• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Vs Reading Saturday 12:45pm

Ooh to be a gooner

The most goals Ruud Van Nistelrooy, one of the most prolific goal scorers in the EPL's history, scored in either the EPL or La Liga, is 25! So to some how presume that there are lots of players out there who could create the chances that Ade does, be in the right position to have the same amount of opportunities that he does and to score more than he does is simply fantasy!

Ade's problem is that he has an obvious area of his game that can be improved, and most people tend to focus on that aspect of his game and fail to acknowledge all that he does extremely well. Hleb suffers from a similar thing with his dislike of shooting.

_scorpion_

Established Member
You miss the point.

It's obvious to everyone that Ade can improve his finishing and heading. The problem is....how will that happen while Arsène continues to protect him?

Comparing his goal scoring record with RVN is irelevant on a number of levels. However, please note that Ferguson showed RVN the door when he wasn't satisfied.

Do you think Arsène is capeable of doing the same?

Do you think Arsène could spend on Villa even though he has Ade in the side scoring goals at the moment (but still being glaringly inefficient?).

That's the point. It's not Ade's fault he isnt being pushed.

But Ade is old enough to push himself to improve too.

sabret00the

Established Member
For me, it's just unacceptable to dominate a team in such a fashion as we did today and not have the scoreline support that. I gave the invincible's a lot of stick but i'd take their 4-2's over the current 1-0's.

kym7224

I agree with scorpion here.

We all agree Ade doing really well this season but he has part to improve in his game.

His heading his finishing are hardly world class, yes he works hard and I like him.

But if Ade level striker keeps his place as Arsenal No.1 striker I can't see we win many silverware.

Originally I hope RVP become our new no.1 and Ade to assist him with 15-20 goals.
Unfortunately Ade became our no.1.

He has real good season of almost 30 goals but we need someone more clinical IMO and Ade as support no.2

Ooh to be a gooner

kym7224 said:
I agree with scorpion here.

We all agree Ade doing really well this season but he has part to improve in his game.

His heading his finishing are hardly world class, yes he works hard and I like him.

But if Ade level striker keeps his place as Arsenal No.1 striker I can't see we win many silverware.

Originally I hope RVP become our new no.1 and Ade to assist him with 15-20 goals.
Unfortunately Ade became our no.1.

He has real good season of almost 30 goals but we need someone more clinical IMO and Ade as support no.2

If Ade is to be the second striker and pitch in with 15-20 goals how many do you anticipate RVP getting as the main striker?

Ooh to be a gooner

_scorpion_ said:
Do you think Arsène could spend on Villa even though he has Ade in the side scoring goals at the moment (but still being glaringly inefficient?)..

Do you believe that Villa would be able to enjoy the same opportunities as Ade and convert more of those chances? If so, give me a figure that you believe he will score in a season? But keep in mind RVN only scored 25 max in a season and Torres has only scored 1 more than Ade this season with 22, and also keep in mind that Ade scored in nearly every big game of the season, Milan, Liverpool, Man Utd and Sp**s.

It strikes me as being ludicruos to expect someone to score significantly more goals than Ade has, because even if there was a player who could, (which I don't believe there is) what happens when that player is injured? Rather we should be looking to distribute the responsibility of scoring to other members of the attack and midfield rather than being so reliant on one player

kym7224

I hope Arsenal No.1 striker to score 30+ goals including cups.

Ade scored 27 now he can be reach it.
But because of playing style I hope Ade become no.2 support target men.

I really want no.1 with clinical finishing who can score 30+ in whole 4 cups.

KingKolo

Do you believe that Villa would be able to enjoy the same opportunities as Ade and convert more of those chances? If so, give me a figure that you believe he will score in a season? But keep in mind RVN only scored 25 max in a season and Torres has only scored 1 more than Ade this season with 22, and also keep in mind that Ade scored in nearly every big game of the season, Milan, Liverpool, Man Utd and Sp**s.
That’s a tough question, and one that I personally don’t feel that anybody can answer... I’ll explain why. The facts are simple, Adebayor is a 6ft 4, athletic, often ‘dopey’ striker. He’s fast and powerful, and will run for the team. Despite missing absolute sitters, and often being very wasteful in front of goal, he is also an asset that any Premiership team would love to have. He’s got 27 goals, thus far, and you cannot say fairer than that.

David Villa, on the other hand, is a more nimble player, who seems to have a lot more control over his body, and knows exactly how to capitalise on his strengths and/or his opponents weaknesses. Due to his lack of size, his pace is decisive, and he uses it as well as anybody in the world. His finishing is perfect, and is almost opposite to Adebayor in that department.

Despite seeming that Villa would be the much preferred option (and yes, he is to me as well), who is to say he would have scored as many as Adebayor? He certainly would have finished off some of his easier chances, but the goal against Tottenham? The goal against Newcastle? All the headers? I’m afraid to say that due to sheer lack of size in comparison to Adebayor, he just wouldn’t have been able to score those.

He could, of course, get different opportunities, but that’s a total different story.

Tony Montana

Established Member
kym7224 said:

:lol:

kym7224

Tony Montana said:
kym7224 said:

:lol:

Why you laughing?

Invincible

Established Member
1) You think and expect Ade to score 30 goals this season
2) You want Ade to become a support striker
3) You want someone who can score 30 a season in all comps (isn't that what Ade is doing?)

You contradicted yourself 3 times in one single post! Amazing!

kym7224

Invincible said:
1) You think and expect Ade to score 30 goals this season
2) You want Ade to become a support striker
3) You want someone who can score 30 a season in all comps (isn't that what Ade is doing?)

You contradicted yourself 3 times in one single post! Amazing!

Sorry because of my English causing misunderstanding.

1) Yes he may reach it this season but I dont see him as a 30 goal striker.
2) Yes I want him as No.2
3) Yes this year he doing brilliantly over my expectation, but personally I don't think he can do it consistantly

Therefore I want one more striker with proven record.
If Ade keep his form next season or even improve then I am gladly admit I am totally wrong.

kym7224

Invincible said:
That's a better explaination mate, sorry for misunderstanding you.

No, I am sorry because of my poor English causing misunderstanding.
Originally I hope RVP to became no.1 succeessor of Henry, but unfortunately he can't play full season. :(

Therefore I want someone with proven record until Theo or someone to develop.

kamikaze80

Established Member
JazzG said:
To be fair though we hit the woodwork two times (well three times if you count RvP's freekick hit the crossbar and post!). Had it cleared off the line as well by a defender and their keeper made some good saves. So a bit unlucky there not to score from those chances.
a bad refereeing decision is bad luck. eduardo getting his leg broken is bad luck. hitting the woodwork is not bad luck, its bad finishing. at the end of the day, where you place your shot is entirely within your control.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
how does one get a proven reputation without the opportunity to do so? you say "he may reach 30 goals" but he isnt a 30-goal striker... i know you say he cant do it consistently, but how do you know that? all 30-goal scoreres hae to start somewhere.. maybe this is his start?

KingKolo

kamikaze80 said:
JazzG said:
To be fair though we hit the woodwork two times (well three times if you count RvP's freekick hit the crossbar and post!). Had it cleared off the line as well by a defender and their keeper made some good saves. So a bit unlucky there not to score from those chances.
a bad refereeing decision is bad luck. eduardo getting his leg broken is bad luck. hitting the woodwork is not bad luck, its bad finishing. at the end of the day, where you place your shot is entirely within your control.
Unless it's physical things such as a bobble in the grass, or a crazy rush of wind.

Other than that, yes, I totally agree.

kym7224

USArsenal said:
how does one get a proven reputation without the opportunity to do so? you say "he may reach 30 goals" but he isnt a 30-goal striker... i know you say he cant do it consistently, but how do you know that? all 30-goal scoreres hae to start somewhere.. maybe this is his start?

Yes Usa this year can be start, but with his finishing I still has a doubt.
As I write on above if I'm wrong next season I will be very happy.

Biggus

Established Member
sabret00the said:
For me, it's just unacceptable to dominate a team in such a fashion as we did today and not have the scoreline support that. I gave the invincible's a lot of stick but i'd take their 4-2's over the current 1-0's.

What 1-0's? our preferred scoreline is 1-1.

I dream of us being able to win 1-0.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Ooh to be a gooner said:
_scorpion_ said:
Do you think Arsène could spend on Villa even though he has Ade in the side scoring goals at the moment (but still being glaringly inefficient?)..

It strikes me as being ludicruos to expect someone to score significantly more goals than Ade has, because even if there was a player who could, (which I don't believe there is) what happens when that player is injured? Rather we should be looking to distribute the responsibility of scoring to other members of the attack and midfield rather than being so reliant on one player

It would be impossible to predict anything about a new striker joining the team without seeing them in the side.

What I'm saying is I believe Villa is far more efficient than Ade and in a side like ours, I think he can better Ade's tally.

I'm not saying Ade won't get goals - I'm saying for his personal development, he needs competition. He needs to know that missing the chances he missed against Reading could result in a spot on the bench the following week.

Don't get me wrong here, I have supported Ade when he was highly unfashionable. I still believe that he offers this current team a heck of a lot. However, I think he has to improve immensley in order for AFC to win a trophy with him in the side as the main goal threat. I personallly do not believe he has enough motivation to improve himself given the current strikers he is competing with to start.

And I think that while this continues, he will continue to miss a glut of chances and blow hot and cold while accumulating a respectable goal tally. It won't lead to titles or trophies, because he is not efficient enough to take the 1 out of 2 chances he may only get in tough away matches when the team around him doesnt play well.

Putting 1 out of 5 chances away in an easy meaningless home matches against tame opposition is fun and easy to do.....the day he starts to put 3 away in matches like today will be the day he starts to demonstrate the level of improvement I think (and a lot of people believe) he needs to reach for the team to win titles.

Torres will get there when Liverpool finally sort out the team around him....Villa can get us there now (in my opinion) given the pipeline of opportunities that Cesc, Hleb and RVP can supply.

Ade needs to hit that level, otherwise 20 + goals a year will mean nothing really apart from looking great on his personal CV.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom