• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Hull Match Ratings

Kraig

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
Kraig said:
Fabianski 7
Sagna 7
Gallas 8
Djourou 5
Gibbs 8
Walcott 6
Diaby 6 (crap first half, average in the second. mopped up well though)
Song 5 (awful performance)
Arshavin 9 (one hell of a player, i dont think we knew how good he really was!)

Vela 4 (worst player on the pitch, offered nothing!)
RVP 6 (poor again)

Subs
Bendtner 7.5 (changed the game)
Nasri 7
Eboue 6

Song was VERY solid.

i just didnt really see anything from him other than sloppy passing and sideways passes that denilson has been shredded for all season long. ill rewatch tomorrow though and may change my mind. for me though, on first showing, our central midfield offered nothing offensive and was just about acceptable defensively

gstew

Everyone is giving RVP bad ratings. But we should consider his contribution in perspective, not according to his potential:

1 heavily contested header off the crossbar
1 header cleared off the line by a defender
1 free kick curled perfectly around the wall that would have scored if Myhill didn't react so early
1 finished goal

Was average otherwise. Is that not a pretty decent game for a striker? I think that we are being a bit more critical than is truly justified.

Kraig

Established Member
gstew said:
Everyone is giving RVP bad ratings. But we should consider his contribution in perspective, not according to his potential:

1 heavily contested header off the crossbar
1 header cleared off the line by a defender
1 free kick curled perfectly around the wall that would have scored if Myhill didn't react so early
1 finished goal

Was average otherwise. Is that not a pretty decent game for a striker? I think that we are being a bit more critical than is truly justified.

i think its more that if you take bendtners contribution in fewer minutes was just as impactful. plus at times he didnt seem to want to do anything but argue with the ref. he has his moments and, hell, he scored! so cant argue i guess. just used to better from robin.

Lukazan

Established Member
Fabianski 7
Sagna 7
Gallas 7
Djouro 7
Gibbs 6
Walcott 6
Diaby 6
Song 7
Arshavin 7
Vela 4
RVP 5

Bendtner 7
Nasri 6
Eboue 6

Legend#1

Established Member
Kraig said:
Legend#1 said:
Kraig said:
Fabianski 7
Sagna 7
Gallas 8
Djourou 5
Gibbs 8
Walcott 6
Diaby 6 (crap first half, average in the second. mopped up well though)
Song 5 (awful performance)
Arshavin 9 (one hell of a player, i dont think we knew how good he really was!)

Vela 4 (worst player on the pitch, offered nothing!)
RVP 6 (poor again)

Subs
Bendtner 7.5 (changed the game)
Nasri 7
Eboue 6

Song was VERY solid.

i just didnt really see anything from him other than sloppy passing and sideways passes that denilson has been shredded for all season long. ill rewatch tomorrow though and may change my mind. for me though, on first showing, our central midfield offered nothing offensive and was just about acceptable defensively

You're thinking of Diaby.

Song had to do the job of 2 men because of the utter ineptness of Diaby.

Kraig

Established Member
i actually thought diaby was better defensively. but hell, they were both equally inept i guess. regardless, neither are the answer.

j'nuh

Fabianski - 7
Sagna - 6
Gallas - 8
Djourou - 5
Gibbs - 7
Arshavin - 9
Song - 8
Diaby - 7
Walcott - 6
Vela - 6
RvP - 7

ricky1985

Established Member
I'm an absolutely massive Arshavin fan, but was he really that good tonight?

I thought there were a number of times where he should have committed the fullback more, drove at them a bit more with the ball. I watched it in the pub on St. Paddy's day so I could be wrong about this.

Fabiasnki - 7. Nothing really to do, other than play the sweeper-keeper role, and he did that exceptionally well.

Sagna - 6. Did what he had to with little fuss. Played in third gear all night.

Gallas - 6. Missed the celebration everyone is going on about, but I thought his defensive game wasn't great tonight. Like Sagna, played in third gear.

Djourou - 5. Appaling to be honest. His great form from pre-Christmas is long gone, and he is now letting himself down, badly. Showed how much we miss a resurgent Toure today.

Gibbs - 6. Not a great performance, but showed he can cut it at this level.

Walcott - 5. Terrible touch, for most of the time. Hopefully it was just rustiness.

Diaby - 5. Some great touches, but flattered to decieve - BIG TIME. Inept performance tactically.

Song - 6. Better of the two centre midfielders, but not great. Ironically we missed Denilson tonight.

Arshavin - 7. Some great moments, and that volley was sensational. Another third-gearer for me.

Van Persie - 6. I'm now back on the 'Van Persie slows our game down and ruins our fluidity' train, that I was on before his amazing January. Yes, I'm a fickle bastard apparently, but he is really annoying me now.

Vela - 5. Asked to lead the line and wasn't up to it.

General

Established Member
This team is so easily rattled it’s untrue. We are superior in every single area of the pitch and one way or the other Hull were going to yield. We go a goal down and suddenly people start losing their ****ing heads, Robin especially acting like a total nutter. We will be up against it if we go to Newcastle with that attitude in the first half. Anyway..

Fabianski - 6 - Ok but nearly conceded a second due to some terrible decision making

Sagna - 6 - Decent. Would be nice to see him defend on the front foot like he did last season.

Gallas- 8 Solid. One of the few players with urgency in his game from the outset.

Djourou- 5 Poor concentration and too slow to react at times. Keep your eye on the ball Johan NOT the man.

Gibbs - 6 Some naivety issues but did well.

Arshavin - 7 Intelligent approach play and never panics inside the box.

Song - 7 Solid.

Diaby - 5 - A few sandwiches short of a picnic. Hopeless but second half performance was better

Theo - 6.5 - Too predictable at times but his can do will do attitude will always take him far.

Robin - 6 Started losing his head in the first half when calm was needed - captain nutjob. Like most, improved after the break and goal was well taken.

Vela - 6 Caught on the fringes of the game and dwelled on the ball far too long at times.

Subs:

Bendy - 6.5
Eboue - 6.5
Nasri - 6.5

sabret00the

Established Member
Fabianski - 7
Sagna - 7
Gallas - 8
Djouro - 6
Gibbs - 7
Walcott - 6
Diaby - 4
Song - 5
Shavva - 8
Vela - 6
van Persie - 7

Bendtner - 7
Nasri - 7
Eboue - 7

hackajack

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Djourou - 5. Appaling to be honest. His great form from pre-Christmas is long gone, and he is now letting himself down, badly. Showed how much we miss a resurgent Touré today.
He was shocking, 4 tops.

James

Established Member
Fabianski 7
Sagna 7
Djourou 5
Gallas 8
Gibbs 7
Walcott 6
Song 5
Diaby 5
Arshavin 8
Vela 5
Van Persie 7

Bendtner 7
Nasri 7

graham_ka

Established Member
Fabs-7
Sagna-7
Djourou-5
Gallas-8
Gibbs-7.5
Song-6
Diaby-6.5
Walcott-6.5
Arshavin-8
RVP-7
Vela-6

Bendter-7
Nasri-7

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
GaelForce22 said:
Reilly and his assistants 0

Fabianski 6 - Took the sweeping role to heart but was poor on crosses again.

Sagna 7 - No problems. Linked up well with Theo at times.
Gallas 7 - Saved the day again. Was solid in defence.
Djourou 4 - Has lost all of the good form that he had before Christmas. Worst game since the 1-1 against Sp**s last year.
Gibbs 6 - Didn't look out of his depth. A couple of good runs forward too.

Walcott 6 - Saturday we saw the Theo we love. Today was the frustrating Theo of the past, but he still caused Hull lots of problems.
Diaby 5 - Some good defensive work but lost the ball so often.
Song 7 - Continued his good form.
Arshavin 8 - Ace. Quiet in the first half and it didn't look like he was fully fit but was once again the best man on the field.

Vela 5 - Against deep lying defences he seems to struggle. Not surprising that he came off.
Van Persie 6 - Very poor in the first half, excellent in the second.

Nasri 7 Bendtner 7
This, this, this. Can't understand where the high scores for Diaby and Djourou in some posts came from.

sesquioxide

I wasn't able to catch the match and was only reading the comments, so I wouldn't know for sure. But one thing I noted throughout the game were comments criticizing how badly van Persie had played. Why is he getting 6-7? Are the comments during the game wrong, or is it something else?????

hackajack

Established Member
He was very poor in the first half but kept plugging away, scored a goal and could have had a couple more. (He also said something to Riley that meant he didn't get a freekick for the rest of the game despite being persistently fouled).

sabret00the

Established Member
sesquioxide said:
I wasn't able to catch the match and was only reading the comments, so I wouldn't know for sure. But one thing I noted throughout the game were comments criticizing how badly van Persie had played. Why is he getting 6-7? Are the comments during the game wrong, or is it something else?????
He worked hard but kept plugging away. People will tell you **** like he was better in the second half but he wasn't, he merely dropped deeper in order to compensate for the absentee midfield. He done nearly everything right throughout the game and with better service could've had a goal glut but Diaby and Song kept trying to feed him balls over the top or at the corner flags.

Once Nasri came on and started feeding the ball to feet/along the ground, it was like watching a different player, a lot of intelligent runs.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Fabianski 7
Sagna 7
Gallas 8
Djourou 5
Gibbs 6
Walcott 6
Diaby 5
Song 5
Arshavin 8
Vela 5
RVP 7

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom