being a giant. Also note how he always gives away a corner when defending in the channels.
Gibbs 6 - Struggled defensively, but not a bad performance.
Walcott 5 - Poor game. Dribbled into players and his crossing was shocking too.
Diaby 6 - Very bad for 65 minutes, but improved when Song went off.
Song 8 - Another excellent game from King Song.
Arshavin 8 - Took 20 minutes to get involved, but outstanding from then on. That pass to Gibbs was amazing.
Vela 7 - I actually thought he had a good game. He shielded the ball well and rarely lost it. Couldn't get into dangerous areas though.
RvP 6 - Hardly did anything right, but hit the bar and got the goal at the end.

Nasri 7 - Injected pace into our passing game.
Bendtner 8 - Got himself involved, unlucky not to score.
Eboue N/A

asajoseph

Established Member
Was in the front row, upper south for this one - first time I've ever sat so far forward, and had a fantastic view. Shame about the huge number of empty seats directly below me, because it really allowed Hull's fans to create the atmosphere for the most part of the game, especially as they spent 70 minutes celebrating.

Anyway...

Fabianski: - 8 - One fantastic save, and dominated in the air (and the whole box) towards the end, when the pressure was on and we were relying on him to keep calm. Some slightly nervy moments coming out of the box, but pulled them all off without too many problems.

Sagna - 5 - Defensively ok, but awful going forward. Gave Walcott no support at all, and his crossing was dire.

Djourou - 5 - Not sure he was THAT bad, but didn't really seem solid, and let Manucho and Geovanni get too much of the ball.

Gallas - 6 - Didn't form the most reassuring of partnerships with Djourou, but great to see his reaction when he got the goal.

Gibbs - 6 - Broke forward reasonably well, but caught out at the back a few times as well.

Walcott - 6 - Struggled a bit in the first half, though had no support behind him. Caused much more in the way of problems in the second though.

Diaby - 6 - 4/10 for the first 70 minutes, when he didn't really gel with Song, and we ended up far too flat for most of the game. Was walking around with his head down, not seeming to bother. 8/10 for the last 20 minutes, when someone seemed to put a rocket up his arse, and he was charging around making tackles and moving the ball much more quickly.

Song - 7 - Seemed unlucky to be taken off instead of Diaby, as he was tackling and distributing the ball fairly well. Perhaps it was a fitness issue, but he was my MOTM for the first half.

Arshavin - 8 - Started very slowly, but as things picked up he exerted more and more of an influence. Very cool head for the assist, where others might have rushed a shot.

Vela - 5 - Really struggled to get involved, and looked too weak against a Hull side who defended well and were more than happy to put their shoulder in. One nice run was all that was really memorable, on a fairly off night.

Van Persie - 5 - Another quiet performance, forced to come very deep to pick up the ball. Didn't have too much impact further up the pitch.

Subs - Nasri - 7 - Made a solid impact when he came on, and made us more threatening through the middle.

Bendtner - 8 - Made a massive difference - gave us someone to aim for up front, played directly, and caused problems in and around the area. Should take most of the credit for our breakthrough goal.

Eboue - 6 - Unspectacular, but solid - hardly had much time.

G0D

Almighty
Fabianski - 7 - Did what was required, jus unlucky to concede with the deflection.
Sagna - 7 - Solid.
Gallas - 8 - Solid and got the winner.
Djourou - 6 - Didn't have that great a game, seems to work much better with Toure.
Gibbs - 6 - Reasonable enough.
Walcott - 5 - Not good enough, Had little space to make use of his pace and his contribution seemed to always be run down the wing and cross, which just did not suit Vela or RVP.
Diaby - 5 - Distribution was horrible.
Song - 5 - Distribution was horrible.
Arshavin - 9 - Unlucky not to score and got an assist, was always threatening.
Vela - 5 - Was never really in the game, RVP dropped deep too much and Vela was too isolated on his own.
van Persie - 7 - Got the equaliser and ended up with a reasonable contribution, but dropped far too deep first half.

Bendtner - 7 - Actually showed some grit and agression, reasonable enough impact for him.
Nasri - 8 - The team changed dramatically when he came on and we then had someone who could actually pass in the middle of the pitch.
Eboue - 7 - Meh.

sesquioxide

sabret00the said:
sesquioxide said:
I wasn't able to catch the match and was only reading the comments, so I wouldn't know for sure. But one thing I noted throughout the game were comments criticizing how badly van Persie had played. Why is he getting 6-7? Are the comments during the game wrong, or is it something else?????
He worked hard but kept plugging away. People will tell you s**t like he was better in the second half but he wasn't, he merely dropped deeper in order to compensate for the absentee midfield. He done nearly everything right throughout the game and with better service could've had a goal glut but Diaby and Song kept trying to feed him balls over the top or at the corner flags.

Once Nasri came on and started feeding the ball to feet/along the ground, it was like watching a different player, a lot of intelligent runs.

That's a fair analysis then. He shouldn't be slammed with bad ratings if the people in the midfield pulling the strings couldn't properly move the ball up front (as they so often do). Thanks.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom