• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Vs Malaysia XI - 2:45PM - Tue 24/07/2012 ESPN

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It would be great if Aneke followed a similar path to Jack when he first broke into the first team. Gets half a season training with the first team with some Carling Cup appearances and then loaned out to an EPL team for the second half of the season.

I really hope he makes it. His size and skill will perfect for the Premier League.

BeijingBaller

GunnerBP said:
It would be great if Aneke followed a similar path to Jack when he first broke into the first team. Gets half a season training with the first team with some Carling Cup appearances and then loaned out to an EPL team for the second half of the season.

I really hope he makes it. His size and skill will perfect for the Premier League.

This. Did anybody else get the tingles when he did that 360 control of the ball without breaking stride on that one-two (sorry for the vagueness, my memory of who the other guy was dissolved in my excitement at Aneke's move, I think)?

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
BeijingBaller said:
This. Did anybody else get the tingles when he did that 360 control of the ball without breaking stride on that one-two (sorry for the vagueness, my memory of who the other guy was dissolved in my excitement at Aneke's move, I think)?
0:40?
He's clearly got fantastic technical ability but I watched the match after I'd seen his match compilation and I thought he could have imposed himself on the match more.

I was very happy with Miquel's performance, he had quite a few matches last season and particularly stood out vs Liverpool (H) and I'm sure he can make it here. He needs to gain experience so I'd send him out on loan for the next two years (second year hopefully an EPL team would be willing to give him a go, somewhere like Swansea). Then he can comeback ready to rotate with our senior CB's.

Back-up to Sagna has been identified as a weak spot in the squad, it may take years, if ever, until Jenks is comfortable enough on the ball for Arsenal standard. He has more upside than Yennaris though who I thought had a really poor half (assist aside). I just hope that Coquelin will accept a permanent move to RB because I can definitely see him turning into a top class RB and he'd be perfect back-up to Sagna for the next 2/3 years.

Chamakh is woeful, he needs to go before the season kicks-off.

yuvken

Established Member
I'm happy to see I wasn't alone in excitement about Chuks. But again: those who expect it to happen this year are in for a disappointment. It'll take a while - only the physical aspect will take much work from him, and before that he's not a candidate for real 1st team stuff. Then,of course, there all the rest of it.
Vieira or Yaya? :lol: I don't really mind either, to be honest. Hope he can make it to such a level one day.

musicmonkey

Established Member
He's got a telepathic link with Afobe too, if they both make it that can be very valuable. We've seen it with Theo and RVP last season.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
For comparison's sake, City just beat Malaysia 3-1. Aguero with a superb solo goal. Stadium was only half full, but not like ours was full anyway.

GDeep™

League is very weak
City brushed them aside quite comfortably while we made hard work of the game. Mancini also playing with 3 at the back again, which is interesting.

Tevez and Aguero looking a sexy partnership too.

evoh_1

Established Member
oh to be a goon said:
I think Aneke should not be pushed deep. he should be closer to goal as a CAM/SS. His control is amazing and is brilliant with 1-2s

Nigerian Bergie.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom