• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Stoke: Match Ratings

MAK 14

Established Member
Almunia 6.5 - Not a whole lot to do, but looked shaky at times.

Sagna 7 - Solid at the back.
Gallas 7.5 - Another solid game from Gallas
Vermaelen 7.5 - Same as Gallas.
Traore 7 - Good game from him.

Denilson 6.5 - Not great first half, improved second.
Cesc 6.5 - Not a great game from him, but his passing and ideas were good.
Nasri 6.5 - Not bad.

Eboue 6.5 - All in all, a decent game from him
Rosicky 6 - Very disappointed by him.
Arshavin 8 - Played very well through the middle.

Invincible

Established Member
Almunia - 6 Had nothing to do
Gallas - 7 Solid
Vermaelen - 7 ^^
Traore - 7 Surprisingly good
Sagna - 8 He's world-class
Denilson - 6 Did well
Cesc - 6 Good in some parts, awful in others
Nasri - 7 Worked hard and played well overall
Eboue - 6 Where's his position?!?
Rosicky - 4 Abysmal
Arshavin - 8 MOTM

Vela - 6 Good cameo
Ramsey - 6 Nice goal
Geriatric - N/A

qs

Established Member
Almunia 5 looked flappy

Sagna 7 did fine
Gallas 7 good game
Vermaelen 7 best of the defence but not by a lot
Traore 6 still doesn't offer enough support going forward IMO, ok though

Denilson 6 quiet game, not bad though
Cesc 7 if Arshavin was better one on one he'd have had 3 or 4 assists, good game
Nasri 7 I think he's improving alot lately, always bright and worked hard

Eboue 7 good performance, great in possession and some good crosses, worked like a trojoan too
Rosicky 5 poor, looks weaker than he used to aswell
Arshavin 7 MOTM much better than usual, hopefully a sign of things to come from him in the middle. Should have scored more though.

Vela 6 better than Rosicky but I still think he's much better through the middle.

asajoseph

Established Member
Almunia - 5 - No saves to make, but got completely lost on some of the balls into the box in the first half.

Sagna - 5 - Decent defending, but back to his worst going forward.
Gallas - 7 - Solid at the back, snuffed out everything Stoke had (which wasn't much at all
Vermaelen - 7 - Solid like Gallas, and one or two nice runs forward as well.
Traore - 6 - Reasonably tidy, both forwards and back, but not particularly exceptional.

Cesc - 5 - Awful penalty, and very sloppy overall, but at least created on occasion.
Denilson - 3 - Might as well have had 10 men. Defensively unnecessary (and still managed to let play go past him a few times, and completely pointless in posession.
Eboue - 5 - Decent running, nothing to show for it. As usual.
Rosicky - 4 - Poor, and off the pace.
Nasri - 5 - Struggled to get involved in anything meaningful. Played some of the intricate stuff well, but ineffectual when it counts.

Arshavin - 6 - Good runs, poor finishing overall, but the goal was very well taken.

Subs -

Vela - 5 - One nice run, but otherwise quiet. Struggled to get involved.
Ramsey - 7 - Purposeful, which Wenger must hate. Looked positive in possesion, and took his goal very well
Sylvestre - 0 - just for being a fat, peanut headed ex-manc ****.

asajoseph

Established Member
It was a poor performance. Stoke were absolutely dreadful, and we made a complete meal of it for most of the match.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Almunia - 4
Sagna - 6
Gallas - 7
Vermaelen - 7.5
Traore - 7
Cesc - 5
Denilson - 4 - +1 for his 2nd half performance, otherwise its absolutely shambolic
Eboue - 5
Rosicky - 5
Nasri - 6
Arshavin - 8

Subs
Vela - 6
Ramsey - 7
Silvestre - N.A

outlaw_member

Established Member
I think the fact that this performance came off the back of three consecutive defeats has made it seem better than it was. It was a decent performance from the lads which is really the least you'd expect.

Almunia 6

Sagna 7
Gallas 7
Vermaelen 7
Traore 7

Cesc 6
Nasri 6
Denilson 6

Arshavin 7.5
Rosicky 6
Eboue 7

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Almunia 5 - Didnt have much to do, looked shaky, his hair sucks
Sagna 7 - Looked fine, was very active, put in a decent cross or two
Gallas 7 - Was solid
Vermaelen 7 - Was solid
Traore 6 - An average performance, not much going forward, but not beaten much either
Denilson 4 - Watched play go by him a number of times, lost the ball a few times, no attacking movements at all
Cesc 5 - Seemed to have the right ideas, but nothing came off today, including a missed penalty
Eboue 6 - Was lively, got into good positions, end product suffered per usual
Rosicky 4 - Seemed out of the game for the most part, looked short of fitness
Nasri 6 - Worked hard, made a few nice moves on the ball, but no end product
Arshavin 7 - Was on the end of most of our successful moves, scored a great goal, missed a few other chances. Only negative was his first touch at times

Vela 5 - Didnt do much, still deathly afraid of his own right foot
Ramsey 7 - Looked fantastic, good movement, great shot to score the goal, could have had a second
Silvestre NA - He didnt cost us, always a plus

All told, I thought the performance was mediocre. Stoke are a very tough team to play against. Dont read that as them playing great, they're just organized for the most part and pack the midfield tight. I thought we looked ok for spells, but didnt create many great scoring chances. When Cesc missed the penalty, I feared for the worst. But it was a nice win all the same. Arshavin was 10x more effective through the center than Eduardo, but we're still missing something.

Gurgen

Established Member
Almunia 4 - Clown. Drops crosses like they're hot.
Sagna 7 - Solid.
Gallas - Id.
Vermaelen - Id.
Traore 7 - Got forward well, put in some nice crosses.
Denilson 6 - Muscled off the ball too easily, otherwise solid.
Cesc 5 - Shocking attitude, especially in the first half. Nice pen too.
Nasri 7 - Worked hard, good passing.
Eboue 6 - Unspectacular. Had some good moments.
Arshavin 8 - Not everything came off but still by far our most dangerous player.
Rosicky 5 - Was he playing?

Vela 5 - At one point misplaced a 4 yard pass to Arshavin in the box.
Ramsey 6 - Poor but nice goal.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Almunia: 6

Sagna: 8 - The two centrebacks are getting all the praise this season but Sagna is, as usual, our best defender. I hope he never grows old.
Gallas: 7
Vermaelen: 7
Traore: 8 - Very impressive.

Denilson: 5.5 - Usually a good player to have when you play opponents that are counterattacking because he's got the ability to adapt to the change of play. Did it with mixed results today though.
Cesc: 5.5 - Very good balls going forward as always but I didn't like his attitude one bit. Didn't act like a captain today.
Rosicky: 6 - Better in midfield than he is in attack. Let's hope he stays here.

Nasri: 6 - Hard worker, no end product. Useful today.
Arshavin: 8 - Lacking forwards, in need of players who can make a difference. Step up Arshavin. Top two performance for him this season.
Eboue: 6 - As usual he brings movement into the attack and creates space but he lacks all type of end product. Should stay here for the next couple o games if he isn't injured.

Vela: 7 - Vela impresses me most of the time. I absolutely adore his workrate, his movement and his fearlessness. What I don't like is his decision making, but it will grow with time. Should get a chance against Pool if Eduardo is still injured.
Ramsey: 6 - Good performance overall. What really struck me today was how good his ball retention is. Nasri lost the ball in most of the decisive moments but Ramsey held on to it, used his surprisingly quick feet to go past his defender and put the ball under Sorensen. Class.
Silvestre: I didn't notice him at all, but I'm glad it was him who came on rather than Senderos.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Almunia: 5.5 - flapped at crosses and Delaps throw ins too much.. other than that, didnt have too much to do..

Sagna: 6 - thought he was defensively sound, but was absolutely terrible going forward..

Gallas: 7 - solid enough, no real chances, was good to see them winning a lot of headers

Vermaelen: 7 - same as Gallas

Traore: 7 - thought it was his best game this season.. decent going forward, can cross well (even if no one is there) and made a couple of nice defensive plays..

Denilson: 5 - Average at best.. was better in the second half, but just a little

Cesc: 6 - certainly tried to create things, but nothing seemed to be going his way..

Rosicky: 5 - didnt do much today... apparently broke a fingernail at halftime and will be out for 2 months now..

Nasri: 5.5 - OK but not great..

Arshavin: 8 - was the best player on the pitch today.. created, finished (once) and got us the pen that Fab missed.. glad to see him play well

Eboue: 6.5 - was somewhat useful today.. direct in his runs forward and was a good outlet..

Vela: 6 - was decent.. a couple of better balls from cesc, and he might have gotten some shots.. defended well when he needed to..

Ramsey: 7 - liked his contribution today.. was good with the ball, pushed forward when he needed to.. good goal to calm our nerves..

Silvestre: n/a - didnt do much for the 7 minutes he was on the pitch..

est

asajoseph said:
It was a poor performance. Stoke were absolutely dreadful, and we made a complete meal of it for most of the match.
This. Also, your ratings are pretty accurate.

IBL

Established Member
Almunia 5 - didnt concede but always threatened to

Sagna 7 - solid
Vermaelen 7.5 - usual aggressive defending
Gallas 7 - solid
Troare 7 - one or two defensive lapses but overall good

Nasri 6.5 - some good moments
Denilson 5 - dont see the point of him
Cesc 6 - quiet but could easily have had some assists and goals
Rossi 6 - ok
Eboue 7 - put in a good shift

Arshavin 8 - dangerous movement, good goal, would have had a hat-trick if he could sort his first touch out

SUBS
Vela 6
Ramsey 7 - well taken goal
Silvestre n/a

lagos

Established Member
Listening to Thommo the idiot livepool pundit (yeah another one), you'd have thought Eboue was having a stinker!

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
MAK 14 said:
Almunia 6.5 - Not a whole lot to do, but looked shaky at times.

Sagna 7 - Solid at the back.
Gallas 7.5 - Another solid game from Gallas
Vermaelen 7.5 - Same as Gallas.
Traore 7 - Good game from him.

Denilson 6.5 - Not great first half, improved second.
Cesc 6.5 - Not a great game from him, but his passing and ideas were good.
Nasri 6.5 - Not bad.

Eboue 6.5 - All in all, a decent game from him
Rosicky 6 - Very disappointed by him.
Arshavin 8 - Played very well through the middle.
I'd go along with those, although I'd probably give Sagna 7.5 and Denilson 6.
Decent performance from us, but we need to more clinical and ruthless (how many times have we heard that?).

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I am starting to think Traore can challenge Gibbs. Defensively he is better than most people thought, offensively he picked the right time to go forward had nice runs and crosses.

Del Boy

Established Member
I have always liked Traore, people were writing him off without reason a few weeks ago. Has potential to be a very good player.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i still think he's behind Gibbs in the lineup, but if he can get better each game, then thats all we can ask for.. he has physical skills (some) just needs more experience to make the right decisions

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom