• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piper

How the hell have we be making top 4 with a garbage board and financial restrictions for the 19 out of 20 years, while richer more ambitious clubs have fallen out?

One word: Wenger! With a properly ambitious board and owner Wenger would storm the league. He's the best in the business, the best of his generation! IFFHS manager of the decade. The only manager in my knowledge who has had money actually offered as a transfer fee. The only manager who to my knowledge Bayern Munich have openly courted with a plea for him to sign.
Well mate you keep singing along in your belief in Wenger...but many managers have kept teams up with crap boards and no money. In fact we had a a manager in George Graham (who actually won a Euro trophy) and unearthed real gems from youth and lower league clubs. He never had a fraction of the support that Wenger has had...sure our board sucks but take a look at the money Wenger has spent over the last 2 years. Apart from Sanchez name one who has been a success? How many young players have progressed the last 10 years? His time has come and his number has been rumbled that team selection against Liverpool shows just his contempt for the fans. He wants support but how many times does he apologise to the fans? Yet HE WANTS SUPPORT? LOL

You keep supporting Wenger good on you I hope you are right..but lets just see where we are at the end of the year if he is still here!

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Sad he's no threat to other managers these days. Fergie actually said he felt sorry for us and didn't want Utd to score any more goals when they battered us 8-2.

It's natural to feel sorry for anyone on the short end of such a beating, but that's just one game. It should be noted that Sir Alex has consistently praised Wenger and has said that those who want him out are very misguided.

BobP

Memri Fan
It's natural to feel sorry for anyone on the short end of such a beating, but that's just one game. It should be noted that Sir Alex has consistently praised Wenger and has said that those who want him out are very misguided.

Again, it's a distance thing.

Furthermore, he just doesn't see him as a threat.

You think Fungus would have been saying stuff like this between the years of 1997 and 2006? Of course not.

Preacher

Always Crying
Wenger in people are always active while Arsenal isn't playing and we're in international break. While we're dropping points against minions or other top teams are trashing us they are nowhere to be seen.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Has anybody noticed that towards the end of each season we finish really strongly. This tends to be because we instill defensive stability and change the way we play defensively. However when we start a new season Wenger rips up the previous season and starts again. It's like he doesn't value the start of the season as he believes it's a marathon not a sprint. Yet you need to sprint at the start of the marathon to gain a good position.

It's as if points in the first 5 games are meaningless because there is a long way to go. I remember when we ended a season with a 4 2 3 1. We then started the next season with an open 4 1 4 1 with Wilshere and Ramsey in midfield. It's like he experiments until things get so bad that he need's to stumble across a solution.

He did the same thing again this season. It looked like he was buying players to fit in a formation, but Lacazette played on the left wing in pee season and since the league has started Kolasinac hasn't even played in his preferred position. The shambles of a transfer window aside. If Wenger plays the players in their correct positons we are likely to win more games than if he just does what he has at the start of the season.

Were also usually still desperately trying to scrape a top 4 place. Towards the end of the season you meet an ever increasing number of teams that are safe from relegation with nothing to play for really.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
The most frustrating thing for me is that, this team/squad isnt actually that bad.

We won the F.A cup last season, beat so.e top teams along the way.

We've added Seo and Lacazette.

However the reason why we've been losing is because the team is completely imbalanced. Playing players out of position, not playing our strongest starting 11.

Playing two lbs as CBS, playing a rb at lwb.....that in itself should drive people mad.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

A lot of the young fanbase including myself barely remember the good years as they were seen through the eyes of a young kid who had more interest in playing football than watching it.

We remember the bad quite clearly though so as @Dokaka said it seems like the number of bad years is approaching the number of good even if that isn't the case. If Wenger does leave in such circumstances does he have a legacy? If he gives us some highs but eventually leaves us where he picked us up from (or worse) what does that actually mean?

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
So you would sacrifice 3 FA Cups in 4 years for just competing but not winning the title?? That seems like what you're implying. It will be interesting to see how Liverpool do now they have european football to contend with. They had no Europe last season and I personally don't think that Klopps Gegenpress can be sustained across their squad for a whole season in domestic and european competition. I also see Tottenham's move to Wembley being more of a hindrance than a help. There's something about the atmosphere in Wenbley that get's the opposition geed up and I can see them losing/drawing lots of games there this season.
Again with the twisting of the words.

Controlling for budgets and histories, Tottenham and Liverpool have been better run that we have, and now look better situated.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

A lot of the young fanbase including myself barely remember the good years as they were seen through the eyes of a young kid who had more interest in playing football than watching it.

We remember the bad quite clearly though so as @Dokaka said it seems like the number of bad years is approaching the number of good even if that isn't the case. If Wenger does leave in such circumstances does he have a legacy? If he gives us some highs but eventually leaves us where he picked us up from (or worse) what does that actually mean?

Most probably the unbeaten season , manager with the most FA cups and the Emirates stadium , also there's that Wenger bust at the Emirates .
There's no comparison believe me to where he picked us up from , no word of a lie Arsenal 1998-2004 caught the imagination of a lot of non premier league viewers and hipsters .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom